I'm still not sure there's any value in suggesting something so recent that people have likely watched (or are watching) it anyway. Especially currently-airing stuff. Wouldn't the point of this sort of thing be to expand the horizons of the club members, not just reinforce their comfort zones? Note that I'm not really complaining about the actual picks, I'm just not sure whether there's any point in voting for stuff people are likely to watch anyway if they're anime fans.

Also Railgun isn't better than Index, they're the same bloody anime (except that Railgun focuses less on the dumb action and more on the girls farting around).

PS: if you're watching Index, don't expect much from season two.

im not against changing how we do stuff. Up untill last season I had never even watched an anime as it aired other then on tv back in the early to mid 2000s so even new stuff is still likely not stuff I have seen. Also I tend to pay more attention to what is in the poll then what really wins anyway as I dont really care what wins as much as what interests me in the polls.

As for railgun not being better you are probably correct as it is really just my opinion that is was better but that could be as a result of watching it before trying to watch index. I liked railgun and felt that index just dragged and was not as interesting to me when compared. Also if season 2 was bad Im glad I dropped it before I got there becuase I didnt even like season 1 lol

@Charger

To be honest I personally don't find either particularly memorable.  Index was more action oriented and tended to explore, and establish, the workings of the universe that was created for this story.  How it's "magical laws of physics" (as an analogy) worked or could be broken by mister zero, index and or elemental properties/loopholes combatants developed and how they'd apply them for their superman effects.

Railgun was pantsu fan-service...Frog pantsu fan-service...loli frog pantsu fan-service.  Which begs the question:

E20XKXP.jpg

Well that is probably me just being critical and joking, as I also didn't watch all of railgun.  Got bored and just forgot about it.  Not like you're alone, the impression I get is that most enjoyed Railgun more then index.  And pretty sure the money sings the same tune as there were 101 offshoots of railgun (which itself was an off shoot of index but whatever.)

meh I already did threads for weeks 13-26 or so and random ones other then that so I'm sorta fred lol

But I thought you were me?

I'm still not sure there's any value in suggesting something so recent that people have likely watched (or are watching) it anyway. Especially currently-airing stuff. Wouldn't the point of this sort of thing be to expand the horizons of the club members, not just reinforce their comfort zones? Note that I'm not really complaining about the actual picks, I'm just not sure whether there's any point in voting for stuff people are likely to watch anyway if they're anime fans.

Also Railgun isn't better than Index, they're the same bloody anime (except that Railgun focuses less on the dumb action and more on the girls farting around).

PS: if you're watching Index, don't expect much from season two.

How do I put this not everyone including me watches every anime as I comes out like you apparently do.

As for comfort zones that's really up for vote. As I've said before nothing I've ever voted for has won. And based on previous experience that's to be expected, well unless I just make the poll all my choices and stuff them down your throat until you want them. I can almost guarantee that there is a bunch of really great anime most in the club havnt even heard of. Many of these are shorts.

Also the likely to watch is relative because I attest to some of the best anime being pre-2007. There are a number of people in this club alone that refuse to watch older stuff based on animation alone.

Even for me though there are time that I just have to take a break and watch something like The Familiar of Zero f9r the fun of it.

I want two votes :S I wanted to see Yamato but also Black Lagoon....

Well, exams are comming up, and Lagoon is a series while Yamato is a movie :D

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

How do I put this not everyone including me watches every anime as I comes out like you apparently do.

That's what it comes down to. This isn't my club, it's our club. If this is what we want, I don't mind.

I just get the impression that it's kinda pointless to bother voting on something the club is already going to be talking about (when we actually bother talking about anime), and doubly so when it's just one or two person's enjoyment that's in question. But if this is just for the thrill of voting on something, and who cares about whether the anime we're choosing are all well-known and such, then this system is fine.

im not against changing how we do stuff. Up untill last season I had never even watched an anime as it aired other then on tv back in the early to mid 2000s so even new stuff is still likely not stuff I have seen. Also I tend to pay more attention to what is in the poll then what really wins anyway as I dont really care what wins as much as what interests me in the polls.

As for railgun not being better you are probably correct as it is really just my opinion that is was better but that could be as a result of watching it before trying to watch index. I liked railgun and felt that index just dragged and was not as interesting to me when compared. Also if season 2 was bad Im glad I dropped it before I got there becuase I didnt even like season 1 lol

We don't really need to change anything, I just figured I'd ask some questions to shake things up and see whether this system is what the current club really wants, that's all.

Railgun vs Index is really a "choose your version" kinda thing. Both aggravated me, but Index also entertained me more consistently. I'm just not the kind who likes to watch teenagers faff about in cafes and modeling agencies for more time than there's an actual story. But all it might really come down to is a choice between which angers you less: "ONEEE SAMA~" and "TOUMA! (chomp)"

That's what it comes down to. This isn't my club, it's our club. If this is what we want, I don't mind.

I just get the impression that it's kinda pointless to bother voting on something the club is already going to be talking about (when we actually bother talking about anime), and doubly so when it's just one or two person's enjoyment that's in question. But if this is just for the thrill of voting on something, and who cares about whether the anime we're choosing are all well-known and such, then this system is fine.

We don't really need to change anything, I just figured I'd ask some questions to shake things up and see whether this system is what the current club really wants, that's all.

Railgun vs Index is really a "choose your version" kinda thing. Both aggravated me, but Index also entertained me more consistently. I'm just not the kind who likes to watch teenagers faff about in cafes and modeling agencies for more time than there's an actual story. But all it might really come down to is a choice between which angers you less: "ONEEE SAMA~" and "TOUMA! (chomp)"

I'm not even sure this club talks about anime really even with these threads. I will agree that our system probably isn't the best setup and could use work but what would we change? As it is right now we are just going down a list of things that members have suggested if we change that what would we do?

so far we have had it keep decently distributed through the different categories

8 from pre-2007

10 from post-2007

7 from recent

9 form current

(yes it doesn't add up to 45 because not all polls were made from the spread sheet and ova/movies have 3 wins as well)

Now i will say my spread sheet system is rather flawed since as it is right now the dates for recent and current are not changing unlike it was originally planned that current would be the last 3 seasons and recent was last 2 years i think but that is a pain in the ass to go through and change categories around like that so it has stayed the same. We don't keep track of genres or popularity so we end up with polls of the same kind of anime or will a clear winner that becomes clear after only a few votes. I'm not against changing things around but I'm not the one that even started this system i just ended up being the only one doing it.

tl:dr it is flawed feel free to fix it

As for railgun ya that sounds about right there were annoying parts in railgun that is for sure I just liked the character better overall and though the index was slow in comparison. I have a feeling that if I watched it the other way round I may have liked index more but when I started watching railgun I didn't even know there was a second season of it and had no idea that it was a spin off of another anime at all.

tl:dr it is flawed feel free to fix it

LOL. As long as you don't think I don't appreciate the effort you're putting in :)

Thing is, as long as we're just going by user suggestions, there's not that much we can do if we also want a vote system. One interesting approach I've seen (adapted to anime) was to just ask the most active people on the forum that week which anime they want to try that they HAVEN'T watched yet, and limit it to anime that are already completely over, and can be watched in a week's time. Those would be the anime we vote on.

But that might not work here. We might have to do a round-robin thing instead of picking "the most active" users, for instance. But it might be more interesting, and this way eventually everyone should be able to get a pick in. Or it might make people feel too singled-out for all I know.

LOL. As long as you don't think I don't appreciate the effort you're putting in :)

Thing is, as long as we're just going by user suggestions, there's not that much we can do if we also want a vote system. One interesting approach I've seen (adapted to anime) was to just ask the most active people on the forum that week which anime they want to try that they HAVEN'T watched yet, and limit it to anime that are already completely over, and can be watched in a week's time. Those would be the anime we vote on.

But that might not work here. We might have to do a round-robin thing instead of picking "the most active" users, for instance. But it might be more interesting, and this way eventually everyone should be able to get a pick in. Or it might make people feel too singled-out for all I know.

what the club was first doing was taking suggestions by pm, I was not really a fan of that since it was a closed system where no one really knew if what was in the polls was even really suggested by people or if it was just the person making the thread that picked things. I'm not sure that asking people here would really be that good if an idea that well know members have already had their favorite anime win the polls just because they have been posting about it for a long time before the polls and I know I tend to just end up watching things kind of haphazard with no really plan of wanting to watch something more but more just finding something to watch.

Now an idea is getting a different user to come up with things to put in a poll each week but I think that may be better for special weeks and not the standard. We have done this a few times or just picked anime for a week and that does seem to work but finding people that want to do that for each week can be a problem and it would still be me or fred likely making the threads since it is far more of a pain in the ass then it should be lol

what the club was first doing was taking suggestions by pm, I was not really a fan of that since it was a closed system where no one really knew if what was in the polls was even really suggested by people or if it was just the person making the thread that picked things. I'm not sure that asking people here would really be that good if an idea that well know members have already had their favorite anime win the polls just because they have been posting about it for a long time before the polls and I know I tend to just end up watching things kind of haphazard with no really plan of wanting to watch something more but more just finding something to watch.

Now an idea is getting a different user to come up with things to put in a poll each week but I think that may be better for special weeks and not the standard. We have done this a few times or just picked anime for a week and that does seem to work but finding people that want to do that for each week can be a problem and it would still be me or fred likely making the threads since it is far more of a pain in the ass then it should be lol

Well, alright. I'm not going to push my luck :)

Well, alright. I'm not going to push my luck :)

please do. If you wish we can take this discussion to pm to talk with only the relevant parties to making changes. Just keep in mind that the last person that wanted to make changes stuck me with doing it so and I don't plan to get stuck with it again lol

please do. If you wish we can take this discussion to pm to talk with only the relevant parties to making changes. Just keep in mind that the last person that wanted to make changes stuck me with doing it so and I don't plan to get stuck with it again lol

Sure, I don't want to leave you guys with more work either. To be honest, I'd rather that the others chimed in too, since there's quite a few newer recruits lately. Maybe we should try moving this discussion to the main thread like last time instead?

All I have to say is if you guys can find a better way of doing it be my guest. I do have my reservations though, especially on how your going to generate less common anime.

All I have to say is if you guys can find a better way of doing it be my guest. I do have my reservations though, especially on how your going to generate less common anime.

As in, you'd rather not watch less common anime?

Even if we recommend a less common anime and it goes up for voting, no one votes for those anime. People keep voting for the more popular ones.

I'd recommend keeping a week where only less common anime are put up for voting, with no well known anime on the list.

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

Even if we recommend a less common anime and it goes up for voting, no one votes for those anime. People keep voting for the more popular ones.

I'd recommend keeping a week where only less common anime are put up for voting, with no well known anime on the list.

I figured we'd only nominate more obscure ones (note: not entirely unknown/unappealing ones), and ones that are about at the same popularity based on anime sites' rankings. But if the club really does want to just watch popular anime, that's fine. At that point let's drop the more obscure stuff entirely, and only nominate stuff that's at about the same popularity - otherwise it feels like a sham to me?

To be honest, the problem I have with my own idea is that I'm not sure if the lesser-known anime will be as easy for people to access. Maybe that should be the bigger criteria?

lets move this to the thread i just bumped to talk about this lol

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/170926-anime-club-heaven-society-weekly-polling-discussion/page-4#entry5085807

I figured we'd only nominate more obscure ones (note: not entirely unknown/unappealing ones), and ones that are about at the same popularity based on anime sites' rankings. But if the club really does want to just watch popular anime, that's fine. At that point let's drop the more obscure stuff entirely, and only nominate stuff that's at about the same popularity - otherwise it feels like a sham to me?

To be honest, the problem I have with my own idea is that I'm not sure if the lesser-known anime will be as easy for people to access. Maybe that should be the bigger criteria?

already watched index and railgun and i can't really say which is better but being a catholic and being in a family of different religious groups it somehow felt kinda weird watching it.

oh and kids on the slope got my vote

Imagine if the two extra votes for "Space Battleship Yamato 2199" ended up with "Kids on the slope" we would have 5 Winners  :blink:

post-153476-0-63006700-1433049530.png

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

Imagine if the two extra votes for "Space Battleship Yamato 2199" ended up with "Kids on the slope" we would have 5 Winners  :blink:

attachicon.gifweek 47.PNG

It would have been the trolliest week we've had yet.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

i wan't to vote black lagoon as i usually have a predisposed opinion that older anime is better, but yamato seems interested

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

i wan't to vote black lagoon as i usually have a predisposed opinion that older anime is better, but yamato seems interested

Original Yamato is old, quite old indeed.