I Was Never Meant to Have This Prototype CPU

One of the last remaining desktop CPU makers was recently disbanded. Their last prototype, codenamed Centaur Hauls, promised much more than a normal processor could do…

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

I wonder if other Centaur Technologies processors worked well on Linux or if it was a company where any working hardware on Linux was from work done by communities stuff.

3 minutes ago, Ultraforce said:

I wonder if other Centaur Technologies processors worked well on Linux or if it was a company where any working hardware on Linux was from work done by communities stuff.

Per their MLPerf results, they did have a custom driver and TFlite stack running on Ubuntu, so it's likely they would have supported / worked well on Linux... They just never got to the point of releasing it, so we can't really know. We think our Linux issues were probably hardware related, that FP exclusive we called out goes into more detail on what happened.

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

Note YouTube Premium members don't see the YouTube Shopping Backpack Promo.

Had to use incognito to get the offer.

2 minutes ago, Emily Young said:

Per their MLPerf results, they did have a custom driver and TFlite stack running on Ubuntu, so it's likely they would have supported / worked well on Linux... They just never got to the point of releasing it, so we can't really know. We think our Linux issues were probably hardware related, that FP exclusive we called out goes into more detail on what happened.

Okay, that makes sense, my first thought was given how Intel has stuff they never released for the public having drivers on Linux, that a company basically always does that or would just be avoiding Linux all together.

Would love a Backpack for 20% off, am a YT premium user but can't see the button either, logging out and using icognito both didn't help, any (tech) tips?

Also cannot see the YT shopping "tag"... and a bummer Linus talks so highly of a game without saying what it is in the video

1 hour ago, Chaosghoul said:

Would love a Backpack for 20% off, am a YT premium user but can't see the button either, logging out and using icognito both didn't help, any (tech) tips?

I also cannot get it to show up. If I hop on US VPN and incognito I can see the "shopping" tab on the YouTube channel. However I don't get the discount when I click on the backpack. Here is a link if you want to try yourself... https://www.youtube.com/@LinusTechTips/store

Is the sale supposed to be global or?

Apply this code at checkout ESQ24ZVMFCYN

Not 100% sure it will work, but seemed to show up ok in my cart

I have a box of these chips that I just never knew how to contact LTT about making a video on. Guess it's too late for that lol

prototype LTT ifixit kit?

image.png.72e26b13db269eddd8e10b7f0a4f2bee.pngimage.png.5f91661466ce3534466034932beedba3.png

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

8 hours ago, sk0gg1es said:

I have a box of these chips that I just never knew how to contact LTT about making a video on. Guess it's too late for that lol

i post a pic here and see where it goes.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

11 hours ago, Nephim said:

I also cannot get it to show up. If I hop on US VPN and incognito I can see the "shopping" tab on the YouTube channel. However I don't get the discount when I click on the backpack. Here is a link if you want to try yourself... https://www.youtube.com/@LinusTechTips/store

Is the sale supposed to be global or?

I’m up based and I can’t see it, I suspect it US only

No Store for me look like an big Scam to me! 😮‍💨

From AT. :x

Also tried to take advantage of the shopping tag.... not present in the UK 😞

Cannot get it ether. Are there any Chance to get this anymore?

22 hours ago, dogwitch said:

i post a pic here and see where it goes.

I found an email on the LMG site and dropped a line. Mainly curious if @Emily Young has any use for them, though I also have no idea if any work.

ok odd. edit reply.

it put it some where else.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

What the hell is a YouTube shopping tag and how does one get it to show up?

That chip sure is fascinating though. I can see why it never launched, but damn it really did get close.

Meanwhile in 2024: Ivy Bridge-E has finally retired from gaming (but is still not dead).

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X; 64GB DDR5-6000; Radeon RX 6800XT Reference / Server: Intel Xeon 1680V2; 64GB DDR3-1600 ECC / Laptop:  Dell Precision 5540; Intel Core i7-9850H; NVIDIA Quadro T1000 4GB; 32GB DDR4

11 hours ago, silentdragon95 said:

What the hell is a YouTube shopping tag and how does one get it to show up?

If you are on YouTube Premium or have an adblocker it may be blocked.

I had to use incognito to see the offer.

22 hours ago, Ariolander said:

If you are on YouTube Premium or have an adblocker it may be blocked.

I had to use incognito to see the offer.

On 5/1/2024 at 12:05 AM, lispy said:

Apply this code at checkout ESQ24ZVMFCYN

Not 100% sure it will work, but seemed to show up ok in my cart

I am already 3 days trying to get the discount. No matter what I do, it doesn't work; quite literally everying above and more. Even used plugins like Honey and Coupert to see if there is a coupon code I am missing. The one showed above also doesn't work. Can some @admin (or OP @Emily Young ) maybe even @LinusTech himself help? 

Really nice that YouTube does a cooperation with LTT, but it seems more people have trouble getting the discount than where it does work for. Probably something for the future to consider.

Would love to receive a coupon code by DM if the system is really this bugged. 

Edit: forgot )