EVGA geforce GTX 970 Giveaway! presented by GrimNeo

GrimNeo

I think I could win because I make people smile with my funny replies

they might not be helpful

but at least they brighten up their day

:) Best of luck.

To all

I edited the rules because of something that came up. I don't want anything in return. This is my gift to the community. I choose to do this giveaway.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I would really like this card to sli my 970s, but I wasn't around on the forums yet when you had that scare, so I feel that someone else deserve it more.

- snip-

I would really like this card to sli my 970s, but I wasn't around on the forums yet when you had that scare, so I feel that someone else deserve it more.

Best of luck. The new EVGA pro SLI bridges look amazing. If you win you should check out those or Asus sli bridge.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I would either add it to my other system that is currently running on iGPU or put it in SLI with my other 970.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Your welcome buddy. Damn a GT 520. Best of luck.

What is the cost?

Your welcome

the cost of an ITX 970?

here in the netherlands it is: 340 euros (this is with tax included) http://www.afuture.nl/productview.php?productID=3342746

in the US it is: 330$ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125706

omg am I too late?

(this is an entry as well).

I want a 970 cuz I need a pc powerful eough for some light video editing... and I have a 260x. Plz help. Thanks if you do. Thanks still for supporting whoever won the prize if i isn't me. Have a nice day.

Cool, excellent reason for a giveaway. I think I deserve this because I always try to be positive and my rig would be much better with a second 970 :P

CPUAMD FX 8320 @4.4 GHz 1.212 vcore Motherboard - Asus M5A99X R2.0 RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB 1866 GPU - Asus Gtx 970 Case - Corsair Vengeance C70 Military Green Storage - 120 GB Samsung 840 Series, 1TB WD Black,  240 GB Corsair Force LX PSU - EVGA 750W G2 Cooling - Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard Corsair K70  Mouse - Logitech G502

the cost of an ITX 970?

here in the netherlands it is: 340 euros (this is with tax included) http://www.afuture.nl/productview.php?productID=3342746

in the US it is: 330$ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125706

Sorry. Gigabyte did not win. This is a EVGA giveaway voted by the community.

omg am I too late?

I want a 970 cuz I need a pc powerful eough for some light video editing... and I have a 260x. Plz help. Thanks if you do. Thanks still for supporting whoever won the prize if i isn't me. Have a nice day.

You are not late. Best of luck.

Cool, excellent reason for a giveaway. I think I deserve this because I always try to be positive and my rig would be much better with a second 970 :P

Best of luck.

Happy to see you're doing better GrimNeo! It's also nice to know I was helpful to you in that respect.

Why do I deserve this? I don't know that I really do, but I tried hard to help make the LTT community better. I've had a lot of fun here, including when @Lanoi's Project Affinity MK I was built.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Hope things are going better for you and everyone.

Deserve this?  I don't deserve more video cards. So I think if I somehow found myself holding this GTX970, I would use it as the main workhorse of a new 24/7 Folding@Home rig. That way I'll be using it to take the fight to cancer.  Hear that cancer? I'm coming for you. With science.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

This is an insanely generous giveaway. Good luck everyone. To the OP, @GrimNeo I'm glad you don't have cancer :)

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Nice giveaway! Would love the 970 instead of my 750 Ti <3

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Having lost all my granparents to cancer and my 3 great aunties and two uncles i can only say that your a pretty strong guy to post about it and then to proceed with helping others!Props to you man.Its not easy to talk about something you are struggling with.Good luck in the future with your health aswell

I myself suffer from a debilitating back disease.Also got two kids so kinda sucks not being able to be mobile and active.

And as a result am usually confined to my desk chair.I never use to be into computers at all infact i was an up and coming rugby player.Was a sponsored skateboarder and surfer aswell.

Computers really helped me escape some of the harshness of this disease.And love tinkering with pcs.

This would go into my current pc and would be awesome!!

I've been inactive for a while, glad to see you fared well in your battle vs cancer, and you are way too kind to do this sort of thing. Just dropping by to say that, that's all.

I am not entering, as I am fine with the hardware I have now.

[witty signature]

Hopefully GrimNeo you continue to stay in good health.  Best wishes to you in everything you do in the future.  I haven't had to fight cancer but I have had to fight my own battles which have hindered my life making me less productive than I wanted to be thus far and it has caused some people around me a world of pain.  Here is hoping I can also find good health at some point and anyone else here on LTT that is also still ill let us hope they find a cure for whatever ails them or at least find a way to survive and enjoy life despite health issues.  As for the giveaway it is really nice what you are doing and I hope to win but still best of luck to everyone else too.

I would like one because I have a R9 290 reference design with coil wine while being water cooled. I'm so cool.

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

Thanks for including my name :) So glad to see the cancer was a false alarm! Hopefully your health continues to be good! I'd love to win this as it would take a HUGE chunk off of my build and would save me a lot of money on a GPU, I don't have one as of now and my parents would be VERY happy to see I don't have to throw $420 (actual amount) at a hunk of plastic they know nothing about! Anyway, I think that you giving us a chance to win a high end GPU is so awesome and is really generous of you!

Again so glad to see you don't have cancer and just as glad to see a giveaway be made of it! Good luck to all who participate in this amazing giveaway!

Love you all!

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

omg am I too late?

enough* because* please*

And no, you aren't too late. It goes until the 30th, GOOD LUCK!

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

This is a really generous giveaway. Best of luck to all who enter.

I think it would be really great if I could win a GTX 970. It would be a huge step up from my old HD 7750.

And as for the cancer scare, I'm glad you're healthy, alive and well. Nobody deserves cancer.

I would like to thank you for your contest and good luck everyone.

I will put this card in my HTPC in the living room and finally be able to do some serious gaming on the couch.  Right now there is no card in there. 

Stay healthy.

I don't need the card, but I probably wouldn't say no if offered one. Cheers and good luck to the rest of you!

Wow. Just wow. You are a VERY generous man. Thanks for doing this.

Why I deserve it...I don't I guess since there are people on this forum that have worse gpus than my 280 but I wouldn't mind getting the 970 of course. A valid reason why I need it is because I won't upgrade in the next 4 or so years and I want to be able to play games at reasonable settings

Also good luck to everyone

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I would like it since with my power supply in some games my computer just shuts off with my 780, but my 7970 was fine so I think this could make the difference to me where I could use it.