The RTX 3090 is a colossal triple slot graphics card

illegalwater

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3090-1-1.jpgNVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3090-graphics.jpg

New photos of the upcoming GeForce RTX 3090 graphics cards have emerged. The card named RTX 3090 appears to occupy three slots on the motherboard, as the I/O bracket clearly has 3 fingers. It is also much longer and wider than the RTX 2080, pictured as well for the comparison.

The irregular shaped PCB appears to be present on this sample codenamed ‘Config 1’ as well. Two fans are installed on opposite sides of the card. Unlike the sample leaked back in June, this card features a fully black design. The sample codenamed RTX 3080 in the prior leak was a 2-slot card.

The photograph showing the backplate appears to feature the RTX 3090 label, but it is barely visible. According to the leaker the card could retail at 1,400 USD, although as we have mentioned many times, pricing is impossible to confirm, even hours before the embargo, as NVIDIA tends to change this at the very last minute.

Wow, it's huuuuge.

Between the rumored 350W TDP, GDDR6X supposedly running very hot, and the massive triple slot cooler, I'm thinking we're about to get another Fermi.

Sources

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-graphics-card-pictured

https://twitter.com/GarnetSunset/status/1296891307999338496?s=20

Dell S2721DGF - RTX 3070 XC3 - i5 12600K

Holy sheeeeiiiiittttttt

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

The 350W seems to be true then. And what is that, a 120mm fan on the front? It looks massive.

12 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

It better slap around the Titan V, and RTX. Daddy needs some grunt for Dwarf Fortress

Well the top Navi 2x is anywhere between 80-100% better than the 5700XT given that the new Xbox matches a 2080 Super. This supposed "RTX 3090" WILL trump the RTX TITAN. Probably by 40 percent or more. Though I wouldn't be surprised if this is the Titan A instead.

Basically, Nvidia is scared.

Okay, that looks better than the initial leaks. Well, at least the front, I still don't get the second fan and I don't like the look of it. Those black fins on the front look pretty damn sharp.

But damn boy he T H I C C

This does seem to make the "300W+ TDP" rumours more believable, though that probably won't apply to the more consumer oriented 3080 and under GPUs. The 3090 will probably be in a league of its own at $1400+. 

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

Not enough that you need to sell a kidney to buy it, you need to make a blood offering to install the fucker

You have to sacrifice to be able to use this

1 minute ago, Results45 said:

Gotta be a liter of Type O.

To be fair you'd have to be very imaginative using those fins to harvest four units of blood

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Not enough that you need to sell a kidney to buy it, you need to make a blood offering to install the fucker

I mean, I'm not buying it. I'm just looking forward to seeing blackout builds with it.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I still expect Linus to try to put two in a system.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

4 minutes ago, fade said:

$600 between 3080 and 3090?  Better be more than 20% performance.

I mean the 2070 Super is basically $600 cheaper(street price) than the 2080Ti while the 2080Ti is only ~25% faster, so they aren't that far away from it.

Hope the cooler is better than the FE on Turing, with the price premium they ask it should really be one of the best coolers not just average.

Just now, Results45 said:

Easy. Just heat up the top edge just enough to be malleable then bend them fins outward.

Poke, bleed out and ENJOY.

Inb4 Linus gets a hammer. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

7 minutes ago, fade said:

If this ends up being true, I'm mad... Why has the midrange option doubled in price in the last 5 years? And it'll likely be more than $400, because that's what the 2060 Super was.

The 660, 760, 960 were all around $200. 1060 jumped to $250, 2060 was $349 (reduced to $300 for the TU104), and the 2060 Super was $400. I can see the 3060 being $450.

I'm not buying that the 1060 is more appropriately succeeded by the 1660... That card succeeds the 1050 ti, the 1650 succeeds the 1050.

Just now, imreloadin said:

I expect him to drop them both.

@LinusTechI want to see him juggle them, and Anthony and Alex's reaction as he does so.

Going to guess that the PCB is shorter than you think it is and that the "backplate" fan is sucking air through what's probably a VRM/memory heatsink.

Both fans (if you use x-ray vision) are rotating the same direction if the card is viewed as if you were looking at any other GPUs cooler with the fans facing you. There's no way that "backplate" fan is pushing air through the heatsink. No way at all.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Oh that’s a big card

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Holy crap that is massive

just wondering why it's a weird brown instead of silver

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900