EVGA geforce GTX 970 Giveaway! presented by GrimNeo

GrimNeo

How are the winners being chosen?

Eeeenie meeeenie miiiiney moooooooe

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Through RNGesus ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I <3 u

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I would love to win this. I'm currently using my BFG Gtx 260, and I couldn't afford a 970 for a few more years. I don't expect to win, but if I do, I'll handwrite a picture of EVGA shooting away consoles and mail it to you.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

:o I missed this one! Am I too late? I was at work til almost 11 tonight.

I need another GTX 970 'cause my wife steals mine when I'm at work and won't give it back. She keeps trying to force her old 7870 on me. Help!

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

I remember reading your post, my dad had a cancer ( Survived ). Even through your problem, you're giving back to the community. Your are truthfully remarkable but to be honest I don't think any of us deserve the card. I mean yeah, I/whoever would use it for folding at home or gaming but I think you should probably give it to cancer research, anyway Thank You. 

Are you gonna announce the winners?

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Is the give away still going. Thought they were going to announce the winner

I'm sorry you missed it :(. It would not be fair to the others if I let you enter. I did give 2 weeks.

Who won? :P

I will announce it later tonight. Really busy with work. Basically I get off work. go home. Go to bed. Try to get some sleep. Then go to work. I should be home by 11pm. I will then look over the entries and let you all know who won.

give the guy a bit haha   :)

Thank you.

Lol i totally forgot about this giveaway.......

Have fun going through all the entries :P.

*(Not entering) 

Thank you

RHG Gods will choose.

ouch 14 pages of entries

:(

Eeeenie meeeenie miiiiney moooooooe

basically

Through RNGesus ... 

yes

I <3 u

:wub:

I would love to win this. I'm currently using my BFG Gtx 260, and I couldn't afford a 970 for a few more years. I don't expect to win, but if I do, I'll handwrite a picture of EVGA shooting away consoles and mail it to you.

I'm sorry you missed it :(. It would not be fair to the others if I let you enter. I did give 2 weeks.

:o I missed this one! Am I too late? I was at work til almost 11 tonight.

I need another GTX 970 'cause my wife steals mine when I'm at work and won't give it back. She keeps trying to force her old 7870 on me. Help!

I remember reading your post, my dad had a cancer ( Survived ). Even through your problem, you're giving back to the community. Your are truthfully remarkable but to be honest I don't think any of us deserve the card. I mean yeah, I/whoever would use it for folding at home or gaming but I think you should probably give it to cancer research, anyway Thank You. 

Thank you. :)

I'm still at work. Sorry all. Super busy lately. Feel like I'm going to have a mental breakdown.  So much stress at work.

@FatPenguin Can you please wait? I am at work. I get off at 11pm est tonight. I don't have time to go over all the entries and do my rng process at work.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I will announce it later tonight. Really busy with work. Basically I get off work. go home. Go to bed. Try to get some sleep. Then go to work. I should be home by 11pm. I will then look over the entries and let you all know who won.

Quick question, what time zone are you in?

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Quick question, what time zone are you in?

Eastern Standard Time zone. I basically got off work last night. Went to bed and got 7 hours of sleep and went back to work. I get off at 11pm est tonight. :(

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Hi, I would like the card because I was going to buy one anyways and this saves me $350 xD. Thanks, @GrimNeo, Glad you're healthy

Edit: God, I'm dumb. xD Too late.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Eastern Standard Time zone. I basically got off work last night. Went to bed and got 7 hours of sleep and went back to work. I get off at 11pm est tonight. :(

same as me. :D

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Hi, I would like the card because I was going to buy one anyways and this saves me $350 xD. Thanks, @GrimNeo, Glad you're healthy

Edit: God, I'm dumb. xD Too late.

Sorry :(

same as me. :D

Nice. I'm in Ohio :)

Glad to hear you're gonna be okay.

I honestly would probably give the GPU to a friend of mine who can't game with me anymore because his 770 had quite the breakdown (one of the ACX fans actually shot off the damn thing) and he won't be able to upgrade for a while due to his pilot courses.

Good luck to all the other entries!

Whoops, didn't realise this was so old, lol.

Good luck to the entries regardless!

CPU: Intel 5930k cooled by H110i GT Mobo: MSI X99S XPower AC RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum 2800mhz GPU: 2x MSi Lightning 290x SSD: 512GB 850 Pro HDD: 4&2TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX1500i Case: Corsair 900D Monitor: 3xVG248QE  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark  Mouse: Logitech G700s  Headset: Astro A50

I like chocolate milk.

@FatPenguin Can you please wait? I am at work. I get off at 11pm est tonight. I don't have time to go over all the entries and do my rng process at work.

Okay take your time :D

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Okay take your time :D

Thank you. I basically get yelled at by people all day and cursed out. Fun job. I was not trying to sound rude to you. Just losing my mind here.

Was on a boat trip all day, thought I missed this :D

Anyway, I see it still has to be announced :P

Sorry :(

Nice. I'm in Ohio :)

Buckeye master race. If only the rain would stop long enough for me to mow my lawn.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Buckeye master race. If only the rain would stop long enough for me to mow my lawn.

Funny that you mention the Buckeye Master Race lol. I'm going to The Ohio State University this fall.

Funny that you mention the Buckeye Master Race lol. I'm going to The Ohio State University this fall.

As a student? I am going to Columbus State. I could never stomach going on OSU campus due to the traffic alone. That, and people tend to get drunk and roam the streets at all hours of the night there. I guess i also had bad times around campus because i had to clean the Varsity Club in my youth as one of my early jobs, and any time those students partied, it caused a huge mess. 

TL:DR? Students and alcohol don't mix. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

As a student? I am going to Columbus State. I could never stomach going on OSU campus due to the traffic alone. That, and people tend to get drunk and roam the streets at all hours of the night there. I guess i also had bad times around campus because i had to clean the Varsity Club in my youth as one of my early jobs, and any time those students partied, it caused a huge mess. 

TL:DR? Students and alcohol don't mix. 

lol. Yes as a student. Columbus State does not offer Bachelor's degree for my major.

Don't sweat this contest dude @GrimNeo

To everybody else , please chill and it will happen when it happens .

Oh and , how are the Buckyes looking for the coming football season dude ?

MSI Z97A Gaming7 , 4690k , 2 X MSI 960 4g , 500gb ssd , 7tb of WD hdd storage , EVGA 100G2 , Corsair h100i , 2 X 32" 1440p as I RMAd the 4k ones , CM quickfire .

NOW I'VE LOST IT I KNOW I CAN KILL . TRUTH IS HIDDEN BEYOND THE GATES  IT'S ALL DARKER THAN BLACK .