Heaven Society - Week 40 (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

vfAXr6z.png

This Weeks Anime!

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

A6430-2137813834.1414840714.jpg

Synopsis

On the first day of high school a beautiful girl named Haruhi Suzumiya introduces herself as having "no interest in ordinary humans". She asks for any aliens, time travelers, sliders or espers to join her. Watching her weird behaviour is Kyon who sits in front of Haruhi and is the only person who talks to her. When Kyon comments about Haruhi's joining every club in school and then quitting he unwittingly gives Haruhi an idea to start her own after school club. Thereafter Kyon and several others find themselves dragged, literally, into the Save our world by Overloading it with fun Suzumiya Haruhi's Brigade (the S.O.S. Brigade for short).

Read more at ANN

Links to Watch

Sorry but your on your own this time!

Member Tags

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @ Hatsune Miku 「 」 @Ruostunut kokis @ Archangel1994 @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @ DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @ NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @ilove64 @cesrai @MLGNOSCOPEHEADSHOTGETREKT @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo @thorbrantly101 @ultralars @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @Tonylu1595 @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName @Createinator @RedSphyxis @ZeroGenesis @Miqle @Nater @Jack_of_all_Trades

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.
This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

Use LinusTechTips Sponsor Crunchyroll to support LTT!

Visit http://crunchyroll.com/linus for a free 30 day trial

I'm sure many of you have already seen this one but ehh what the hell.

628c79dbdd5a3b89d986b5d76ba8931b036c08de

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

So, is it bad i haven't watched, or read this O.o LN's are on my to read list, but that list isn't exactly small, and this is not a priority...

So haruhi won, eh.

Well, it's pretty good I guess. I don't remember much of it and there's the new "The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan" anime series that just started as well... I might just rewatch it I guess.

Wish the light novels would've continued instead of stalling for years now.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Gotta love when the forum bugs out and you end up double posting...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Gotta love when the forum bugs out and you end up double posting...

Happens to me quite often. Oh well...

eadf2db91a04b92d210bea4253c298ac1c7d7d99

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

If you are going to watch this, make sure you don't miss the movie. 

The movie is unarguably the crown of this trilogy. Just getting it out

there while we are still on page 1 :P

Don't forget not to skip Endless eight too!!

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Don't forget not to skip Endless eight too!!

NEVER skip the Endless eight! Best part of the series  :P

Literally just changes in dialog.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Was there ever any question of this not winning?

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Is this a comedy anime? I've tried several in the past but Japanese humor just never amused me honestly D:

It's listed as a comedy, but mostly a slice of life/entertainment mixed in with mystery.

Physics sprinkled in too.

It gets kinda complicated but its fine if you just accept it.

K70 RGB

Was there ever any question of this not winning?

When it's a popular one that mostly everyone has watched vs a new one that might be interesting, the popular one always wins.

K70 RGB

Is this a comedy anime? I've tried several in the past but Japanese humor just never amused me honestly D:

Comedy? Ehh it's a bit more complicated than a comedy lol.

It's not a comedy.

9c12ea86d52a09456ebcae0fd7530a0608237fc2

Also... holy shit this song is awesomeeee.

Oh Hell yea!

This so great!

Because he had a hard drive.

I haven't seen this one but I saw another one which I guess had two season, it was about her adventures, she had a time traveler, Alien, Esper, human and her imagination which could create and destroy the world.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

we all knew this was going to win, it is a good anime one of the first anime i watched

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

This is where I wish I could wipe my memory and watch it again. Such a great franchise, topped off by a legendary movie.

The Haruhi movie made me torture myself through (ok, torture is a bit strong of a word, 'meh' my way through, anyway) Kyoukai no Kanata just because they're making a movie. Just in case the movie is as good as The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Anyway; Good news everyone!

happy-doctor.png

The Haruhi series can be watched subbed OR dubbed, they're both great! Well, at least the dub won't give you Ebola or worse things.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

One of the few weeks where my pick doesn't win. Haha.

cb57a8548e15a936ccf7d1a2a42397ec09e6ef10

I like this picture.

Probably wont finish this in a week but oh well. Another show to start.

Blarg

Hmmm still 6 more eps of Nagi to watch from week 39, plus this and 2 other shows this week that didn't make the cut. Think I might have to call in sick at work....

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

@MyInnerFred i have a problem... you misspelled the name of the anime 3 times in this thread and 2 times in the poll thread lol

Where? How?

its Melancholy

not Meloncholy

Fixed before you could post.