Looking for a laptop that is capable of gaming, but not marketed as a "gaming laptop"

The title might be a bit confusing, but basically, I need a decently-specced, gaming-capable laptop, that isn't full of RGB lights and other wacky, excessive nonsense.

I need at least:

• 8GB of RAM, though 16 is preferred
  • A mid-range AMD CPU (I believe clock speed doesn't actually matter, but 4-8 cores should be enough at the very least)
  • A reasonably performant integrated GPU capable of 3D acceleration for DirectX 11/OpenGL 4.x (without a separate 3D accelerator chip, as these cause compatibility issues)
  • 1080p 14-15" LCD monitor
  • Windows 10 compatibility (though compatibility with Windows 10 LSTB 2016 and Windows 8.1 is preferable)
  • Compatibility with Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora, and/or Debian
  • Generally, the ability to run games such as Half-Life 2, Garry's Mod, Team Fortress 2, Minecraft (pre-1.16.5, as I already have a MacBook that can run modern Minecraft significantly better), Skyrim, and Fallout New Vegas/4/76.
  • Virtualisation/emulation capability through QEMU, VirtualBox, and VMWare Workstation Player

Is there a laptop that meets these requirements (or at least some of them), but is not marketed and branded as a "gaming laptop"?

Edited by nulcow
More specific requirements

Dell Precision or HP EliteBook/ZBook is what you're looking for. Solid machines, remarkably reliable, and you can get used ones for not too expensive. You mentioned AMD processors - most business machines are Intel-only, these included - and they have discrete graphics which'll perform much better than any iGPUs. Not sure what you mean by compatibility issues, never had compatibility problems on laptop dGPUs. Most Precision models are certified for Linux compatibility as well.

7 hours ago, nulcow said:

A reasonably performant integrated GPU capable of 3D acceleration for DirectX 11/OpenGL 4.x (without a separate 3D accelerator chip, as these cause compatibility issues)

If I'm not mistaken the latest AMD iGPU is 780M - so ggl these laptops- there are many to choose from (Lenovo, Asus etc.). If you want the most performance of course.

So smth like Lenovo ThinkPad would be the opposite of a sweaty gamer's laptop.

7 hours ago, nulcow said:

Generally, the ability to run games such as Half-Life 2, Garry's Mod, Team Fortress 2, Minecraft (pre-1.16.5, as I already have a MacBook that can run modern Minecraft significantly better), Skyrim, and Fallout New Vegas/4/76.

These games are fairly old, so you probably don't need the latest APU. EDITMissed Fallout 4/76

EDIT:

Another option might be to get whatever laptop checks everything except for the graphics. For the gaming just get the cheapest Steam Deck, that you can catch on sale.

What's your budget like? A fully blown OLED laptop with a bit of gaming capability here and there, does cost as much as a rather high priced gaming laptop... unless it's a cheaper unicorn model.

20 minutes ago, Motifator said:

What's your budget like? A fully blown OLED laptop with a bit of gaming capability here and there, does cost as much as a rather high priced gaming laptop... unless it's a cheaper unicorn model.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention budget. I'm willing to spend around $1500-$2000 USD.