Jump to content

STRMfrmXMN

Member
  • Content count

    19,253
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Awards


This user doesn't have any awards

About STRMfrmXMN

  • Title
    Yes.
  • Birthday April 5

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Portland, Oregon. Stop moving here, please.
  • Interests
    Plaid, Cars and Computers. Slight obsession with Zooey Deschanel. I am a support main in Overwatch currently at 3000 SR if you wanna play. Am god Ana.
  • Biography
    I have 3 dogs and cancer memes ლ( º ل͜ º ლ)

System

  • CPU
    AMD R7 1700X @ 3.9 GHz 1.34V
  • Motherboard
    Asus X370 Prime Pro
  • RAM
    Hynix (yuck) G.Skill 16GB Ripjaws V 3200 MHz @ 2733 with timings so loose they might just fall off
  • GPU
    EVGA GTX 970 + 160 MHz core, + 400 mem
  • Case
    NZXT S340 Black
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (Windows) + OCZ Arc 100 120GB (Storage)
  • PSU
    EVGA 550GS
  • Display(s)
    Asus VG248QE 144hz + Dell U2515H 1440P IPS 60Hz
  • Cooling
    Noctua D15S + color explosion of Noctua fans
  • Keyboard
    CM Storm Quickfire Rapid with Cherry MX Greens on custom extended mousemat <3 (plus Mercy Rez symbol for Esc key!)
  • Mouse
    Logitech G403 on custom extended mousemat
  • Sound
    Mayflower O2/ODAC-> Takstar Pro82 + JBL LSR305 + AKG K712s + Sennheiser CX 2.00i
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Edumacation Edition
  • PCPartPicker URL

Recent Profile Visitors

127,916 profile views
  1. Need bench test chassis / open chassis

    Perhaps a Praxis Wet Bench? Easy to configure, portable, and has space for radiators. https://www.primochill.com/collections/wet-benches/products/praxis-wetbench-black-w-white-pmma-accents
  2. Is 550w enough for r5 2600 and gtx 1060?

    The Seasonic is the best of those, followed by the Corsair.
  3. PSU Tier List Updated

    I need to change that actually. The bronze TS are the Seasonic S12 so I gotta bump that down.
  4. Is EVGA PSU really that loud

    That's bound to happen with any unit that's mass produced.
  5. Is EVGA PSU really that loud

    That'll use about 300W under light OC load. The G2 550W would be fine.
  6. Is EVGA PSU really that loud

    What are your specs? The fan comes on depending on heat, not on load.
  7. Is EVGA PSU really that loud

    My 550GS is totally silent 99% of the time I use it. The other 1% is when I start the PC. Depends on the unit. The G3 are quite loud. The G2 750W in my friend's PC is dead silent in his dual GTX 980 system. Depends on how hot the unit gets and if you use the ECO mode function.
  8. Which PSU for 24/7 server?

    The Capstone of the two.
  9. 550w Corsair psu enough for Gtx 1080

    The CX550M isn't terrible, but surely if you can afford a 1080 you could bump it up to a TXM or some other PSU without a sleeve fan? This TX650M has way more wattage than you need but is on sale and is a better unit. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PVzZxr/corsair-txm-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020132-na
  10. MIRROR'S EDGE IS 5 BUCKS ON STEAM NO WAY

    1. Show previous comments  3 more
    2. ScratchCat

      ScratchCat

      @Max_Settings The original works fine for me. What OS do you use?

    3. Max_Settings

      Max_Settings

      @ScratchCat Windows 10. I've seen tons of forum posts that say the game crashes in the same spot for everyone. I've been trying to fix it for 5 years.

    4. ScratchCat

      ScratchCat

      @Max_SettingsI have run it on 7 and know people who have run it on 10 successfully.

      As a last effort, maybe try a VM?

  11. Is 550w enough for r5 2600 and gtx 1060?

    That's a good PSU and is plenty for you.
  12. Is 550w enough for r5 2600 and gtx 1060?

    500W is enough, but what 500W is it?
  13. Power cord for PSU

    Any AC power cord will work...
  14. i7 7700k vs i7 8700k

    If you were looking at a 7700K then get an 8600K instead. Those cores will make more of a difference in games than those few extra threads. There are games that can take advantage of the higher core count of the 8700K over the 7700K but, as of right now, there aren't too many.
×