vfAXr6z.png

Week 37 is at the gates! This week is movie week~! What movies do you guys want to watch?! Poll will be up for 48 hours as usual!

Karas: The Prophecy & Kara: The Revelation
Movie Selection #1
This movie was suggested by @Vitalius saying "These movies are actually 6 OVAs. 3 OVAs to each "movie". The animation/CGI is kind of great, and the action is fun to watch imo. Supernatural/Action/Mystery are the genres."

In the city of Shinjuku, a conflict between a rouge Karas by the name of Eko and the "will of the city" rage in a conflict for dominance. A Karas brought about to fight the rouge has fallen, leaving the city and its inhabitants defenseless. Soon after, Otoha, a comatose patient, is chosen to become a new Karas to face off the rouge Karas Eko to decide the fate of the city and its inhabitants.

Read more at ANN

key_art_karas_the_prophecy.jpg
ANN | MAL | aniDB

The Garden of Words
Movie Selection #2
This movie was suggested by @Charger saying "this is a beautiful rendered movie that also has a really interesting story that goes along with it. If nothing else just look at some images of it and try and tell me it doesn't look beautiful"

Takao, who is training to become a shoemaker, skipped school and is sketching shoes in a Japanese-style garden. He meets a mysterious woman, Yukino, who is older than him. Then, without arranging the times, the two start to see each other again and again, but only on rainy days. They deepen their relationship and open up to each other. But the end of the rainy season soon approaches…

Read more at ANN

(Do note this series is made by Makoto Shinkai the same person who worked on "5 Centimeters Per Second" and the same guy who did this ad(use CC). He does brilliant work)
819XDfizEaL._SL_.jpg
ANN | MAL | aniDB

The Dagger of Kamui
Movie Selection #3
This movie was suggested by @MoonSpot saying "If nothing else it breaks up the now normal art style(s) of semi glossy/CG characters and to revisit hand drawn old school anime. It's a bit more mature in the sense that it relies more on dialogue/story, mystery/manipulation, plot(s) and some other rather uncomfortable "things"; then flashy visuals. If you liked the original ninja scrolls delivery, you'll probably enjoy this one to a varying degree. Since the main characters past/origin IS the story, I can't bring myself to tell y'all much of anything about it. In fact I would recommend NOT reading the aniDB description but instead watch the clip in spoiler tag for the virgin experience should that be your preferred flavour. Here's the first 15mins of the english dub. I don't believe that there are any sources available that would be greater then 480p/VHS SP, so if that level of video quality is unwatchable or otherwise unenjoyable please pass this one by.
Just pointing this one out more for those that would like to watch a movie rather then an entire season/series, and not as a legit submission since both availability and source quality are issues due to it's age (1984/1985...holy smokes). For what it's worth the few places that due rate this one, seem to rate it fairly highly. 1 thing to note, there are 2 versions of this film out there that I am aware of. The "Just for kids" release which is edited and the original. Original is recommended but not required. Original has more cringe potential for the viewer, of the graphical nature if memory serves. P.S. be warned. contains 80s music montage.. that's soo "80s bad" it makes me smile ^_^ [edit] after watching it again, I have to change my mind about the edited version being acceptable. too many continuity issues."

A young boy named Jiro finds his mother and sister murdered in his home. Falsely accused of the crime, he flees from his village and meets a priest named Tenkai, who has him kill a rogue ninja named Tarouza. After fulfilling that task, Jiro undergoes training to become a master assassin. Many years later, Jiro finds out that he was an orphan and his real father was Tarouza, who had worked for Tenkai until he aborted his mission when he fell in love with an Ainu woman. The young ninja discovers that the Shogunate was to retrieve the lost treasure of Captain Kidd and use it to once again isolate Japan from the rest of the world. Using the clues that Tarouza had kept secret, Jiro - along with the female ninja Oyuki and a slave named Sam - travels to Russia and America to search for the treasure in hopes of using it to extract revenge from Tenkai.

Read more at ANN

737187004483.jpg
ANN | MAL | aniDB

Appleseed
Movie Selection #4
This movie was suggested by @CatCloud saying "Appleseed, Nuff said. the manga is made by the same artist that made GITS! so it´s automatically Great."

Growing out of the chaos of a global war, the city of Utopia is populated by humans and bioroids (artificial humans). On the surface, everything is harmonious, but tensions lurk. Into this seemingly perfect society comes a survivor of the wars, Deunan Knute, who carries a legacy that will turn out to be of critical importance to the future of humanity.

Read more at ANN

appleseed.jpg
ANN | MAL | aniDB

Mardock Scramble
Movie Selection #5
This movie was suggested by @TheProfosist saying "A great story, setting with amazing artwork. All very reminiscent of GITS."

In a futuristic society, a 15-year-old prostitute named Rune Balot is rescued after being nearly killed. She is subconsciously given the choice to continue living due to an emergency ordinance to preserve life called Mardock Scramble 09. Turned into a cyborg, Balot is then given the choice of assisting the investigations against the man who tried to terminate her. He is part of the powerful October corporation that is stealthily conducting illegal activities.

Read more at ANN

key_art_mardock_scramble.jpg
ANN | MAL | aniDB

Member Tags
@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Hatsune Miku 「 」@Ruostunut kokis @ Archangel1994 @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @ DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @ilove64 @cesrai @MLGNOSCOPEHEADSHOTGETREKT @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.
This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Garden of Words! 5 Centimeters per Second was such an amazing experience. Every frame was background worthy!

Guilty of building a PC that is more powerful than necessary... No ragrets.

geez i shit talk appleseed one time and it ends up in a poll that same day lol

@CatCloud

RKT. guess i gotta vote for apple seed

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Voting Karas this week because it sounds interesting and I haven't seen it yet. 

However if you haven't watched Garden of Words yet do so right now. It is a visual masterpiece with a pretty great story.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Movie week get rolling in 3... 2... 1...

post-163060-0-51888700-1425528202.gif

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

I dont know what to choose. I have been wanting to watch The Garden of Words. But Appleseed and Mardock Scramble both sound good.

tumblr_n9lfcmO25d1t9kr5po4_500.gif

Blarg

Haven't seen Karas or Garden of Words yet, but Garden edges it out for me a tiny bit. Gotta find the time to watch more films...

I dont know what to choose. I have been wanting to watch The Garden of Words. But Appleseed and Mardock Scramble both sound good.

I vote The Garden of Words because I'm a sucker for killer animation but I still plan to watch Appleseed and Mardock Scramble possibly very soon :)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

tumblr_n9lfcmO25d1t9kr5po4_500.gif
correct answer is watch them all and laugh at appleseed's cgi

My first movie week yay.

I can't decide yet.

This is going to be awesome.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

damn right it is

While that may be the case, Karas has something epic & special about it. Good CGI.

The opening of Karas: The Prophecy is a fight between two supernatural cyborg-samurai who can shape-shift into jets and stop time around them as they fight.

Examples:

http://giant.gfycat.com/BowedEachIbisbill.webm

Huge GIF 1

Huge GIF 2

Large GIF 3 (smaller than Huge)

I wouldn't say it's animation is as good as Garden of Words, but I'd say it's up there. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Wow... this... might be the first week where I absolutely have never heard of any of the titles...

Or maybe not... Apparently I've watched Karas before... no recollection of it though. Guess it didn't leave a big impression on me, especially considering I've rated it 2/5 on my anime planet profile...

edit: looking at the gif and video that vitalius posted, yup, I do remember watching that. Screenshots are horrible to make you remember something...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

While that may be the case, Karas has something epic & special about it. Good CGI.

The opening of Karas: The Prophecy is a fight between two supernatural cyborg-samurai who can shape-shift into jets and stop time around them as they fight.

Examples:http://giant.gfycat.com/BowedEachIbisbill.webmHuge GIF 1Huge GIF 2

I wouldn't say it's animation is as good as Garden of Words, but I'd say it's up there.

big gif = slide show on cheap tablet.

Anyways I will more then likely watch all of these other then Appleseed as I have already watched that 2 time more then I wished I had thankfully I slept through most of it the second time

big gif = slide show on cheap tablet.

Anyways I will more then likely watch all of these other then Appleseed as I have already watched that 2 time more then I wished I had thankfully I slept through most of it the second time

Bah it's not that bad damn it. I bet you were drunk both times

I vote The Garden of Words because I'm a sucker for killer animation but I still plan to watch Appleseed and Mardock Scramble possibly very soon :)

I will likely do the same.

correct answer is watch them all and laugh at appleseed's cgi

well @MyInnerFred forgot to put that option in the poll.

Blarg

I watched it when it was new on DVD lol

Same! I got it on the shelf together with the other Appleseed dvd/bd's!

And among them Appleseed XIII had the worse CGI. I don't normally judge cgi stuff but it was so notice bad I could not ignor it.