Heaven Society - Week 71 (xxxHOLiC)

vfAXr6z.png

This Week's Anime!

xxxHOLiC

YrAj0Uo.jpg

Synopsis

Kimihiro Watanuki can see spirits and other assorted supernatural creatures, which is quite a bothersome ability he strongly dislikes. On the way home one day, while plagued by some spirits, he is inexplicably compelled to enter a strange house. There, he encounters Yuuko, a mysterious woman who claims to be able to rid him of the ability to see and attract the troublesome creatures—for a price. She demands that he work at her "store" that grants wishes to people, and thus begins Kimihiro's adventures through weird and wonderful events.

Read more at MAL

Links to Watch

Funimation

Member Tags

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @ Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Ruostunut kokis @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @ DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @ NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @ilove64 @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo @thorbrantly101 @ultralars @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @Tonylu1595 @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName @Createinator @RedSphyxis @ZeroGenesis @Miqle @Nater @Jack_of_all_Trades @shadowblitz3 @Oasis @dragoon20005 @JarekBloodDragon @beach_boy98 @Gigamegabyte @dr_deconstruct @Skybane @MeMe @Oasis @MoonSpot @RazerZ @TheGingerKid @_INTER_ @MeDownYou @Enferk @Oskar94a @FrenziedComet @8uhbbhu8 @Biferony @cesrai @TakaIcscp @Technicolors @flip1012 @MechEdge @Vlazzy @Nuluvius @valdyrgramr @Avericious @LazyLizard @o0Martin @themaniac @Remilia @BrandonTheCat @ElfenSky @AbsolDestiny @Swindless @AyBuild @nomnom123qwe @SsidError @mosin40 @Chronos5618 @Arc_Jester @NuroKnight @Zayzo @I need a better name @Pandalf @Mike_The_B0ss @NeatSquidYT @BLJohnFreeman @DiscoLights2001 @JessicaH @zymax_be @Crowes @PCgamer324

Use LinusTechTips Sponsor Crunchyroll to support LTT!

Visit http://crunchyroll.com/linus for a free 30 day trial

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Yeah whoo shove it down their throats! I bet @helping is happy. :P

I guess I'll give the manga a shot, since @helping has been saying so many things about xxxholic these past days

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

I've seen this one. It's certainly a lot more enjoyable if you've seen other CLAMP shows like Tsubasa Chronicle and Card Captor Sakura. But it's still a good watch even without those.
Though I found the anime of these series to be... lacking in content, compared to the manga. Mainly because they aired before the manga were done.

I really should start reading the "sequels" of Tsubasa chronicle and xxxholic... but since they are monthly manga, I fear that if I start them now, I won't remember anything by the time the next chapter comes out... wouldn't be the first time.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

No poll, special pick week!

by special pick week, you mean lazy pick week?

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

by special pick week, you mean lazy pick week?

It called shove good anime down the clubs throat until they choke week.

You know I could probably re-watch this...

mmm, to the people who have watched it and recommend it. I have seen an episode and 

a half just now, not quite sure where to place this anime.

How would you say the excitement curve goes throughout the show? is there some 

kinda big turning point, aggressive plot development or anything? I am kinda getting

the impression it will just continue chugging along as is, which might not necessarily

be so bad. But i might postpone it a little bit if that is the case.

mmm, to the people who have watched it and recommend it. I have seen an episode and

a half just now, not quite sure where to place this anime.

How would you say the excitement curve goes throughout the show? is there some

kinda big turning point, aggressive plot development or anything? I am kinda getting

the impression it will just continue chugging along as is, which might not necessarily

be so bad. But i might postpone it a little bit if that is the case.

Nope nothing. That is not this anime.

On 30.1.2016 at 8:32 AM, TheProfosist said:

Nope nothing. That is not this anime.

I'd say it's steadily climbing actually. While there is no obvious underlying plot, the relationship between the three is continually hinted at being something special in almost every episode, while the reason is never revealed. Could very well turn out to be something mundane though. The world and reasoning for the happenings is continually being fleshed out, seems to be taking on a slightly more dramatic tone in the later episodes aswell. Slow but steady progress, it's mostly linear but not entirely. 

Doesn't feel like there will be much of a climax though, all things considered.