Aula F75 vs Royal Kludge R65 (Suggestions)

Rehan Rashid

Hello there, hope you're doing great!

Okay so, I'm buying a mechanical keyboard mostly for gaming (but I type a lot too. I write scripts). 

My budget is super low. It's under 55USD. The two keyboards I have selected are Aula F75 (53USD) and Royal Kludge R65 (44USD). Now I can't decide between the two. 

At first I was going to build a keyboard myself. I choose GMK67 or GMK67-S, PBT KOA keycaps, Gateron Milky Pro Switch's but it end up being 63USD which is above my budget.

So now, I want to choose between Aula F75 and RK65. I really love how the keycaps of RK65 and I don't like the ones on aula f75. Both form factors are fine. But I think rk65 doesn't have good built quality as much as aula f75. Has anyone used any of them before and can tell me should I scarifice looks over built quality or both are same?

There seems to be a general conscious that the Royal Kludge stuff is cheaply built for some reason, probably because they're cheap. I gifted one to a friend from a PC store, and he seems to have enjoyed it for the time being here and there when he used that board, back in the day. It's not exactly a "cheaply built" board, I'd say.

EPOMAKER might have more to the build quality though... dunno.

15 minutes ago, Motifator said:

There seems to be a general conscious that the Royal Kludge stuff is cheaply built for some reason, probably because they're cheap. I gifted one to a friend from a PC store, and he seems to have enjoyed it for the time being here and there when he used that board, back in the day. It's not exactly a "cheaply built" board, I'd say.

EPOMAKER might have more to the build quality though... dunno.

So I should get aula f75 right? Oh I should mention that I have the Redragon k530 which is similar price. I'm not a big fan of that keyboard. It's good but it's just too "simple" I would say. It's just a black 60% wireless keyboard with dim rgb it's nothing amazing. I am hoping these keyboards are better than that.

Why wouldn't you just save your money and come back with a bigger budget instead of settling for bottom-of-the-barrel stuff?

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

1 minute ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Why wouldn't you just save your money and come back with a bigger budget instead of settling for bottom-of-the-barrel stuff?

Bruh... first of all I believe I never said that I want to know if I should save more money, I just asked for a suggestion between the two.

Secondly, not everyone lives in the US. These keyboards already cost me way more then I have ever spent on them. If you don't know in Pakistan people don't spend more then 5USD on Keyboard and mouse combined. Because that's what we can afford. Anything more then that, we can just upgrade our GPU. 

Thirdly, my pocket money is 1000PKR or 3USD/monthly. You can now do the calculations yourself. Anything more then my current budget I rather buy the Rx 580 (the most popular GPU in our country).

Lastly, I still have to get the desk mat and mouse which will cost me an extra 35USD

-deleted-

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |