Heaven Society - Week 70 Anime Poll

vfAXr6z.png

It's time to pick week 70's series! As usual the poll will be up for 48-ish hours. 

Space Brothers
Current

This series was recommended by @TheProfosist saying "An amazing proper length drama anime."

Synopsis
Mutta's life has hit rock bottom. He's been fired, blackballed from his profession and now he's had to move back in with his parents. Meanwhile, his kid brother Hibito has been literally riding a rocket and training to be an astronaut. The same career Mutta once dreamed of. So, is it ever too late to go after your dreams? Through a little coercing and a bit of covert activity, Mutta's family and friends can get his resume on the right desk, but from that point on it will be up to Mutta himself. Does he have what it takes to turn his life around and put his footprint on the moon? The first step on the highway to the stars is always the hardest, and in a job where crash and burn isn't just a euphemism, it will be the biggest risk Mutta's ever taken. But with the best support team ever, maybe he'll find what he needs to rekindle the spark inside him and light the biggest candle of them all! 

Read more at MAL

53oaacF.jpg

Blood Lad
Recent

This series was recommended by @Vitalius & @Legion saying "Very similar to Beelzebub honestly in terms of themes and genre. I enjoyed it more because I found it funny and a few other things. Again, has a terrible ending that spoils the crap out of the later manga chapters, so if watched, and you think you want to continue the real story in manga form, do not finish this series. Just read the manga once you are certain you are interested in this." & "I just recently finished watching this anime, it had some hilarious scenes that made me laugh. It walks a fine line between fan service and hentai almost parodying it but its too frequent to ignore. Some of the characters are well clever and it was paced well enough to keep me interested. It is a short anime full of references to some of your favourite shows and was a nice relief from the sometimes serious nature of vampire shows like vampire princess miyu (another personal favourite of mine)."

Synopsis
Staz is the vampire boss of a section of the demon world, but he has little interest in human blood. He's more infatuated with Japanese culture. When he learns that Yanagi Fuyumi, a Japanese teenage girl, accidentally wanders into the demon city, he jumps to the occasion. However, while Staz deals with an intruder on his turf, the oblivious Fuyumi is killed by a monster of the same type and becomes a wandering ghost. The disappointed Staz vows to Fuyumi that he will find a way to bring her back to life.

Read more at MAL

LTTAnimeClub-BloodLad.png

Shangri-La
Post-2007

This series was recommended by @Mujteba & @Vitalius saying " This series is about an unreasonably overpowered young girl and her boomerang which can tear apart a legion of tanks and still come back. Shangri La skilfully delves into the world of relevant real-life issues such as climate change and the political as well as economical stance around it while somehow still managing to maintain an engaging and interesting narrative. I nominated this series because it is one where you really fall in love with some of the characters especially the protagonist, Kuniko Houjou. Hope this makes it to the polls!" & "It's animated Hunger Games, minus the Hunger Games part. I honestly watched it because of it's Funimation trailer which had music I enjoyed. I recommend it as well."

Synopsis
In the distant future, earthquakes and the effects of global warming have splintered Japanese society. Some struggle hand-to-mouth in the jungle-tangled ruins of civilization. Some live comfortably within the closed-off city of Atlas. Others lurk online, anonymously hacking the global economy. As nature grows more violent and the divide between classes expands, one spirited girl—Kuniko—must face her destiny and lead her people into the utopia of Atlas. The city's ruthless government isn't going to welcome them with open arms, but Kuniko won't give up until the gates of Atlas are kicked open for good—even if it means discovering that the promised land she dreamed of is built upon a foundation of twisted secrets and lies.

Read more at MAL

0ITWvUO.jpg

R.O.D The TV
Pre-2007

This series was recommended by @Vitalius saying "The TV Series is Sci-Fi/Action/Slice of Life (I love this combination of genres)."

Synopsis

Five years have passed since the occurrence of the incident known as the "Human Annihilation Mission." In Japan, a novelist is dealing with writer's block after her friend has gone missing. In Hong Kong, three sisters, masters in the use of paper, run their own detective agency to solve cases that involve books. When these people are brought together, a bond greater than blood is formed - a bond that will be sorely tested by the evil powers intent on taking over the world.

Join Anita, Maggie, Michelle, and Nenene as they travel the globe in order to save the world from the evil mastermind, Mr. Carpenter! Of course, that's if they can find the time to put down the books they're reading...

Read more at MAL

3188bf7f663f2aea647fe030c62482ae13676268

Erin
Random

This series was recommended by @_INTER_ "This anime follows the life of Erin that wants to become a "beastarian", beasts to be used in war. While its a story made for children (playing in the same fantasy land as Seirei no Moribito), Kemono no Souja Erin addresses adult topics at a mature level. The target audiences’ age is somewhat irrelevant, because the characters bloom, especially Erin. She’s a child character the viewer can admire and adore. Following her journey through childhood and into her teenage years, she comes to life as one of the most well developed characters I’ve come across. Coupled with nicely fitting music and a special artstyle this anime is a real "hidden gem"."

Synopsis

Erin is a young girl who lives with her mother in a village which raises war-lizards, called Touda. We see her daily life, which changes as she grows up. Meanwhile, there is growing tension between the two provinces of the country she lives in.

Based on the fantasy series written by Uehashi Nahoko, also known for Seirei no Moribito.

Read more at MAL

1ZArTVj.png

Member Tags

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @ Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Ruostunut kokis @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @ DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @ NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @ilove64 @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo @thorbrantly101 @ultralars @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @Tonylu1595 @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName @Createinator @RedSphyxis @ZeroGenesis @Miqle @Nater @Jack_of_all_Trades @shadowblitz3 @Oasis @dragoon20005 @JarekBloodDragon @beach_boy98 @Gigamegabyte @dr_deconstruct @Skybane @MeMe @Oasis @MoonSpot @RazerZ @TheGingerKid @_INTER_ @MeDownYou @Enferk @Oskar94a @FrenziedComet @8uhbbhu8 @Biferony @cesrai @TakaIcscp @Technicolors @flip1012 @MechEdge @Vlazzy @Nuluvius @valdyrgramr @Avericious @LazyLizard @o0Martin @themaniac @Remilia @BrandonTheCat @ElfenSky @AbsolDestiny @Swindless @AyBuild @nomnom123qwe @SsidError @mosin40 @Chronos5618 @Arc_Jester @NuroKnight @Zayzo @I need a better name @Pandalf @Mike_The_B0ss @NeatSquidYT @BLJohnFreeman @DiscoLights2001 @JessicaH @zymax_be @Crowes

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.
This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Space Brothers has my vote this time. Great series for this weeks poll!

We are running low on suggestions so please send more to the suggestions thread!

http://i.imgur.com/zxp4N3Q.gifv

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

come on guys

ROD The TV is great (although the beginners is a little show)

You should watch the ROD OVAs/movie first though. It came first and is more action packed. So if you looked at the whole series in terms of "pace", the movie is fast paced, the beginning of the anime is slower, then it picks up again at the end.

I think this is best graph for story development.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

not watched any of these, well briefly saw blood lad and it was too weird for me.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

come on guys

ROD The TV is great (although the beginners is a little show)

You should watch the ROD OVAs/movie first though. It came first and is more action packed. So if you looked at the whole series in terms of "pace", the movie is fast paced, the beginning of the anime is slower, then it picks up again at the end.

I think this is best graph for story development.

It's great and all, but cmon Vitalius. Look at that pug !

tumblr_mz2p8qlpco1tojcilo4_500.gif

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Do note Space Brothers is a 99 episode series and is a proper anime with a actual plot. 

And with that... I'm off to bed. Should sleep sooner with this fever lol.

Do note Space Brothers is a 99 episode series and is a proper anime with a actual plot. 

And with that... I'm off to bed. Should sleep sooner with this fever lol.

Wait, what?!

I thought that it's movie only. I take my pug back. 

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

vote for space brothers

kinda got boring 1/2 way kind of a downer too his brother never went to space <_< could be worst *cough* moonlight mile  *cough*  oh how i detest the ending  

lives on

BAKABT

It's a hard choice to pick Space brothers or R.O.D.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

HARD CHOICES! TOO MANY HARD CHOICES!

Space Brothers is the most dragged out snore-fest there is. The others look like they are probably trash, but hey, I've been known to like trash from time to time. I guess I'll investigate.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

Aw man, I'm the only one who voted for Erin?
I've seen it twice, it's a great anime. It has almost everything you could want, great story, great music, good visual (to me), all of the drama... ... .... ... And a terribly annoying voice for the main lead, but that doesn't mean it's bad, you get used to it after 50 episodes! ... Wait, there's only 50 episodes? Well watch it twice so you get to enjoy it more! :rolleyes:

Also, the synopsis really doesn't do it justice, that literally only covers the first few episodes, after that it's completely different. Can't really say much without spoiling... I'll just say she doesn't stay in the village for long... :(

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Space brothers, R.O.D. and Erin sounds good, hard choice.

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

The only ones I don't recall completing are Blood Lad and Space Bros, but while I do want to finish Space Bros I think Erin is the underdog series here, and well worth the length, so I'm voting for it.

These are the general sentiments of the series I've seen online (and from my friends and myself):

- Shangri-la was pretty promising, but ultimately disappointing.

- Blood Lad is your typical dumb shounen series; not exactly bad for what it is, but it doesn't really stand out in any way.

- Erin's for a younger crowd, but not too childish for adults. If you give it a shot it has a nice story about a character who grows through it.

- ROD is basically weird "but in a good way" for the most part. Some spots are dumb-weird though, and it hasn't aged quite as well as the OVA, though it's still a fine watch.

- Space Bros is just plain LONG, but surprisingly charming. There are great moments of payoff, but don't expect a full-out ending despite the length.

Ofc I'm gonna vote for Erin :P

Space Brothers was also interesting (a sequel is planned right?), if you dig space and all that.

The brother buddy stuff was getting annoying though.

Soo Planetes is still the anime of the "near future space genre" for me.

// programmers paradox

try { return true; } finally { return false; }

tumblr_m55pfm54011r13ra2.gif

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

r.o.d. looks weird

I'll give it a vote.

Old shit no one cares about but me.