Cancer. (Test results from May 19th)

GrimNeo

-snip-

Wow, thats rough, have a speedy recovery man. Hope we can at least distract you! 

I look forward to some celebratory shogun! :) 

Also, thanks for the tag! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I should've really posted this sooner but better late then never.

My grandpa managed to survive liver and prostate cancer last year after surgery and several months of chemotherapy.  His doctor said the cause was most likely his smoking and drinking habits, which were horrible considering that he would smoke 3-4 packs a day and drink around 5-10 beers each day as well (this was over the course of 40-50 years).  His doctor also said that he was incredibly lucky to not have lung cancer in addition to the other two.  After his surgery he quit smoking and drinking altogether so, hopefully, the cancer never comes back.

My grandpa was able to beat cancer even though the odds were stacked against him and I sincerely believe that you have the strength to do so as well.

Hang in there @GrimNeo, and never lose hope.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

Ah okay, how many options are there for you in terms of treatment? (if this isn't too personal?)

Not sure yet. I hope it never happens.

Wow, WHAT THE FUCK CANCER?!

It was something else. Personal so I won't say. Sorry.

Wow, thats rough, have a speedy recovery man. Hope we can at least distract you! 

I look forward to some celebratory shogun! :)

Also, thanks for the tag! 

Thanks Nup :)

I should've really posted this sooner but better late then never.

My grandpa managed to survive liver and prostate cancer last year after surgery and several months of chemotherapy.  His doctor said the cause was most likely his smoking and drinking habits, which were horrible considering that he would smoke 3-4 packs a day and drink around 5-10 beers each day as well (this was over the course of 40-50 years).  His doctor also said that he was incredibly lucky to not have lung cancer in addition to the other two.  After his surgery he quit smoking and drinking altogether so, hopefully, the cancer never comes back.

My grandpa was able to beat cancer even though the odds were stacked against him and I sincerely believe that you have the strength to do so as well.

Hang in there @GrimNeo, and never lose hope.

Thank you for your support.

So I went to work today. That was a bad choice lol. About a quarter mile to work. Got there and called HR. HR told me to go home lol. I was in a lot of pain from the walking and going up stairs. Sent the paperwork to my doctor for short term disability. Now I'm off work for 2 weeks.  

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

So I went to work today. That was a bad choice lol. About a quarter mile to work. Got there and called HR. HR told me to go home lol. I was in a lot of pain from the walking and going up stairs. Sent the paperwork to my doctor for short term disability. Now I'm off work for 2 weeks.  

Ice bag! :)

Ice bag! :)

and pain killer pills lol.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

• 3 weeks later...

So how are things now? Any news?

Nice Grave Dig ... But there's a thing called Message ... Much less hassel ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

No news yet. I will update the thread when I get it. I see the doctor on May 19th. I will then post an update.

Nice Grave Dig ... But there's a thing called Message ... Much less hassel ...

He updates the thread anyway. So Hush

He updates the thread anyway. So Hush

I'll go to my corner now ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

No news yet. I will update the thread when I get it. I see the doctor on May 19th. I will then post an update.

Hoping for the best man, good news on the 19th will only make the day better. I've got big plans for that day, and I'll be sure to keep you in my thoughts, man!

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

I'll go to my corner now ...

:P

• 2 weeks later...

Test results update from May 19th

Alright, I would just like to thank everyone for the support on here. It has been a rough month. Talked to my doctor yesterday. My biopsy test results came back benign. I do not have cancer. Doctor said it was a calcium build up that formed the lumps. He said there was nothing that I could've done to prevent it. He said that they might come back. He said he may never see me again. Either way I am very happy. Had a nightmare before the news.

I tagged everyone that replied and my friends on here. I can put it in a spoiler if you want me too.

@Prastupok @Enflics @TheMidnightNarwhal @zappian @nhatduy1611 @

@Redsun20 @GuruMeditationError @coolkingler1 @Kermit @matt12046

@Flight1sim @Tim Drake @Syntaxvgm @AlwaysFSX

@LukaP @Slash003 @GoldSrc @Swndlr @Trik'Stari

@terrytek @Vivilacqua1 @blackadder @Pohernori

@Ethn @Misanthrope @asim1999 @jameshumphries47

@tmcclelland455 @ManWithBeard1990 @spwath @Pesmerga

@SamStrecker @Hero7750 @Linux User @melias24
@Ceatra @Atmos @Speedyv @Nup

@LePawel @Nakano2k1 @Shakaza

@Whorax @Kamina @brokencross @Rohith_Kumar_Sp

@c3p0_ @Admire @CatCloud @colonel_mortis @CoolaxGaming

@dadasmithywinkle @deigo73 @Glenwing @

@eelnico09 @EpicGeekonFire @JustCallMeVlad @LinusTech

@Slick @lukky211111 @Minibois @MyInnerFred @ @Pugs501

@QuadNine @RevoltTrain @Real_PhillBert @QueenDemetria @techswede

@thekeemo @Victorious Secret @TheSLSAMG @wolfgang @Charger

@Colonel_Gerdauf @FatPenguin

@ShadowCaptain @REX.exe @WinNut

@Thane Knox @Vitalius @Volbet @WoodenMarker

Alright, I would just like to thank everyone for the support on here. It has been a rough month. Talked to my doctor yesterday. My biopsy test results came back benign. I do not have cancer. Doctor said it was a calcium build up that formed the lumps. He said there was nothing that I could've done to prevent it. He said that they might come back. He said he may never see me again. Either way I am very happy. Had a nightmare before the news.

I tagged everyone that replied and my friends on here. I can put it in a spoiler if you want me too.

-snip

Thanks for the update. Congrats on not having cancer dude.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

-snip-

Glad to hear this :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Thanks for the update. Congrats on not having cancer dude.

Thank you Trik.

Glad to hear this :)

Same here. I was not looking forward to more surgery.

-snip-

Happy to hear it, buddy.

Keep safe, and happy recovery from the surgery

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

snippedy do da

Aww glad to hear you are ok friend :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

- sniped -

Hooray for Medical advancement !!! 

@Prastupok @Enflics @TheMidnightNarwhal @zappian @nhatduy1611 @

@Redsun20 @GuruMeditationError @coolkingler1 @Kermit @matt12046

@Flight1sim @Tim Drake @Syntaxvgm @AlwaysFSX

@LukaP @Slash003 @GoldSrc @Swndlr @Trik'Stari

@terrytek @Vivilacqua1 @blackadder @Pohernori

@Ethn @Misanthrope @asim1999 @jameshumphries47

@tmcclelland455 @ManWithBeard1990 @spwath @Pesmerga

@SamStrecker @Hero7750 @Linux User @melias24

@Ceatra @Atmos @Speedyv @Nup

@LePawel @Nakano2k1 @Shakaza

@Whorax @Kamina @brokencross @Rohith_Kumar_Sp

@c3p0_ @Admire @CatCloud @colonel_mortis @CoolaxGaming

@dadasmithywinkle @deigo73 @Glenwing @

@eelnico09 @EpicGeekonFire @JustCallMeVlad @LinusTech

@Slick @lukky211111 @Minibois @MyInnerFred @ @Pugs501

@QuadNine @RevoltTrain @Real_PhillBert @QueenDemetria @techswede

@thekeemo @Victorious Secret @TheSLSAMG @wolfgang @Charger

@Colonel_Gerdauf @FatPenguin

@ShadowCaptain @REX.exe @WinNut

@Thane Knox @Vitalius @Volbet @WoodenMarker

Glad to hear that.

I had no idea this thread was even a thing, but good to hear that you don't have cancer.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Congrats on the news :)

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

-snip so they don't get tagged again-

Hey! Where's my tag!! Just kidding :) Really glad to hear bud. Definitely happy about the good news :)

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

I'm happy to hear that! congrats :D

No cancer! Great! ayyyy!

Happy to hear it, buddy.

Keep safe, and happy recovery from the surgery

Work is really busy. Thank you buddy. Now I can enjoy golf anf pc games again lol.

Aww glad to hear you are ok friend :D

Thank you Captain. :). Sorry for the long delay.

Hooray for Medical advancement !!! 

Thank you Phil. Hopefully this never comes up again.

Glad to hear that.

I had no idea this thread was even a thing, but good to hear that you don't have cancer.

Sorry for not letting you know. Thank you Volbet.

Congrats on the news :)

Thank you A.D.A.M :)

Hey! Where's my tag!! Just kidding :) Really glad to hear bud. Definitely happy about the good news :)

Sorry lol. Thank you for your support. I'm happy as well.

I'm happy to hear that! congrats :D

Thank you. I am glad it was not that. Now I can relax again.

@TheMidnightNarwhal Thanks buddy. No more stress for now.