Heaven Society - Week 67 (Welcome to the N.H.K.)

vfAXr6z.png

This Week's Anime!

Welcome to the N.H.K.

JBsRQfj.jpg

Synopsis

Satou Tatsuhiro, a 22 year old young man, is a NEET (Not in Employment, Education, or Training) and a hikikomori (meaning acute social withdrawal). He believes everything around him is a conspiracy, including the reason why many people, himself included, become hikikomori. Due to this, Satou creates a strange conspiracy theory which includes the Nihon Hikikomori Kyōkai (NHK), a secret organization with the intention of producing a hikikomori filled world. Satou intends to break free from the NHK's clutches, but cannot, since he finds it too frightening to go outdoors by himself; that is, until he meets Misaki Nakahara, who selects Satou for her "project" that she claims will cure him of his hikikomori ways.

Read more at MAL

Links to Watch

Funimation

Hulu

Member Tags

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @ Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Ruostunut kokis @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @ DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @ NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @ilove64 @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo @thorbrantly101 @ultralars @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @Tonylu1595 @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName @Createinator @RedSphyxis @ZeroGenesis @Miqle @Nater @Jack_of_all_Trades @shadowblitz3 @Oasis @dragoon20005 @JarekBloodDragon @beach_boy98 @Gigamegabyte @dr_deconstruct @Skybane @MeMe @Oasis @MoonSpot @RazerZ @TheGingerKid @_INTER_ @MeDownYou @Enferk @Oskar94a @FrenziedComet @8uhbbhu8 @Biferony @cesrai @TakaIcscp @Technicolors @flip1012 @MechEdge @Vlazzy @Nuluvius @valdyrgramr @Avericious @LazyLizard @o0Martin @themaniac @Remilia @BrandonTheCat @ElfenSky @AbsolDestiny @Swindless @AyBuild @nomnom123qwe @SsidError @mosin40 @JerkyMcDilerino @Chronos5618 @Arc_Jester @NuroKnight @Zayzo @I need a better name @Pandalf @Mike_The_B0ss @NeatSquidYT @BLJohnFreeman @DiscoLights2001 @JessicaH @zymax_be @Crowes

Use LinusTechTips Sponsor Crunchyroll to support LTT!

Visit http://crunchyroll.com/linus for a free 30 day trial

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Your member tags need to be fixed.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Your member tags need to be fixed.

The member tags are always like that, the forums doesn't tag all the members in one go. I have to hit edit and save changes at least 30 times for all to register... if I use the code to tag people it doesn't show up for them as a notification. I don't think anyone has come up with a fix yet. 

It only tags 3 members at a time when I hit edit and save changes. Give me 15 minutes to fix em lol....

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

You have to edit and save changes loads. It only tags 3 people at a time. The tags are fine, the tagging system needs fixing. 

Guess I never tagged enough people to experience the inherent limitation in the tagging system.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Alright, guess I'll try watching an episode or two of this. Looks somewhat interesting.

Edit :

Currently a few minutes in the first episode...

My thought so far, the opening is not to my taste.

This guy's dream are seriously messed up...

How does a hikkikomori manage to survive if he seems to be completely against going outside at all, where does he get his food... his smokes.. everything?

And now I've reached the part where he has a delusion about going next door.

nHbb9Kc.jpg

Edit 2 :

Why was he hearing those "voices".. I mean, he didn't seems to be wearing anime branded clothes or anything, so why would he be made fun of by anybody...

Edit 3:

Alright, done with the first episode. All I can say is what in the world is that ... thing... we see in the episode but mostly in during Ending credits.

Other than that. I'm not sure if I will keep watching this. It's not bad, but at the same time, it doesn't pull me in either. The story just doesn't feel compelling to me.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Guess I never tagged enough people to experience the inherent limitation in the tagging system.

It's definitely not a problem most people run into. 

As the group grows bigger, it takes longer to get everyone tagged. I think it took me a couple of minutes of edit + saving last time I had to tag everyone. 

Ahh record time, finished tagging in 10 minutes from thread creation.

watched NHK a while back. I liked the dark humor that it had. Maybe ill rewatch it again.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

watched NHK a while back. I liked the dark humor that it had. Maybe ill rewatch it again.

Yeah, i really liked it. I forgot to reply to the voting thread but there was several good shows this week.

I don't think will re watch it, but i honestly should :P It has been a while since i watched it, memory is abit

fuzzy.

The guy on the far left looks like he's seen some stuff.

He is seeing signs of NHK activity. Or you know.. maybe people.. oh the horror.

Just in the nick of time! I only got three episodes into Suisei no Gargantian, so I'll watch an episode of this and see if I want to carry on or not.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

If this is the one i think it is i won't watch it again..

The ending.. fuckin hell..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The series that won this week is the story of @TheProfosist's life.

lmfao..

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I don't know what a weeaboos or otaku is, but I'm guessing this is it? Looks interesting. I might have to get me some anime.

Otaku is basically someone who likes anime, manga and similar things. 

Weeaboos are basically people who think they're Japanese because they watch anime. The sort of people that will say "Kawaii" when they like something (even though it means cute/adorable, not just generally liking it), "Sugoi" instead of "amazing" or "awesome" kind of words and "Konnichiwa" to greet people, regardless of the time of day. In general, very annoying to talk to in person when they mix random Japanese words into English. 

Weeaboos are basically people who think they're Japanese because they watch anime. The sort of people that will say "Kawaii" when they like something (even though it means cute/adorable, not just generally liking it), "Sugoi" instead of "amazing" or "awesome" kind of words and "Konnichiwa" to greet people, regardless of the time of day. In general, very annoying to talk to in person when they mix random Japanese words into English.

Do such people really exist? Because honestly, I mostly only see that slang thrown around by some people, targeting any and all anime fans and not just that lower lifeform you speak of.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I don't know what a weeaboos or otaku is, but I'm guessing this is it? Looks interesting. I might have to get me some anime.

Look up filthy Frank's weeaboo video lol.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Do such people really exist?

Yep, I've met a fair few of them. 

I had someone see that I was reading manga when I was at college last week, and after telling them my name, they called me 'My name'-San, which was a massive red flag. 

I don't mind people that are trying to learn Japanese saying the name of items or something, in order to help them remember it. It's the people that just know the common words used in anime and mix them into English sentences. I often find myself trying to translate things in my head, as I listen to various Japanese audio lessons when I go to sleep and if I go for a walk, but I don't mix Japanese words into English sentences. 

It seems to be a weird thing specific to Japanese and Anime. I've never heard someone mixing random German words into English, for example.

Otaku is basically someone who likes anime, manga and similar things. 

It's a weird line. You can watch obsessive amounts of anime and still not be a weeaboo, you can read manga every night before you go to bed and not be a weeaboo, you can even head to Japan for a holiday every year and not be a weeaboo - but as soon as you start identifying yourself as Japanese, you are one.

I've even caught myself saying "Kawaii" whilst watching anime, but if I talk about girls with mates in real life, I use English. You know, that thing I was taught since I was born. I'll happily identify as Otaku, though.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

but as soon as you start identifying yourself as Japanese, you are one.

QUIT OPRESSING THE TRANS-....uuuuh, japs?

Yeah I'll shut up now.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Meh not really interested in his one. Think ill pass this week

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

It's a weird line. You can watch obsessive amounts of anime and still not be a weeaboo, you can read manga every night before you go to bed and not be a weeaboo, you can even head to Japan for a holiday every year and not be a weeaboo - but as soon as you start identifying yourself as Japanese, you are one.

I've even caught myself saying "Kawaii" whilst watching anime, but if I talk about girls with mates in real life, I use English. You know, that thing I was taught since I was born. I'll happily identify as Otaku, though.

Yep. 

A lot of people consider just watching anime being a weeaboo from what I can tell. 

I know plenty of people who collect figures, watch anime every day and go on trips to Akihabara whenever they can, but aren't weeaboos. They have a hobby and an interest and that's that. I know people who watch far less, don't collect things and so on, but are weeaboos. I know a couple that have just decided that they are half Japanese, all of a sudden. 

Will probably marathon this series on Monday - Tuesday.

Do such people really exist? Because honestly, I mostly only see that slang thrown around by some people, targeting any and all anime fans and not just that lower lifeform you speak of.

They do... 

Here however, we just joke around with the term and make fun of our fellow anime watchers here. Everyone has shit taste in anime right? lol.

Look up filthy Frank's weeaboo video lol.

Oh please no.. the cringe.

Yep, I've met a fair few of them. 

I had someone see that I was reading manga when I was at college last week, and after telling them my name, they called me 'My name'-San, which was a massive red flag. 

I don't mind people that are trying to learn Japanese saying the name of items or something, in order to help them remember it. It's the people that just know the common words used in anime and mix them into English sentences. I often find myself trying to translate things in my head, as I listen to various Japanese audio lessons when I go to sleep and if I go for a walk, but I don't mix Japanese words into English sentences. 

It seems to be a weird thing specific to Japanese and Anime. I've never heard someone mixing random German words into English, for example.

Oh lord no... that's so creepy... I'd attempt to escape as fast as possible if I ever actually met one.