Cancer. (Test results from May 19th)

GrimNeo

Just wanted to know if anyone on here has survived having cancer? I just got off the phone with my doctor. Found out I could potentially have a high risk of cancer. I found some lumps and well I don't know what to do. Seeing the doctor on Friday and then he said I will need to have surgery to remove them and get them tested. I have no biological family at all so no background. Was born in a 3rd world country and had health problems. Doesn't matter if I eat healthy and workout. I was also told my liver should be failing this year or next because of past health problems. I'm not a doctor and I will just have to look forward to the future. About 6 years ago my boss at work had a lump on her back. It turned out to be cancer and she died 3 months later. I don't think I will die or anything. Hopefully its not cancer. I have 3 lumps btw. My family is mad that I waited so long to contact the doctor. I really don't know who to talk about this so I decided to post it here. If anyone cares or not. Everyone that I have known to have cancer has died. I can update this on Friday if anyone cares. Wish me luck.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

-snip-

I had a bout of lung cancer (what over a decade of smoking does). Relatively minor, but still a wakeup call. But anyway, science has come a long way, and most types of cancer can be treated. If you need someone to talk to, send me a message.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I had a bout of lung cancer (what over a decade of smoking does). Relatively minor, but still a wakeup call. But anyway, science has come a long way, and most types of cancer can be treated. If you need someone to talk to, send me a message.

Thanks. One of my mom's friends was just diagnosed with lung cancer. I can send you a message on Friday. I've had a lot of health problems for a long time and no one knows why. I wish I knew my biological family. Thanks for your support. I'm glad your cancer did not kill you. I like reading your posts on here.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Thanks. One of my mom's friends was just diagnosed with lung cancer. I can send you a message on Friday. I've had a lot of health problems for a long time and no one knows why. I wish I knew my biological family. Thanks for your support. I'm glad your cancer did not kill you. I like reading your posts on here.

It was my fault. 3.5 packs a day for a long long time, it's not shocking. But definitely let us know. LinusTechTips forum has always got your back!

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

First of all let me extend my sympathies to you.

Its a very hard reality to deal with .

Cancer is very treatable these days to be honest . What you want to look for is substances that induce cancer cell death or apoptosis , you can research about this online if you want.

The best enemy against cancer is a healthy and balanced diet and low intake of sugar.

http://www.canceractive.com/cancer-active-page-link.aspx?n=3087

What about chemo? Well my grandfather went thought 10 years of chemo and operations before dying.

I dont believe in the standard medical practises for treating it .

I always recommend a balanced diet and the front line for treating it.

Green tea  / white tea is also recommended because of the amount of flavinoids and antioxidants it has.

Anyways thats my opinion on it , you can call me a hippie if you want.

Oh and a positive attitude is the best outlook , no it doesn't change survival rates of anything of the sort but it doesnt hurt .

I know this is easier said then done .

My grandmother did survive breast cancer it was a hard fought battle but she did win and she still here with our family and continue to be the best grandmothe i could ask for. You can beat cancer a lot of people had if you need someone to talk to the LTT forum is always open i wish you the best of luck.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

I personally haven't had cancer, but my mother has, or was close to. She had a cancer-causing tumor removed, and im so thankful that i still have her. The key is early diagnosis, its good that you know that you have high risk and you can watch out for it. If you want to talk about it or just want to talk period then message me. 

LinusTechTips forum has always got your back!

Now and forever

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

@GrimNeo keep us posted?

Also here if you need to talk (although I've not been feeling too strong myself recently).

I was talking to people at depressionforums.org for a while but got a bit overwhelmed by it. 

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Prayers are with you ma man. If you find it in time I read somewhere that you have 95% of survival and seems that you do! Don't worry man you'll get through this.

Thank you for your support. Hopefully its not cancer. I'm not really afraid of dying. Just afraid of what my loved ones will do without me.

I did not had cancer but my uncle had kidney cancer and he survived. The secret is being diagnosed early on. Send me a message if you want more info or just want to talk.

I might be a little late. The doctor sounded really concerned when I told him how long I had the lumps. He wanted to see me ASAP.

It was my fault. 3.5 packs a day for a long long time, it's not shocking. But definitely let us know. LinusTechTips forum has always got your back!

My sister smokes a pack a day. I wish she would stop but its her choice. Thank you again.

Cancer is very treatable these days to be honest . What you want to look for is substances that induce cancer cell death or apoptosis , you can research about this online if you want.

The best enemy against cancer is a healthy and balanced diet and low intake of sugar.

What about chemo? Well my grandfather went thought 10 years of chemo and operations before dying.

Green tea  / white tea is also recommended because of the amount of flavinoids and antioxidants it has.

Oh and a positive attitude is the best outlook , no it doesn't change survival rates of anything of the sort but it doesnt hurt .

Thank you so much. My diet has been off a little but I make sure to take in the right amount of healthy sugar. I don't know what I did wrong. I drink like one or two soda a week. Water ftw. I will ask the doctor on Friday.

My grandmother did survive breast cancer it was a hard fought battle but she did win and she still here with our family and continue to be the best grandmothe i could ask for. You can beat cancer a lot of people had if you need someone to talk to the LTT forum is always open i wish you the best of luck.

Thank you. I heard breast cancer is rough. I'm glad your grandmother is still with you and your family. Thanks for the support.

I personally haven't had cancer, but my mother has, or was close to. She had a cancer-causing tumor removed, and im so thankful that i still have her. The key is early diagnosis, its good that you know that you have high risk and you can watch out for it. If you want to talk about it or just want to talk period then message me. 

Thank you. I can let you and this thread know when I get the test results back. Hopefully surgery can be scheduled next week. Glad your mother is alive and with you.

Now and forever

Thank you all. Really means a lot to me.

@GrimNeo keep us posted?

Also here if you need to talk (although I've not been feeling too strong myself recently).

I was talking to people at depressionforums.org for a while but got a bit overwhelmed by it. 

I was in the hospital 3 times last year for Depression. If you ever need to talk about it just pm me. I just finally beat my depression and now I get more bad news. I've had a rough life. I've made a lot of bad decisions and I've suffered from depression for about 18 years. Please talk to me if you want to. Sometimes talking about it to someone who is willing to listen will help you out a lot. Please don't hold it in. Also thank you for your support. I will let you and everyone else know by this thread. Life is hard. I get that. I will do the best I can to make someone else happy. A lot of people took advantage of my kindness and stole thousands from me. I learned from my mistakes and made peace with those who hurt me. I would just write a letter to said person. That helped me a lot. I did not send the letter but you can if you want to. Sorry for the long ramble. Best of luck with your depression. I've lost a lot of friends because my depression but I know now that they were not true friends.

Wow :(

Don't worry too much though. Cancer is very treatable these days.

Also how old are you OP?

Keep in mind it could also be benign, as in you have lumps but they are not harmful.

Look on the bright side, science and medicine has skyrocketed in the past decades that make it easier to get through cancer.

Anyhow, all the best to you in this tough time.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

I was in the hospital 3 times last year for Depression. If you ever need to talk about it just pm me. I just finally beat my depression and now I get more bad news. I've had a rough life. I've made a lot of bad decisions and I've suffered from depression for about 18 years. Please talk to me if you want to. Sometimes talking about it to someone who is willing to listen will help you out a lot. Please don't hold it in. Also thank you for your support. I will let you and everyone else know by this thread. Life is hard. I get that. I will do the best I can to make someone else happy. A lot of people took advantage of my kindness and stole thousands from me. I learned from my mistakes and made peace with those who hurt me. I would just write a letter to said person. That helped me a lot. I did not send the letter but you can if you want to. Sorry for the long ramble. Best of luck with your depression. I've lost a lot of friends because my depression but I know now that they were not true friends.

Thanks, I'm okay, I've had a lot of treatment (psychotherapy three days a week etc.) but thanks for the offer. It's really good of you but I don't want to load you up with anything more to deal with, it sounds like you've got enough to deal with at the moment but do keep the forum updated and do message me if you need to talk through stuff. Believe it or not it actually makes me feel better to be able to help people (it just got a little overwhelming at the depression forums).

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Also how old are you OP?

Keep in mind it could also be benign, as in you have lumps but they are not harmful.

This. I had a few lumps on my neck and on my right collar bone. My doc wasn't very worried but ordered a biopsy anyway. They came back as lipoma (a hardened lump of fat). If you find a lump never google it. Ever. Second if you can move it around with ease it's most likely over the muscle and just under the skin so chances are it's harmless. Also, watch the Vice documentary Killing Cancer. It will give you a sense of just how far we've come treating it. Best of luck.

Edit: you can watch that doc here, it's seven minutes of amazing. 

https://youtu.be/k-z22u2003k

My daily driver.

• CPU
    Intel i5 6600 K
  • Motherboard
    Asus Maximus VIII Hero
  • RAM
    16 Gig of G.Skill TridentZ Series 3000 Mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA 1070 FTW edition
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R5
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 Series 250GB for boot + WD 2TB Black
  • PSU
    Corsair RM 750W
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100 V2
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K 70 LUX
  • Mouse
    Corsair Raptor M45
  • PCPartPicker URL

Can is suggest that you ignore hogwash about not using chemo etc. That's what got Steve Jobs- he went to look for alternatives - he wasted time choosing less invasive tools and by the time he realised that a lot of the alternatives aren't, his time had run out.

Look at Angelina Jolie - she is one gutsy lady willing to take hard choices to survive, knowing that it could damage her career but putting her family and her survival first!

Oh and the "well balanced diet" is based on bad and very, very poorly done science, with massive data fraud. BUT DON'T LISTEN TO ME - CHECK WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN!

You don't need a positive outlook, you need to know the unvarnished truth, that you will die - eventually - but you could be well over 100 when there is a pressure leak on your space suit...

But in the meantime - act well towards yourself, getting treatment fast, (check the 'truths' that are offered to you by everyone - especially me).

Oh I agree positive outlook is nice, certainty.

But KNOWING that you will WIN is what you will have! That you will overcome your fears, that you will never surrender, that you will go into that long night kicking, screaming, biting and fighting to survive!

That's what you can HAVE if you choose to!

Wow :(

Don't worry too much though. Cancer is very treatable these days.

I try not to worry. My sister, Dad and mother are the ones that are making me worry about it. They are all mad at me for not going to the doctor sooner.

Also how old are you OP?

I just turned 27 on March 6th. March 6th is a made up birthday/guess by a doctor. Hopefully it is not cancer but Doctor Fate sounded really concerned and wanted to see me ASAP.

Look on the bright side, science and medicine has skyrocketed in the past decades that make it easier to get through cancer.

Anyhow, all the best to you in this tough time.

Thank you. I will just watch some comedy tonight.

Thanks, I'm okay, I've had a lot of treatment (psychotherapy three days a week etc.) but thanks for the offer. It's really good of you but I don't want to load you up with anything more to deal with, it sounds like you've got enough to deal with at the moment but do keep the forum updated and do message me if you need to talk through stuff.

Will do thank you.

This. I had a few lumps on my neck and on my right collar bone. My doc wasn't very worried but ordered a biopsy anyway. They came back as lipoma (a hardened lump of fat). If you find a lump never google it. Ever. Second if you can move it around with ease it's most likely over the just under the skin so chances are it's harmless. Also, watch the Vice documentary Killing Cancer. It will give you a sense of just how far we've come treating it. Best of luck.

Thank you. Is that documentary on Netflix? I can check in an hour or so when I get home. Thanks for your support.

Some advice:

1. Stay away from any website besides LTT, Youtube and netflix. Basically, don't search it up

2. Take a shower if you feel stressed out

3. See what the doctor has to say before you come to any conclusions

These come from when I thought i had a Subdural Hematoma, because I hit my head when I slipped at a swimming pool and searched up "Hit head" on google and got a bunch of scary results :P My parents wanted me to stop freaking out (I was SUPER stressed at that time because i felt that i needed to go to the hospital immediately before i die) and took me to the hospital. The doctor sorta giggled and told my dad that I worry too much and that I'm fine. She also said that I'm worrying WAY TOO MUCH for a 13 year old so :P yea...

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Why don't you call your doctor to ask why he was so stressed

@GrimNeo Are they looking for a liver donor for you? What's happening with that?

Get frequent checkups. My mother has small lung cancer, and despite being in remission it still spread to her brain. Her 5 year outlook is incredibly low becuase it was missed during a few hospital visits due to SIADH (caused by infections or lung cancer, come on process of elimination). If it had been caught earlier, at her age her chances would have been much higher than most lung cancer cases are. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch