EVGA geforce GTX 970 Giveaway! presented by GrimNeo

GrimNeo

I may soon be left with my 9800GTX+ instead of my HD 7950. It would be nice to play games again. Thanks for this giveaway!

I may soon be left with my 9800GTX+ instead of my HD 7950. It would be nice to play games again. Thanks for this giveaway!

I have a spare 8800GTX lying around.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Cool beans Neo !!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you did not have cancer !!!

My niece ( who I raised ) fought cancer for 4 years . It was hell on her and hell on all of us . I would have traded a limb to have spared her the suffering . There is nothing more horrifying than watching someone you love wasting away from cancer and chemo . The worst was when it came back the third time . I really thought I was going to loose her . I'm happy to say that she has been cancer free for years now . Of all the people to get cancer , it should not have been her as , she was already in a wheelchair . Oh well , life is cruel and we just go on and do our best and keep our faith . The only lingering thing is the bills I'm still paying on lol . But , that is money well spent !!!!!!

I can't honestly say I " need " the card . It would be nice as I dropped and killed a 960 :P But I'll be happy to see anyone in our Heaven society win :D

Good luck everyone and really cool beans to @GrimNeo :)

MSI Z97A Gaming7 , 4690k , 2 X MSI 960 4g , 500gb ssd , 7tb of WD hdd storage , EVGA 100G2 , Corsair h100i , 2 X 32" 1440p as I RMAd the 4k ones , CM quickfire .

NOW I'VE LOST IT I KNOW I CAN KILL . TRUTH IS HIDDEN BEYOND THE GATES  IT'S ALL DARKER THAN BLACK .

Stay strong, i'm glad to hear that the LTT community helped you so much

you deserve the best, only someone with a good heart would do something like this

whoever win this is going to be very happy, of course myself included, so we as well thank you for everything you've done for the community :)

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

I had an almost-relative(really good friend of my mom's) go through a big scare with breast cancer, lost her hair for a bit from chemo. She survived, but it was scary. I want this card because I only have AMD, which is great and everything, but having both brands would really unlock the potential of these games. If I win this, I will donate all my birthday money, tops $50 USD to cancer research (I am underage and almost broke, I soon will have a birthday, so... Here comes next burst of money).

EDIT: changing max to 75 to avoid sounding cheap... Also adding on that I would either fold or boinc whichever card I'm not using at the time.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

This might help out.

To All: If you won. Would you choose a reference or ACX 2.0 version of the EVGA 970?

because I LOVE having three to five posts in a row, I'm gonna say ACX 2.0, because open coolers are much cooler looking, and in general are easier to paint IMO.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

This might help out.

To All: If you won. Would you choose a reference or ACX 2.0 version of the EVGA 970?

ACX for performance, reference for looks and water cooling potential :)

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I need a new GPU for autocad and I can't afford an upgrade cause I need to change my dead monitor

I first loved PCs with my 9500 GT (uber overclocker mine was for some reason). 

I first hated PCs with my GT 440. 

I first hated my uncle for upgrading my GT 440 to a radeon 6670.

I first "banged" my PC with my radeon 6950.

I first angrily threw my fist in the air when I realized it's an extremely low chance of me winning the GTX 970. :P

So many firsts though... 

5211c53d1bf603f776640fdc41294fe4.jpg

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

@GrimNeo : You're gonna have the time of your life sorting through all those entries ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I first loved PCs with my 9500 GT (uber overclocker mine was for some reason). 

I first hated PCs with my GT 440. 

I first hated my uncle for upgrading my GT 440 to a radeon 6670.

I first "banged" my PC with my radeon 6950.

I first angrily threw my fist in the air when I realized it's an extremely low chance of me winning the GTX 970. :P

So many firsts though... 

5211c53d1bf603f776640fdc41294fe4.jpg

How I feel with 3 monitors:

519257082adf383889.jpg

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Everytime I see this at the top of the list with a new post I'm thinking..

It's Time!!!!!

58059837.jpg

Then get a reality check and resume patience....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Hey man I want in.

btw this is very kind of you,

I think I deserve that because it's the only piece I miss for a pc I promised to someone. (he'll be very grateful) 

I made a thread about cancer (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/335284-cancer-test-results-from-may-19th/) a while back with a scare I had. This community helped me a lot to get through it. As a result I would like to say thank you.

Community voted for EVGA. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382964-update-june-15th-evga-won-nvidiaamd-970290x-or-390x-giveaway-poll/

Giveaway

Prize is a graphics card

EVGA geforce GTX 970 ssc reference or EVGA geforce GTX 970 ACX 2.0 ssc. Winner will choose.

I would like to thank these people in the community who helped me through my tough times. If I missed your name I'm sorry.

@Prastupok @Enflics @TheMidnightNarwhal @zappian @nhatduy1611 @

@Redsun20 @GuruMeditationError @coolkingler1 @Kermit @matt12046

@Flight1sim @Tim Drake @Syntaxvgm @AlwaysFSX

@LukaP @Slash003 @GoldSrc @Swndlr @Trik'Stari

@terrytek @Vivilacqua1 @blackadder @Pohernori

@Ethn @Misanthrope @asim1999 @jameshumphries47

@tmcclelland455 @ManWithBeard1990 @spwath @Pesmerga

@SamStrecker @Hero7750 @Linux User @melias24

@Ceatra @Atmos @Speedyv @Nup

@LePawel @Nakano2k1 @Shakaza

@Whorax @Kamina @brokencross @Rohith_Kumar_Sp

@c3p0_ @Admire @CatCloud @colonel_mortis @CoolaxGaming

@dadasmithywinkle @deigo73 @Glenwing @

@eelnico09 @EpicGeekonFire @JustCallMeVlad @LinusTech

@Slick @lukky211111 @Minibois @MyInnerFred @ @Pugs501

@QuadNine @RevoltTrain @Real_PhillBert @QueenDemetria @techswede

@thekeemo @Victorious Secret @TheSLSAMG @wolfgang @Charger

@Colonel_Gerdauf @FatPenguin

@ShadowCaptain @REX.exe @WinNut

@Thane Knox @Vitalius @Volbet @WoodenMarker @cesrai

Thanks to the anime club as well as I used their format.

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Ruostunut kokis @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @ NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @ilove64 @cesrai @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo @thorbrantly101 @ultralars @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @Tonylu1595 @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName @Createinator @RedSphyxis @ZeroGenesis @Miqle @Nater @Jack_of_all_Trades @shadowblitz3 @Oasis @dragoon20005 @RazerZ

This giveaway is for everyone on this forum but must follow the rules to enter.

Rules

1. Make a post in this thread for entry(Naturally only one entry per member)

2. You must have 50 posts as of June 16th, 2015 (I will include your off-topic posts toward the 50)

3. Winners will be PM'ed by me!(So be ready to provide shipping information)

4. Please include a reason as to why you deserve to have this. (Edit: Don't take to heart. You can say whatever you want for a reason. Just remember there is no wrong answer)

5. No VRAM talk please.

6. Be kind to each other and best of luck.

7. This is not a paid entry. I ask for nothing in return.

Time window for entering this giveaway will be from June 16th, 2015 to June 30th, 2015 11:00PM EST(US & Canada), winners will be selected via RNG.

Shipping is worldwide!

I will post pictures tonight.

this sounds pretty shitty but it'll give me an excuse to get a real case instead of this crap alienware x51 :D

badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges

Great giveaway.

Reaons? I'm a videocard away from building a machine that will replace my friends laptop (which can't even run CS 1.6).

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

I want the giveaway because it seems nice to have a nividia card. And I didn't even know this was going on until today. SO I DIDN'T MISS IT :D

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

IM cutting it close but I think I'll enter this as well :D

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Is the give away still going. Thought they were going to announce the winner

Who won? :P

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Is the give away still going. Thought they were going to announce the winner

Who won? :P

give the guy a bit haha  :)

To all: LAst day. IT ends tonight at 11pm est. Winner will be announced Tomorrow.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

snip

Lol i totally forgot about this giveaway.......

Have fun going through all the entries :P.

*(Not entering) 

give the guy a bit haha   :)

Oh lol. I didn't see that. Well good luck to all. :D

How are the winners being chosen?