EVGA geforce GTX 970 Giveaway! presented by GrimNeo

GrimNeo

I made a thread about cancer (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/335284-cancer-test-results-from-may-19th/) a while back with a scare I had. This community helped me a lot to get through it. As a result I would like to say thank you.

Community voted for EVGA. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382964-update-june-15th-evga-won-nvidiaamd-970290x-or-390x-giveaway-poll/

Giveaway

Prize is a graphics card

EVGA geforce GTX 970 ssc reference or EVGA geforce GTX 970 ACX 2.0 ssc. Winner will choose.

I would like to thank these people in the community who helped me through my tough times. If I missed your name I'm sorry.

@Prastupok @Enflics @TheMidnightNarwhal @zappian @nhatduy1611 @

@Redsun20 @GuruMeditationError @coolkingler1 @Kermit @matt12046

@Flight1sim @Tim Drake @Syntaxvgm @AlwaysFSX

@LukaP @Slash003 @GoldSrc @Swndlr @Trik'Stari

@terrytek @Vivilacqua1 @blackadder @Pohernori

@Ethn @Misanthrope @asim1999 @jameshumphries47

@tmcclelland455 @ManWithBeard1990 @spwath @Pesmerga

@SamStrecker @Hero7750 @Linux User @melias24

@Ceatra @Atmos @Speedyv @Nup

@LePawel @Nakano2k1 @Shakaza

@Whorax @Kamina @brokencross @Rohith_Kumar_Sp

@c3p0_ @Admire @CatCloud @colonel_mortis @CoolaxGaming

@dadasmithywinkle @deigo73 @Glenwing @

@eelnico09 @EpicGeekonFire @JustCallMeVlad @LinusTech

@Slick @lukky211111 @Minibois @MyInnerFred @ @Pugs501

@QuadNine @RevoltTrain @Real_PhillBert @QueenDemetria @techswede

@thekeemo @Victorious Secret @TheSLSAMG @wolfgang @Charger

@Colonel_Gerdauf @FatPenguin

@ShadowCaptain @REX.exe @WinNut

@Thane Knox @Vitalius @Volbet @WoodenMarker @cesrai

Thanks to the anime club as well as I used their format.

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Ruostunut kokis @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @ NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @ilove64 @cesrai @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo @thorbrantly101 @ultralars @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @Tonylu1595 @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName @Createinator @RedSphyxis @ZeroGenesis @Miqle @Nater @Jack_of_all_Trades @shadowblitz3 @Oasis @dragoon20005 @RazerZ

This giveaway is for everyone on this forum but must follow the rules to enter.

Rules

1. Make a post in this thread for entry(Naturally only one entry per member)

2. You must have 50 posts as of June 16th, 2015 (I will include your off-topic posts toward the 50)

3. Winners will be PM'ed by me!(So be ready to provide shipping information)

4. Please include a reason as to why you deserve to have this. (Edit: Don't take to heart. You can say whatever you want for a reason. Just remember there is no wrong answer)

5. No VRAM talk please.

6. Be kind to each other and best of luck.

7. This is not a paid entry. I ask for nothing in return.

Time window for entering this giveaway will be from June 16th, 2015 to June 30th, 2015 11:00PM EST(US & Canada), winners will be selected via RNG.

Shipping is worldwide!

Status Update July 1st 2pm est

I will announce the winner after I get off work. RNG will decide the winner. Best of luck to all who entered. May the RNG be with you.

Its quite generous to decide to give this away to the community :)

I'd like this card because it will definitely help me with my video production work and folding at home.

to late

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Alright just got home. super tired. Give me some time to go through all the entries. Each person will be assigned a number through RnG. 1-1000. Then I will run the RnG till a number is picked. Best of Luck. I will send the winner a message. Ask them if they want a reference or ACX 2.0 version of the 970. Then I will post the winner on here. Thanks all. Sorry I have been super busy.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Alright just got home. super tired. Give me some time to go through all the entries. Each person will be assigned a number through RnG. 1-1000. Then I will run the RnG till a number is picked. Best of Luck. I will send the winner a message. Ask them if they want a reference or ACX 2.0 version of the 970. Then I will post the winner on here. Thanks all. Sorry I have been super busy.

OHHHHH SOOO EXCITED

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Main Rig: i7-4790K | Corsair H100i | Asus Z97 | 16GB Ripjaws | 4TB WD Black/512GB SSD | x2 R9 290x | NZXT H440 | HX1000i | 6 Noctuas   [spoiler=SILENT BUILD] Silent build: i5-4460, Be Quiet! Pure Rock, Asrock H97, 8GB HyperX, Samsung 850 Evo 500gb, MSI GTX 970, Be Quiet! Silent Base 800, EVGA Supernova GS 650w 

AMD CPU's. [spoiler=] thats right m8 get 420 no scoped 

you know you can take as long as you like if your busy dont do it until you hve time it is your card after all

lives on

BAKABT

Oh snap! Good luck everyone! May the Force be with you all! :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

How many entries are there ? 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Well seeing how there is 310 replies to this topic and not all of them are valid entries or they're replies.. I would I possibly estimate around 275+? 

I could be off, who knows...

Well seeing how there is 310 replies to this topic and not all of them are valid entries or they're replies.. I would I possibly estimate around 275+? 

Probably around 200- 250 ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

We all actually have a pretty good chance...

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

:o I missed this one! Am I too late? I was at work til almost 11 tonight.

I need another GTX 970 'cause my wife steals mine when I'm at work and won't give it back. She keeps trying to force her old 7870 on me. Help!

I'm sorry. I allowed 2 weeks for this contest. :(

A lot

Disqualified under 50 posts overall

@marianoproduce

@MetaknightXYZ's

@Ultimatezmaili

@Ady.533

@bilal2k7

@Backlog4life Banned

@StolenLemur

Late Entry (not eligible)

@Vegetable

@LamboLaddy

@Mixchew

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I'm sorry. I allowed 2 weeks for this contest. :(

A lot

Disqualified under 50 posts overall

@marianoproduce

@MetaknightXYZ's

@Ultimatezmaili

@Ady.533

@bilal2k7

@Backlog4life Banned

@StolenLemur

Late Entry (not eligible)

@Vegetable

@LamboLaddy

@Mixchew

I see you're still going through them? Hope you don't have work tomorrow! Almost 2AM. :P

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I see you're still going through them? Hope you don't have work tomorrow! Almost 2AM. :P

lol nope just an oil change

-snippity snip-

lol. im so bored right now. im just waiting for the winners :P my heart is pounding right now man

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Main Rig: i7-4790K | Corsair H100i | Asus Z97 | 16GB Ripjaws | 4TB WD Black/512GB SSD | x2 R9 290x | NZXT H440 | HX1000i | 6 Noctuas   [spoiler=SILENT BUILD] Silent build: i5-4460, Be Quiet! Pure Rock, Asrock H97, 8GB HyperX, Samsung 850 Evo 500gb, MSI GTX 970, Be Quiet! Silent Base 800, EVGA Supernova GS 650w 

AMD CPU's. [spoiler=] thats right m8 get 420 no scoped 

lol nope just an oil change

Well that is good. :D

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Time to start a lottery of what the winning number might be. I am rooting for #69 for no very specific reason.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Time to start a lottery of what the winning number might be. I am rooting for #69 for no very specific reason.

lol that actually came up but it was not the winner.

164 Entries were entered into the RnG.

Only 1 will win

Whiplash spoiler

After 4 fails with picking nobody's number. The RnG have favored someone.

Congratulations

@ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName

04G-P4-2974-KR_XL_1.jpg

Congratz on the win @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Best of luck on the next giveaway I do.

AMD r9 390X

Delayed till I pay my $9500 I owe for college lol.

Happy Giveaway......

Intel i3-4150 3.50Ghz | MSI B85M-G43 | HyperX Fury 8GB 1866Mhz x1 | Intel HD 4400 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB , Samsung 160GB | Odyssey 450W | AOC E950Sw 18.5In | Windows 10 Pro | Zebronics Armour 2

Which GPU Did he select? @GrimNeo

Intel i3-4150 3.50Ghz | MSI B85M-G43 | HyperX Fury 8GB 1866Mhz x1 | Intel HD 4400 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB , Samsung 160GB | Odyssey 450W | AOC E950Sw 18.5In | Windows 10 Pro | Zebronics Armour 2

@ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName : Congrats on your 970 SLI !

Which GPU Did he select? @GrimNeo

ACX 2.0 version of the 970 sc

@ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName : Congrats on your 970 SLI !

I think he is giving it to his brother.