Best case fans for 4000D

KapteijnK

Sup everyone,

I just bought a 4000D Airflow case from corsair, but I'd like to put some new case fans in.

Which are the best and not too expensive? I hope y'all can answer my question!

Thanks

I am a huge Artic fan. I got like 20+ Arctic fans all around and I got nothing but praise for them. P12 is what I use all around.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

I am a huge Artic fan. I got like 20+ Arctic fans all around nothing but praise for them. P12 is what I use all around.

Me too !

They  aren't the best but perform well and perf/price is unbeatable 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

2 minutes ago, KapteijnK said:

@Levent @PDifolco Thanks for the reaction, are the P12's good?

yes, they're basically the best fan for $6 and under (if you use the 5 pack which is the best value)

I've got a P12 and it's really quiet with decent enough CFM (not as good as noctua but it's 1/5 of the price with the 5 pack)

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

1 minute ago, KapteijnK said:

@Levent @PDifolco Thanks for the reaction, are the P12's good?

I am usually very anal about fan noise and performance P12 has everything going for it. Not to mention you can get two P12s for the price of 1 NF-A12.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

I am usually very anal about fan noise and performance P12 has everything going for it. Not to mention you can get two P12s for the price of 1 NF-A12.

Do you mean 3 or 4 ? 

Uuuh  no 6 😄

image.thumb.png.85e72a79edb6861df64077aa3e273a84.png

image.thumb.png.34f7be713d1912979ddbac81f41da805.png

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 hour ago, PDifolco said:

Do you mean 3 or 4 ? 

Uuuh  no 6 😄

image.thumb.png.85e72a79edb6861df64077aa3e273a84.png

image.thumb.png.34f7be713d1912979ddbac81f41da805.png

I loved the single A12x25 I bought for my CPU cooler, but no one can deny the extreme value the P12's bring to the table. I'm super impressed with their quality for what you pay per fan, and cant think of any better bulk fan purchase a user could make to improve their airflow for the value.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Are there better fans on the market than the Arctic P12/P14 PWM PSTs?

Absolutely.

And the cheapest fans that're "Better" are 2-3 times the cost.  (Some going up to 5-6 times the per-fan cost.)

Arctic All-Day E'rry Day!

Just now, KapteijnK said:

@Levent @filpo @PDifolco @TVwazhere @tkitch Thanks for the reactions, should I get the PWM or none-PWM ones?

You should always get the PWM fans and in case of Arctic, their PWM PST fans are what I get. Reduces cable mess.

1 hour ago, Levent said:

You should always get the PWM fans and in case of Arctic, their PWM PST fans are what I get. Reduces cable mess.

Yeah always PWM, and PST if you don't have a fan hub already

13 hours ago, KapteijnK said:

Sup everyone,

I just bought a 4000D Airflow case from corsair, but I'd like to put some new case fans in.

Which are the best and not too expensive? I hope y'all can answer my question!

Thanks

What are your priorities? Performance? Quietness?

Price varies wildly from one area to another, and some fans are cheap in certain countries (generally where the company is) but very expensive in others. US prices tend to be the lowest for many things.

If you can be specific, that would be helpful.

For pure performance, look at Phanteks T30, Iceberg Thermal IceGale Xtra, Super Flower Megacool, etc.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

The other good thing about Arctic fans is that they make you learn & get familiar with your fan curves. Reason for this is due to Arctic’s signature resonance noise at certain RPMs &/or when changing RPMs.

If it doesn’t bother you then all good, but if it does, you can avoid it by setting your idle & load RPMs within a range that avoids the noise.

In the end, you’ll have a better idea of how to manage your PC noise/temps.

So @Levent and @PDifolco or anyone else, what about RGB options? I think the case would look very slick without the RGB, but my room is usually a bit dark, there is led strips across the ceiling so IDK RGB or no RGB? cause the Partpicker list I plan on buying only has the ram as RGB and the GPU "PNY" logo on it lights up but that's it, so I might want to have the case light up more any options to do this?

PARTPICKERLIST:

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/HCZxvj

1 minute ago, KapteijnK said:

So @Levent and @PDifolco or anyone else, what about RGB options? I think the case would look very slick without the RGB, but my room is usually a bit dark, there is led strips across the ceiling so IDK RGB or no RGB? cause the Partpicker list I plan on buying only has the ram as RGB and the GPU "PNY" logo on it lights up but that's it, so I might want to have the case light up more any options to do this?

PARTPICKERLIST:

Lights are non-essential and a waste. Ultimately, the only lights you need in your dark room are on your keyboard so you can see the keys. Anything else is a waste - aside from light from your screen, or you have some other specific need. Besides, the 4000D comes with LED fans, and some of the components you chose have LEDs, too.

Still awaiting your response to my previous message.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Lights are non-essential and a waste. Ultimately, the only lights you need in your dark room are on your keyboard so you can see the keys. Anything else is a waste - aside from light from your screen, or you have some other specific need. Besides, the 4000D comes with LED fans, and some of the components you chose have LEDs, too.

Still awaiting your response to my previous message.

I am sorry, I didn't read your other message yet,

I like a more balanced option like quietness so my house doesn't start flying but also a good performing low temp option, this is going to be my first build so easy to install would also be a nice option but NOT a must.

Thanks for the help mate!

5 minutes ago, KapteijnK said:

I am sorry, I didn't read your other message yet,

I like a more balanced option like quietness so my house doesn't start flying but also a good performing low temp option, this is going to be my first build so easy to install would also be a nice option but NOT a must.

Thanks for the help mate!

Do you understand that, as long as you set your fan curves correctly, you won't often hear them and be bothered unless you're one of those very sensitive people (i.e. autistic spectrum, you haven't learned to ignore noises, or certain sounds are just intolerable)? Thus, many powerful fans are possible, unless you are often running very heavy workloads on your PC. Do you know what dBA is too loud for you?

Some people complain about Arctic P12, especially the Max. Others complain about the high noise of some Noctua fans. Some people can't stand hearing harmonic resonances, and some other fans are also not popular.

I can look at my database and see what are good possibilities or, if you're on a tight budget, just get the P12 or P12 Max.

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Do you understand that, as long as you set your fan curves correctly, you won't often hear them and be bothered unless you're one of those very sensitive people (i.e. autistic spectrum, you haven't learned to ignore noises, or certain sounds are just intolerable)? Thus, many powerful fans are possible, unless you are often running very heavy workloads on your PC. Do you know what dBA is too loud for you?

Some people complain about Arctic P12, especially the Max. Others complain about the high noise of some Noctua fans. Some people can't stand hearing harmonic resonances, and some other fans are also not popular.

I can look at my database and see what are good possibilities or, if you're on a tight budget, just get the P12 or P12 Max.

Haha, no I am not one of those persons I just don't want to ruin the dialogue in certain story games I am gonna play with heavy fan noises.

Currently in the build I have it uses only 1 fan, and the stock intel CPU cooler and they can get loud. I am having trouble to set up the correct fan curve, everytime I think I have it and start gaming the fans start going loud and than quiet down, and that the exact same order until I close out the game which is very annoying. Don't want that to happend. But thanks for the advise I'll get the P12 PST 5 Pack once they're in stock again and hope for the best.

If you have any advise regarding fan curves let me know please! Haha

13 minutes ago, KapteijnK said:

Haha, no I am not one of those persons I just don't want to ruin the dialogue in certain story games I am gonna play with heavy fan noises.

Currently in the build I have it uses only 1 fan, and the stock intel CPU cooler and they can get loud. I am having trouble to set up the correct fan curve, everytime I think I have it and start gaming the fans start going loud and than quiet down, and that the exact same order until I close out the game which is very annoying. Don't want that to happend. But thanks for the advise I'll get the P12 PST 5 Pack once they're in stock again and hope for the best.

If you have any advise regarding fan curves let me know please! Haha

One cooler fan and one case fan is part of your problem. The fewer you have, the more noise each will generate trying to cool your PC. Once you get that 5-pack, experiment with placement. Put 3 in the front, keep the one on the back, and then install one on the top in the rear position. Front=intake, back & top=exhaust.

After that, add a second fan in front of that other top fan and have it on intake.

In order to really push it, you can try Prime 95. Otherwise, just run one of those games that makes it noisy and see what happens.

Set the curve in BIOS to either standard or turbo. If neither helps, put it on silent. If your PC overheats, you either need to fiddle more with the fan positioning and/or you need to do a custom curve where it stays quiet until you get to the really intense loads.

Those are my suggestions. I hope that helps.

43 minutes ago, KapteijnK said:

PARTPICKERLIST:

Sure, get RGB fans if you like them

Arctic does some nice and cheap, Thermaltake too

12 hours ago, KapteijnK said:

PARTPICKERLIST:

The thing about RGB is that it doesn’t need to be blaring & rainbows as much as the advertising for it tries to push. Subtlety is what I prefer & I use it to compliment the case & theme I’m going for. Sure, initially I had bold colours & gradients that flowed across my whole desk, but I’ve now gone all white light, with only minor accents on my motherboard’s two thin LED strips, which match that of my keyboard/mouse/mousepad.

This is a “fire” theme I’ve had for months now…

IMG_9801.thumb.jpeg.b6a71cebba2f10135ab7732e4e9caea2.jpeg
IMG_9802.thumb.jpeg.939f47b4855e5b70677d6375ee15c73a.jpegIMG_9806.thumb.jpeg.7063d354ff99845eafd6e908ae0ca7a1.jpeg

8 hours ago, Ralfi said:

The thing about RGB is that it doesn’t need to be blaring & rainbows as much as the advertising for it tries to push. Subtlety is what I prefer & I use it to compliment the case & theme I’m going for. Sure, initially I had bold colours & gradients that flowed across my whole desk, but I’ve now gone all white light, with only minor accents on my motherboard’s two thin LED strips, which match that of my keyboard/mouse/mousepad.

This is a “fire” theme I’ve had for months now…

IMG_9801.thumb.jpeg.b6a71cebba2f10135ab7732e4e9caea2.jpeg
IMG_9802.thumb.jpeg.939f47b4855e5b70677d6375ee15c73a.jpegIMG_9806.thumb.jpeg.7063d354ff99845eafd6e908ae0ca7a1.jpeg

Seems a bit like fire and smoke (if not ice) with all that white. And then there are the charred remains (black). 🙂 Nice job.