LTTAnimeClubHeavenSociety-Header.png

It's polling time once again! Which series will be deemed worthy of this week's topic of discussion? Let's see!

Selector Infected WIXOSS
Current

This was suggested by @azurezeed saying "People like to say this is the children of Yu-Gi-Oh! and Madoka Magica, sometimes it can feel a little slow but the ambient of the anime makes you want to know more and what will happen next, there are some great moments that will surprise you, overall a good anime though not exactly a masterpiece since it have some flaws."

WIXOSS is a card game that's popular with teenagers. Supposedly there exist "LRIG Cards," female character cards with wills of their own. Special girls can hear the voices of the LRIGs, and those who possess them are called "Selectors." These Selectors have card battles in a dimension that other humans cannot access. It's said that whoever triumphs in these battles will have their wish granted. Ruko Kominato is the latest girl to find a LRIG card. She names hers Tama, and without any further explanation is thrown into her life as a Selector.
Read more at ANN

RHFst0b.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Recent

This was suggested by @wolfgang saying "take a WWII era battleship, update it with lasers and stick it in space. a well done remastering of the original from the 70's. As the earth slowly dies a single ship sets out for a miracle to save the planet but they only have a year to make the 148,000 light-year journey there and back before all of humanity is gone."

The year is 2199. The human race has been crushed in their war with the Gamilos, driven into underground cities by the invader's assault. Scientists estimate they have only a year left. The young officers Susumu Kodai and Daisuke Shima receive a mysterious capsule from a ship that made an emergency landing on Mars and return with it to Earth. It contains humanity's last hope: the planet Iscandar on the other side of the Magellan Galaxy has the technology to defeat the Gamilos and restore the planet. The space battleship Yamato is entrusted with this task, but they have only one year before humanity ends.
Read more at ANN

QLsxMa2.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

A Certain Magical Index
Post-2007

This was suggested by @Rashy saying "The Boundaries between Magic and Science conflicts in this world, Kamijou Touma who lives in Academy City the most advanced technology place finds a young girl who is said to hold 103,000 magical index in her brain, she is trying to run away from a magical organization called Necessarius. While trying to help her get away Touma faces alot of dangers that crosses the boundary between science and magic.I gotta say this is that kind of anime for me. I love the plot and its almost like One Week Friends, wouldnt spoil it but i think i spilled the beans. Alot of weird things is going to happen but its safe to say that its FUN. thats all. naked loli ( ̄ii ̄*) <- le noisebleed emoticon"

Kamijou Touma is a student living in Academy City, a highly advanced place in terms of technology. Despite being gauged as a level zero esper (no powers), he possesses on his right hand the Imagine Breaker, an ability that negates any power whatsoever. Touma finds a young girl named Index who is trying to run away from Necessarius, a powerful magic organization that she is member of. Blessed with the skill of memorizing any sort of information, she holds 103,000 forbidden magical books within her head. As science and magic cross paths, Touma must face several dangers amid espers and magicians who appear at the exciting scientific town.
Read more at ANN

quK9g4l.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Black Lagoon
Pre-2007

This was suggested by @gastew15 saying "The anime provides almost constant action with it's intense characters, but actually holds substance at the same time and provide a huge amount of entertainment beyond just *bang *bang *explosion. The character's and interaction are what separates Black Lagoon from just some other shoot 'em up crude anime."

Okajima Rokuro is a Japanese businessman…in a town full of Japanese businessmen. His normal day consists of social drinking with clients and being kicked around by his bosses. He finally gets a break though, as he’s sent by his company to the tropical seas of Eastern China to deliver a disc…only his boat gets hijacked by a band of mercenaries that were hired to steal it. “Rock” (as he is newly dubbed by his captors) catches the interest of the only female merc “Revy” as she thinks he’s worth a ransom, taking him hostage. However, the disc turns out to be more trouble than its worth, and complicates things both for Rock, and the mercenaries known as Black Lagoon.
Read more at ANN

tJsnaw9.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Kids on the slope
Random

This was suggested by @eelnico09 saying "(Romance/Music/Slice of life) This anime will make you love Jazz if you don't love it already. It's situated on the 60's, a new guy on the school that lacks social skills, but that has incredible piano skills will end up making friends and making a jazz band with them. A normal story with drama, very good music and romance."

The beginning of summer, 1966.

Because of his father's job situation, freshman high school student Kaoru Nishimi moves by himself from Yokosuka to Kyushu to live with relatives. Until then, Kaoru was an honor roll student who tended to keep to himself, but meeting notorious bad boy Sentaro Kawabuchi starts to change him. Through his devil-may-care classmate, Kaoru learns the attractions of jazz and finds the first person he can call a "friend". He also discovers how much fun it is to play music with a pal.

Other characters include Sentaro's kind childhood chum, Ritsuko, who is the daughter of a record shop owner; the mysterious upperclassman, Yurika; and Brother Jun, the much-admired leader among their peers. Set against the backdrop of a seaside town with a scent of American culture, this series is a drama about young people coming into their own, crossing each other's paths, and finding friendship, love, and music!
Read more at MAL

EJpmwNJ.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Member Tags
@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Ruostunut kokis @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @ DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @ NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @ilove64 @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo @thorbrantly101 @ultralars @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @Tonylu1595 @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName @Createinator @RedSphyxis @ZeroGenesis @Miqle @Nater @Jack_of_all_Trades @shadowblitz3 @Oasis @dragoon20005 @JarekBloodDragon @beach_boy98 @Gigamegabyte @dr_deconstruct @Skybane @MeMe @Oasis @dragoon20005 @MoonSpot @RazerZ @TheGingerKid @_INTER_ @MeDownYou @Enferk @Oskar94a

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

black lagoon no question

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Hmm, Selector Infected is the only one that looks interesting to me. I'm really not a fan of Index, Railgun was much better IMO. 

EDIT: @Charger Where's the poll? ):

tumblr_mu2i1pZAua1rb06tgo1_500.gif

Hmm, Selector Infected is the only one that looks interesting to me. I'm really not a fan of Index, Railgun was much better IMO. 

EDIT: @Charger Where's the poll? ):

tumblr_mu2i1pZAua1rb06tgo1_500.gif

Yamato or kids on the slope.. Hmm

@Charger you forgot the poll options

fucking thing i made it to :( time to do it again

It's a battleship. In space! A space battleship. What crazy thing will they think of next, turn the whole thing into a giant laser cannon?

Edit: Obligatory space core.

post-155826-0-54366300-1432851365_thumb.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

My vote may be slightly skewed. Black Lagoon was really good also.

It's a battleship. In space! A space battleship. What crazy thing will they think of next, turn the whole thing into a giant laser cannon?

No comment.

Blarg

waaaaaaaaaaait you're not Fred! 

Also i'm down for like...all of these. Voted on dat  A Certain Magical Index doh

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Ahhhhhhhh

Finally off shift

Because he had a hard drive.

black lagoon looks rad. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Hard to decide between Index and Black Lagoon.. but going with Index... Simply because I'm currently reading Index's "New Testament", sequel to the original 24 volume series(anime covers about half of them), at the moment.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Blood Lagoon for sure !

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

so WIXOSS has no chance against those other popular anime eh?

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

so WIXOSS has no chance against those other popular anime eh?

no it seems it has no chance against a well known anime like black lagoon that is just a lot of action it seems to be holding its own against the rest

Not too many lovers of index??

(yes I'm still alive... just a bit too busy IRL...)

railgun was better :P

Yeah.. but the dynamics of the universe made things more interesting...

Like the rehash of the Accelerator fight...

Also, sensei-chan...

I'm still not sure there's any value in suggesting something so recent that people have likely watched (or are watching) it anyway. Especially currently-airing stuff. Wouldn't the point of this sort of thing be to expand the horizons of the club members, not just reinforce their comfort zones? Note that I'm not really complaining about the actual picks, I'm just not sure whether there's any point in voting for stuff people are likely to watch anyway if they're anime fans.

Also Railgun isn't better than Index, they're the same bloody anime (except that Railgun focuses less on the dumb action and more on the girls farting around).

PS: if you're watching Index, don't expect much from season two.

Why is it charger thats posting? WHERES FRED?!

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Well, definitely Sakamichi no Apollon, very good music-themed anime.

And failing to act, for fear of the risk, is no different than a living death. No matter what world you’re in.