EVGA geforce GTX 970 Giveaway! presented by GrimNeo

GrimNeo

umm because my 290x literally caught on fire?

Holy crap. Pictures?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

With the help of my step daughter, I've discovered my inner gamer - the 970 would be a welcome addition to her gaming rig.

Best of luck to everyone else (but, of course, I hope I win it!)

Holy crap. Pictures?

it happened a few weeks ago it had been dead for a few months I got a new PSU and decided I might as well try again by that point i had taken the cooler off so I can gaze at it will cringing at my gtx 650 and on occasion GT520. me being lazy I didnt put the cooler back on saying that if it posted I would put it back on and if it didnt that was that. Turns out there was PCB damage by the VRMS (im thinking cause of deadness) and it heated up (looked like a stove element) and caught on fire luckily nothing else got damaged except my sense of smell (PCB fire does not smell good) I still have the cooler but the card is in a landfill somewhere a bit before that happened I did this

h5TQqOg.jpg

between that and this I got rid of all the paste and thermal pads and made it all nice and shiny (fun fact the actual chip was smooth enough to act as a tiny mirror)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

it happened a few weeks ago it had been dead for a few months I got a new PSU and decided I might as well try again by that point i had taken the cooler off so I can gaze at it will cringing at my gtx 650 and on occasion GT520. me being lazy I didnt put the cooler back on saying that if it posted I would put it back on and if it didnt that was that. Turns out there was PCB damage by the VRMS (im thinking cause of deadness) and it heated up (looked like a stove element) and caught on fire luckily nothing else got damaged except my sense of smell (PCB fire does not smell good) I still have the cooler but the card is in a landfill somewhere a bit before that happened I did this

between that and this I got rid of all the paste and thermal pads and made it all nice and shiny (fun fact the actual chip was smooth enough to act as a tiny mirror)

Well good luck with the art sale :(. Hopefyully RNG is on your side.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Well good luck with the art sale :(. Hopefyully RNG is on your side.

I put it up there as a joke I just got scam replies (like 20 scam texts)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

with that gpu u can get a new sistem to replace athlon x2 4200+ and gt 520 and ddr2 ram but also that is realy generous giveaway and good luck to you all i hope the right guy or girl wins that gpu

with that gpu u can get a new sistem to replace athlon x2 4200+ and gt 520 and ddr2 ram but also that is realy generous giveaway and good luck to you all i hope the right guy or girl wins that gpu

:( I already have my dream pc. Look at my signature pcpartpicker link.

Thanks for the site contribution man!

I would like it due to having my Tahiti 7870 die and i'm too broke to afford a new GPU.

I'm having to play on an old craptop of mine that I use for work, intel HD4000 isn't fun especially on a U branded processor (significantly slower hd4000 due to low power).

24-30fps on CS:GO with all settings on Low :(

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

:( I already have my dream pc. Look at my signature pcpartpicker link.

that makes my pc garbage lol

I am happy that you were able to get through your rough time, I recently had to go through trouble like this when my Grandma had stomach cancer and only had two months to live when we found out. And I am entering. I don't deserve to have this card, for I have not done anything worthy of having one, But if I am chosen, I would keep my 290, and give this to my cousin who currently has a gtx 650.

PS: I currently fold to help fight against cancer, over one million points so far.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I don't deserve it, that's why I deserve it.

I don't deserve it, that's why I deserve it.

My brain just exploded. :D

My brain just exploded. :D

You're welcome.

Good luck guys.Thanks @GrimNeo.

I guess I want the card because my hd7850 is old now and the fan shroud came so I had ti zip tie a fan to it.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

that makes my pc garbage lol

Sorry :(

Does not include a flux capacitor though.

They were all sold out of those at the time travel store.

Wow, @GrimNeo! I thought you had some problems due to the scammer? Did you mess him up, get yours stuff back? xD By the way, you actually won first in my thread. Waiting for ya to PM me and pick what you want. hehehe

It would be nice to win this card so I can finally get off of iGPU...plus my dream build has a 970 haha. I can't really afford to buy one myself, always have bills and animal medicine to buy and a car that always seems to break—which is weird 'cause never seen a Chevy car break so much. And with it I'd finally be able to play some Star Citizen (been a backer since the end of '13) and in time to play Star Marine (plus America's Army which I really love), but yea, it would be friggin' awesome to have a 970 in my rig.

Either way, thanks for hosting this giveaway for the forum! It is very kind of you to do, especially after all that bad luck you just experienced.

Good luck to you all, and may you game hard on your new 970 if/when you win! :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I think it's awesome you're doing this!

As for a good reason, I don't think I have one since I've been against the 970 since its big issue; I'd probably give it to a friend who's planning on building a computer if I got one, though. :P

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I remember reading your post and just thinking that I wouldn't even have had the courage to share this with this many people. Cancer is one of the worst things on this planet I can tell you, I just recently lost my grandma to it. Was glad to hear that your tests came back negative. 

Then on the giveaway, I'd like to win because my gtx 770 died like 4 days ago and I won't have the money to replace it for at least 2 months.

That's it, good luck to everyone else!

Thanks for the giveaway.

I don't really need another 970 myself, so I'd give it to a friend who wants to build a pc but doesn't have the money.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Thank you for the giveaway and best of luck to everyone.

Well to be fair everyone deserves it for their own reason. My reason is atm is I'm using the igpu from the i3 and i can do only light gaming. Don't have money atm to buy a new gpu. Thought that with a little struggle and money gathering i can buy one sooner or later tho something like an r7 260. A gtx 960 or 970 is out of my reach.

Cheers.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

I assume this means that you managed to resolve the issue with that guy scamming $280 in cards; which is good news :)

I don't deserve a free GTX970 though; so don't count this as an entry. :)

Good luck to all those who are entering!

thanks for the giveaway! i love how positive you are with everything. especially with that scare!

count me in!

much love <3