Heaven Society - Week 67 (Welcome to the N.H.K.)

Yep. 

A lot of people consider just watching anime being a weeaboo from what I can tell. 

I know plenty of people who collect figures, watch anime every day and go on trips to Akihabara whenever they can, but aren't weeaboos. They have a hobby and an interest and that's that. I know people who watch far less, don't collect things and so on, but are weeaboos. I know a couple that have just decided that they are half Japanese, all of a sudden. 

It's double standards. 

"Discuss american shows and nobody bats an eye; discuss anime and everybody loses their minds!"

/insert Joker meme

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

It's double standards. 

"Discuss american shows and nobody bats an eye; discuss anime and everybody loses their minds!"

/insert Joker meme

Haha however if it was me it would end up having only one american show(Game of Thrones(stopped watching though)) to talk about and everything else being anime(even though I haven't watched much lately, my anime watching schedule happens in bursts now). Therefore I end up not talking about any shows.... and just saying I don't watch TV which is actually true... man I'm a boring guy in terms of things to talk about lol.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

The series that won this week is the story of @TheProfosist's life.sample_a9f2163bfe2e9c5ad1dc28c2daae36e95

lol well a story about part of my life

Do such people really exist? Because honestly, I mostly only see that slang thrown around by some people, targeting any and all anime fans and not just that lower lifeform you speak of.

yes weaboo's exsist and it is utterly painful to be in their presence.

Welcome the nhk is amazing

its funny as fuck and has some moments that will really fuck with your heart

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Haha however if it was me it would end up having only one american show(Game of Thrones(stopped watching though)) to talk about and everything else being anime(even though I haven't watched much lately, my anime watching schedule happens in bursts now). Therefore I end up not talking about any shows.... and just saying I don't watch TV which is actually true... man I'm a boring guy in terms of things to talk about lol.

same for me man.

Guess I never tagged enough people to experience the inherent limitation in the tagging system.

lol if only it worked correctly. We can do the code and it will link all the names but will not send out notifications when done that way this way we have to edit and save repeatedly because it will tag a small group and then 3 at a time after that for each edit and save cycle

Ahh record time, finished tagging in 10 minutes from thread creation.

not to bad it always seems to take for ever tough lol

Isnt NHK a channel in Japan? I like to watch it sometime.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Isnt NHK a channel in Japan? I like to watch it sometime.

Yes but not all that related to the anime. Just a broadcasting network really.

Yep, I've met a fair few of them. 

I had someone see that I was reading manga when I was at college last week, and after telling them my name, they called me 'My name'-San, which was a massive red flag. 

I don't mind people that are trying to learn Japanese saying the name of items or something, in order to help them remember it. It's the people that just know the common words used in anime and mix them into English sentences. I often find myself trying to translate things in my head, as I listen to various Japanese audio lessons when I go to sleep and if I go for a walk, but I don't mix Japanese words into English sentences. 

It seems to be a weird thing specific to Japanese and Anime. I've never heard someone mixing random German words into English, for example.

I'll switch between Korean and English when talking to my Korean friends if I know the full sentence. I won't say "I like 영화 보고있어". But I will say "I seen an amazing movie.

난 영화 보는 좋아해요".(shitty example but it serves a point) Because I want to practice where I can, mixing the two in a single sentence is just too confusing to follow. My Korean friends do it in reverse when their vocabulary fails them or they just aren't sure. They will be speaking English and switch back to Korean in a single breath.

But if some random white guy just said Hello James-san or hyung I would laugh at them.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

nHbb9Kc.jpg

A few years ago I was watching anime downstairs without headphones in the middle of the night (2-3 AM), I hear my sister get up, walk to the steps and as loud as she could she yelled "Turn that ching chong shit off."

And that's only the second funniest thing anime has gotten me into..

Senior year of high school I had an awesome teacher who let me do pretty much anything I wanted as thanks for helping him teach his game design class (he got the job because he is a very good model editor, didn't know a thing about coding). Well one day me and my friend were watching anime on my phone and he was walking around the room, and the ONLY time the character in the show gets naked was the very second he decides to peak over and look at my phone (first and last time). I had never laughed so hard in my life.

The member tags are always like that, the forums doesn't tag all the members in one go. I have to hit edit and save changes at least 30 times for all to register... if I use the code to tag people it doesn't show up for them as a notification. I don't think anyone has come up with a fix yet. 

It only tags 3 members at a time when I hit edit and save changes. Give me 15 minutes to fix em lol....

I'm late as always... surprise surprise, and I'm not even talking about anime. I kinda feel ashamed about that. Anyways, you'd think that as one of the largest denominations of LTT's forums we'd have a decent fix by now.  

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I finished Gargantia and moved on to this last night. Bloody hell, that first episode. I thought i was going to go mental at that rate. When Misaki came in, though, that helped me decide to continue. If it was just full of random conspiracy ramblings and talking appliances it probably would have gone dropped.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Yep, I've met a fair few of them. 

I had someone see that I was reading manga when I was at college last week, and after telling them my name, they called me 'My name'-San, which was a massive red flag. 

I don't mind people that are trying to learn Japanese saying the name of items or something, in order to help them remember it. It's the people that just know the common words used in anime and mix them into English sentences. I often find myself trying to translate things in my head, as I listen to various Japanese audio lessons when I go to sleep and if I go for a walk, but I don't mix Japanese words into English sentences. 

It seems to be a weird thing specific to Japanese and Anime. I've never heard someone mixing random German words into English, for example.

I'm mixing Lithuanian with English from time to time. Usually it's some kind of term or saying witch has no specific translation or I just forget how some words are called in my native language...

A lot of people here does that(usually guys related to IT).

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB