Heaven Society - Week 68 (Nichijou)

vfAXr6z.png

This Week's Anime!

Nichijou

BjLtaEr.jpg

Synopsis

While the title suggests a story of simple, everyday school life, the contents are more the opposite. The setting is a strange school where you may see the principal wrestle a deer or a robot's arm hide a rollcake. However there are still normal stories, like making a card castle or taking a test you didn't study for.

Read more at MAL

Links to Watch

Your on your own this time! Episodes are easy to find online.

Member Tags

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @ Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Ruostunut kokis @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @ DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @ NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @ilove64 @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo @thorbrantly101 @ultralars @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @Tonylu1595 @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName @Createinator @RedSphyxis @ZeroGenesis @Miqle @Nater @Jack_of_all_Trades @shadowblitz3 @Oasis @dragoon20005 @JarekBloodDragon @beach_boy98 @Gigamegabyte @dr_deconstruct @Skybane @MeMe @Oasis @MoonSpot @RazerZ @TheGingerKid @_INTER_ @MeDownYou @Enferk @Oskar94a @FrenziedComet @8uhbbhu8 @Biferony @cesrai @TakaIcscp @Technicolors @flip1012 @MechEdge @Vlazzy @Nuluvius @valdyrgramr @Avericious @LazyLizard @o0Martin @themaniac @Remilia @BrandonTheCat @ElfenSky @AbsolDestiny @Swindless @AyBuild @nomnom123qwe @SsidError @mosin40 @JerkyMcDilerino @Chronos5618 @Arc_Jester @NuroKnight @Zayzo @I need a better name @Pandalf @Mike_The_B0ss @NeatSquidYT @BLJohnFreeman @DiscoLights2001 @JessicaH @zymax_be @Crowes

Use LinusTechTips Sponsor Crunchyroll to support LTT!

Visit http://crunchyroll.com/linus for a free 30 day trial

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

This week's series is hand picked!

If you haven't already be sure you join the forum wide giveaway!

82JMR62.png?1

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/507046-giveaway-2winter-giveaway/

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Nichijou is pretty damn awesome. I really wish it had a second season.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Loved the series. Great comedy and complete randomness at times.

HD800 > Schiit Valhalla 2 > Schiit Bifrost Uber

5820k // NH-D15S // Asus X99-A/USB 3.1 // 32GB DDR4 // 840 Evo 500gb // WD Red 4TB (x2) // Seagate 3TB // Asus Strix 980ti 6GB // Define R5 //  1050W PSU // NF-A14 (x3) // Acer XB271HU bmiprz

MFG MAL Last.fm

Loved the series. Great comedy and complete randomness at times.

Indeed, it's a classic comedy to many.

By the way... your profile picture.... I love that manga

s001.jpg?v=1444796582

I'll take this over NHK. Watching the first episode now, will get back to you lot.

I don't even know what I just watched.

Edited by Crowes

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Great series even though it wasn't funny all the way through.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

I'll take this over NHK. Watching the first episode now, will get back to you lot.

I don't even know what I just watched.

That's also how I felt when I first watched this. It doesn't get any better on that side of things. But it's still entertaining to watch.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

By the way... your profile picture.... I love that manga

Yeah, it's quite good. I'm actually picking up the first volume with my next amazon.jp order just to have a physical copy ^^ (also 14 volumes of To Love-Ru Darkness xD)

HD800 > Schiit Valhalla 2 > Schiit Bifrost Uber

5820k // NH-D15S // Asus X99-A/USB 3.1 // 32GB DDR4 // 840 Evo 500gb // WD Red 4TB (x2) // Seagate 3TB // Asus Strix 980ti 6GB // Define R5 //  1050W PSU // NF-A14 (x3) // Acer XB271HU bmiprz

MFG MAL Last.fm

B E S T

P I C K

E V E R

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

My favorite anime. Nice .might have to research it because of this, also I get a whole week off for christmas. :D

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Fine.
Humor was mediocre, there were only few instances where I actually laughed.
Interesting characters and great animations carried this for me.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Nichijou is the best pure comedy for me. it's par or even better than Danshi Kokousei no Nichijou :D

more nichijou opening meme whatever weirdness 

I would agree that most of the jokes aren't that great, although there are quite a few that will get a "heh" out of me. Something about the atmosphere of the show makes me like it a ton. Maybe its that they made a show with a large amount of characters and made them all memorable. Every once in a while you'll see other characters in the background of the current skit that are just going on doing regular shit. Their sense of humor is on the verge of being trippy. I like weird shit, so of course I like it. Make it as "wtf" as possible. 

oh yeah. pretty colors.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Idk. It feels like a copy of Azumanga Daiho and School Rumble but with too many insiders and on the "randomy comedy" side with some serious toilet humour nothing beats Gintama.

// programmers paradox

try { return true; } finally { return false; }

I dropped this and NHK. NHK focuses way too much on the Hikikimori side of things and I feel I'm slowly going insane whilst watching it, the plotline is way too hard to follow because it strays way too far into sub-plots. Nichijou is a comedy-filled anime with the sort of stuff that should be an accessory to a larger, deeper story.

I'll pass this week...

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Idk. It feels like a copy of Azumanga Daiho and School Rumble but with too many insiders and on the "randomy comedy" side with some serious toilet humour nothing beats Gintama.

What? Literally what your saying makes zero sense to me. This is basically a pure Slice(s) of Life anime. School Ruble is not a part of that, Azumanga Daiho however is and was one of the first ones that really hit it off in that genre. For what it I would say its one of the best.

I dropped this and NHK. NHK focuses way too much on the Hikikimori side of things and I feel I'm slowly going insane whilst watching it, the plotline is way too hard to follow because it strays way too far into sub-plots. Nichijou is a comedy-filled anime with the sort of stuff that should be an accessory to a larger, deeper story.

I'll pass this week...

The whole premise of NHK is the life of a Hikikimori/NEET and him doing what he ca. n to leave that behind. It would fit under Everyday Life/Drama/Comdey. Nichijou on the other hand is a pure Slice(s) of Life/Comedy and is not meant to have a deep story. Sometimes that is all you need before bed (or something) just an example.

not saying you two have to like either of these just I guess wanted to go more into depth. :P

What? Literally what your saying makes zero sense to me. This is basically a pure Slice(s) of Life anime. School Ruble is not a part of that, Azumanga Daiho however is and was one of the first ones that really hit it off in that genre. For what it I would say its one of the best.

I'm talking about Nichijou and that Azumanga Daiho and School Rumble are similar genre-wise but exceute it better. Nichijou seems like a copy of those two but with lots of random Japanese insider jokes.

// programmers paradox

try { return true; } finally { return false; }

I'm talking about Nichijou and that Azumanga Daiho and School Rumble are similar genre-wise but exceute it better. Nichijou seems like a copy of those two but with lots of random Japanese insider jokes.

They are vaguely similar at best. Mostly between Nichijou and Azumanga Daioh but they share some genre trait that's about it. I can name at least 10 anime that would fit your definition of being the same just based on that description (Lucky Star).

And yes anime in made for the Japanese... I wouldnt say they are inside jokes. Probably only one or two I missed throughout the series (if that) however its nothing like Joshiraku.