Audio Transfer

HyperPalBuddy
Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,
1 minute ago, NinJake said:

Was it fairly easy to set up @Kilrah?

Yep, was straightforward. You really want both machines wired, with fixed IPs, set the transmitting machine to send to the IP of the receiving one, then once started on the receiving end right click on one of the "Stream name" fields and it should find the stream, click on it, select the destination strip and you should be good to go. Make sure to actually enable VBAN on the page 馃槃

Hi guys, I have a linux laptop and a windows PC.聽 I have a pair of headphones connected to my windows PC.

Is there a way for me to share the audio from my linux PC to my windows PC or vice versa so I can enjoy both the audio streams on one pair of headphones.聽

Simultaneously?

Or just an easy switcher when you switch between computers?

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

What kind of headphones are you using and what are your aspirations regarding quality, latency etc.?

1 hour ago, Sandbass said:

What kind of headphones are you using and what are your aspirations regarding quality, latency etc.?

I use a Corsair VOID RGB (so a usb headset). In terms of Quality and latency I'm ok with a few milliseconds or something, just need it for some audio (Youtube or movies) while I'm playing games.聽

7 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Simultaneously?

Or just an easy switcher when you switch between computers?

Yeah I need it simultaneously. I use barrier to share keyboard and mouse, need someway to share audio.

I've been using Voicemeeter on the Windows side for receiving and mixing (need at least the Banana version for the VBAN integration) and vban_emitter on the linux machine, worked great.

F@H
Desktop:聽i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0,聽Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO,聽Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro聽RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan),聽Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

The two easiest ways, i can think of, are, you either connect the headphone out of the linux machine to the line in of the windows machine and use a software mixer. But then you have one DA/AD conversion too much which degrades your sound slightly. Or you get a hardware mixer that mixes the sound of both computers for your headphones.

I've tinkered with VBAN once and it did not seem to work. I'm sure I missed a configuration somewhere or my router was potentially blocking the traffic. Was it fairly easy to set up @Kilrah? I have the Voicemeeter license just haven't gotten around to reinstalling on my current setup.

To OP: I do think a physical mixer is the easiest solution if it's ever possible, however for your use case (USB headphones)... you may need to get some "standard" analog headphones to utilize a physical mixer. (I'm not aware if they have any mixers that support USB off the top of my head)

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

Was it fairly easy to set up @Kilrah?

Yep, was straightforward. You really want both machines wired, with fixed IPs, set the transmitting machine to send to the IP of the receiving one, then once started on the receiving end right click on one of the "Stream name" fields and it should find the stream, click on it, select the destination strip and you should be good to go. Make sure to actually enable VBAN on the page 馃槃

F@H
Desktop:聽i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0,聽Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO,聽Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro聽RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan),聽Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2