EVGA geforce GTX 970 Giveaway! presented by GrimNeo

GrimNeo

Wow.. What a giveaway...too cool.

I don't deserve it, but maybe that's why I'll win,... seems to be the case in other website competitions :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Now a question for the rest of you. In the event of another giveaway what would you fools want?

LukaP to shut his face.

or a 5775C 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

LukaP to shut his face.

or a 5775C

Shut your face then.

Still looking for more opinions. What does the community want to see? Audio gear? *ears intensifying*

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Shut your face then.

Still looking for more opinions. What does the community want to see? Audio gear? *ears intensifying*

What about not strictly PC related tech? like maybe a RaspPi kit, or a custom case mod for the winner or something like that?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Thank you!!!

I want it because my current HD 7850 is only 1gb and I get 20fps on arms 3...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Shut your face then.

Headphones.

Amp/DAC? (Doesn't have to be a super advanced one I guess)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Shut your face then.

i think a DAC giveaway would be pretty awesome! :D

Would be quite an improvement over my 280... could sell 280 then get an SSD + something. Also when is the giveaway gonna end?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

i am entering because my 290 wont fully support direct x12 and because i dont have the money to buy anything new 

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

Shut your face then.

Audio gear is always nice. Can't really think of anything else right now.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Well not like I want to leech but I'd like to enter, you never know :)

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I would love to win it thanks for the chance. Thanks for doing this m8.

I would put together my first good gaming rig if I win that I haven't had the resources to put together :P

System: Thinkpad T460

Awesome giveaway Grim! 

I need a GPU because, I sold my whole system away so my company could afford advertising so I am using @STRMfrmXMN Core 2 Quad and GT 520. 

EDIT: Never mind situation changed. 

I made a thread about cancer (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/335284-cancer-test-results-from-may-19th/) a while back with a scare I had. This community helped me a lot to get through it. As a result I would like to say thank you.

Community voted for EVGA. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382964-update-june-15th-evga-won-nvidiaamd-970290x-or-390x-giveaway-poll/

Giveaway

Prize is a graphics card

EVGA geforce GTX 970 ssc reference or EVGA geforce GTX 970 ACX 2.0 ssc. Winner will choose.

I would like to thank these people in the community who helped me through my tough times. If I missed your name I'm sorry.

@Prastupok @Enflics @TheMidnightNarwhal @zappian @nhatduy1611 @

@Redsun20 @GuruMeditationError @coolkingler1 @Kermit @matt12046

@Flight1sim @Tim Drake @Syntaxvgm @AlwaysFSX

@LukaP @Slash003 @GoldSrc @Swndlr @Trik'Stari

@terrytek @Vivilacqua1 @blackadder @Pohernori

@Ethn @Misanthrope @asim1999 @jameshumphries47

@tmcclelland455 @ManWithBeard1990 @spwath @Pesmerga

@SamStrecker @Hero7750 @Linux User @melias24

@Ceatra @Atmos @Speedyv @Nup

@LePawel @Nakano2k1 @Shakaza

@Whorax @Kamina @brokencross @Rohith_Kumar_Sp

@c3p0_ @Admire @CatCloud @colonel_mortis @CoolaxGaming

@dadasmithywinkle @deigo73 @Glenwing @

@eelnico09 @EpicGeekonFire @JustCallMeVlad @LinusTech

@Slick @lukky211111 @Minibois @MyInnerFred @ @Pugs501

@QuadNine @RevoltTrain @Real_PhillBert @QueenDemetria @techswede

@thekeemo @Victorious Secret @TheSLSAMG @wolfgang @Charger

@Colonel_Gerdauf @FatPenguin

@ShadowCaptain @REX.exe @WinNut

@Thane Knox @Vitalius @Volbet @WoodenMarker

Thanks to the anime club as well as I used their format.

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Ruostunut kokis @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @ NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @ilove64 @cesrai @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo @thorbrantly101 @ultralars @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @Tonylu1595 @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName @Createinator @RedSphyxis @ZeroGenesis @Miqle @Nater @Jack_of_all_Trades @shadowblitz3 @Oasis @dragoon20005 @RazerZ

This giveaway is for everyone on this forum but must follow the rules to enter.

Rules

1. Make a post in this thread for entry(Naturally only one entry per member)

2. You must have 50 posts as of June 16th, 2015

3. Winners will be PM'ed by me!(So be ready to provide shipping information)

4. Please include a reason as to why you deserve to have this.

5. No VRAM talk please.

6. Be kind to each other and best of luck.

Time window for entering this giveaway will be from June 16th, 2015 to June 30th, 2015 11:00PM EST(US & Canada), winners will be selected via RNG.

Shipping is worldwide!

I will post pictures tonight.

i would love to win, because i want to speed up my father's workstation at work, because he is running off iGPU and he is using photoshop..

also: best wishes to you, i think it is very kind of you to do this and we are here to help :)

also 2: have you bought the gpu yet? because if you have not ordered it, can you get an ITX version?

im entering thanks alot @GrimNeo :) the reason i want to enter because i have a gt 240 :(

Look At My Extremely Awesome Pc: Cpu: Intel Pentium T4400 Ram: DDR2 4GB Ram Graphics: Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Awesome giveaway Grim! 

I need a GPU because, I sold my whole system away so my company could afford advertising so I am using @STRMfrmXMN Core 2 Quad and GT 520. 

Your welcome buddy. Damn a GT 520. Best of luck.

i would love to win, because i want to speed up my father's workstation at work, because he is running off iGPU and he is using photoshop..

also: best wishes to you, i think it is very kind of you to do this and we are here to help :)

also 2: have you bought the gpu yet? because if you have not ordered it, can you get an ITX version?

What is the cost?

im entering thanks alot @GrimNeo :) the reason i want to enter because i have a gt 240 :(

Your welcome

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Awesome giveaway Grim! 

You had a topic few hours ago where you said you're using a non k 3770 with an R9 290?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Your welcome buddy. Damn a GT 520. Best of luck.

Never mind PKA turned down my deal, so yays... but I am sad they did...

You had a topic few hours ago where you said you're using a non k 3770 with an R9 290?

That was my situation, until PKA turned down my deal, I was going to give them my Computer for advertising instead of money. 

Please no need for off-topic in this thread. If a mod could delete this please.

Never mind PKA turned down my deal, so yays... but I am sad they did...

Do you still want in?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Do you still want in?

Honestly, It would be in a better place elsewhere then my computer, so take me out. It is super awesome you are doing this though. 

Fine. I'll enter then, but if I win, I'll send it to @terrytek. Is that a good reason for entering? Can I even do that? xD

If you win. I could send it to the address you specify.

I see no reason for you doing a give away because we were nice to you. I is a really nice gesture, but even though it get rarer and rarer I still believe we should all still be Albe to be kind to each without expecting something in return.

I don't expect anything in return. This is just my way of showing gratitude. Plus the positive vibes from this forum helped me a lot.

I think it's awesome you're doing this!

As for a good reason, I don't think I have one since I've been against the 970 since its big issue; I'd probably give it to a friend who's planning on building a computer if I got one, though. :P

I am doing a 390x giveaway in the future. You could always enter that. Anyways best of luck.

@GrimNeo You hurt my feelings I spammed your notifications 5+ in past month you should remember me.

I thought I included you. :(. Sorry.

Aww you didnt include me in the thanks :( (i dontmind)

Reason: because i wont care about its VRAM and because i like you on here :)

Also that is a really cool giveaway :o

Your welcome. I thought I did include you in the thank you section.

Now a question for the rest of you. In the event of another giveaway what would you fools want?

a Dac/amp would be awesome.

Shut your face then.

More Audio gear or Anime themed stuff.

Would be quite an improvement over my 280... could sell 280 then get an SSD + something. Also when is the giveaway gonna end?

June 30th at 11pm eastern standard time. I will be doing a 390x giveaway in the future as well. I really wanted to do a 980 Ti/Fury X giveaway but I could not afford it. Sorry. Maybe if I get a better job. For sure then.

Amazing giveaway GrimNeo and best to luck for your health and the future  :)

Good luck to you all.

Thank you.

Honestly, It would be in a better place elsewhere then my computer, so take me out. It is super awesome you are doing this though. 

Best of luck on your situation.

I think I could win because I make people smile with my funny replies

they might not be helpful

but at least they brighten up their day