The RTX 3090 is a colossal triple slot graphics card

illegalwater

Moore’s law is saying 400w with OC for 3090. Apparently this is a different card than the earlier one pictured. This video is at least just short of 9 minutes.  Far far less than the 45 min they usually are.  He made comparisons to the 200 series vs the 4000 series. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Moore’s law is saying 400w with OC for 3090. Apparently this is a different card than the earlier one pictured. This video is at least just short of 9 minutes.  Far far less than the 45 min they usually are.  He made comparisons to the 200 series vs the 4000 series. 

Okay....So give it it's own dedicated WC loop with a 360mm rad.

Unless those are Delta screamers on that card I wonder if that cooler will even be able to handle the stock heat of that monster without throttling.

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

And that's not all, make it suck NINE HUNDRED WATTS

elmo.jpg

Trust me when I say this is gonna be HUGE. and it's gonna BLOW PEOPLE'S MIND I'm telling you because you know I know a guy who's into this and this right here is THE FUTURE. and we need to make it XXL size, with a RAD design that no one has seen before, we don't care about power saving, I mean WHO cares about that?? that kid greta? she knows nothing, I bet she's into AMD stuff, but WE are going to show HER and those greenpeace activists at AMD what power is and how power FEELS yes sir *thunderous applause*

Aaaand... just like that we're ready to work at nvidia's R&D dept. thank me later.

?
I was thinking the whole point would be to make a quiet card.  Apple’s Mac Pro card designs were a lot like this though they used case fans not cooler fans.  Something I don’t know how to do with atx.  It would be sort of a shortened Apple type design.  Their cards could do 350w I think.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I wonder how big the actual card is? I've been planning a PC-O11D build and I want to use that card, albeit with a waterblock on it. I'd hate to have to buy another case.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

9 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

I wonder how big the actual card is? I've been planning a PC-O11D build and I want to use that card, albeit with a waterblock on it. I'd hate to have to buy another case.

The 2080 FE is 10.5" long, so I'd guess somewhere in range of 11-11.5" in length. Height is probably somewhere in line with cards like the 2080 ti Kingpin, maybe a bit shorter. Obviously it's triple slot in width, probably somewhere around 2080 ti Lightening Z or XC/XC2 Ultra Gaming.

I hope they don't put display adapters on the third slot so those of us that plan on water cooling can get a dual-slot bracket for it and save a little space.

Edit: Of course, the above is just speculation based on the cooler. The actual PCB could be smaller than the cooler, but it's impossible to tell from the images.

oh god where are the leaks for the cards that people will actually buy like the 3060 3070 or 3080

SHOW ME MID RANGE RDNA2 LEAKS 😭😭😭😭

😕

6 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

Thing is, why do they expect air to be coming in from the top to that second fan? Most cases are not set up in a way to accommodate that airflow path. I just see it taking away some of the airflow from the CPU area, from the front intakes (assuming we're talking about a standard mid-tower here, intakes in the front/bottom, exhausts in the rear/top).

I'm really looking forward to seeing some thermal testing on these cards.

*cue in hardware unboxed and gamers nexus*

but seriously imagine people setting this up in a vertical mount to show off their new 3090.

😕

Not sure if it's real, that etching of model number seems to be digitally erased & the center part of the bottom fan seems smudged. could be a grotesquely oversized photoshop? the shadows doesnt make sense either(unless weird studio light setting) & the image compression & resolution isnt helping either.

Details separate people.

1 minute ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Not sure if it's real, that etching of model number seems to be digitally erased & the center part of the bottom fan seems smudged. could be a grotesquely oversized photoshop? the shadows doesnt make sense either(unless weird studio light setting) & the image compression & resolution isnt helping either.

i dont think anyone would go through that, why would they lol? i could see it like how nvidia would want to create hysteria, and then to pull off a pro gamer move during the reveal, and show us that its smaller and more efficient, but that seems like too much work

😕

5 minutes ago, ColdPressCoconutOil said:

i dont think anyone would go through that, why would they lol? i could see it like how nvidia would want to create hysteria, and then to pull off a pro gamer move during the reveal, and show us that its smaller and more efficient, but that seems like too much work

Compared to the old original factory leaked image doesnt make sense. this one seems just in proportion.

spacer.png

Meanwhile the one here seems a little extra wonky & artificial.

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3090-graphics.jpg&key

Details separate people.

11 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Compared to the old original factory leaked image doesnt make sense. this one seems just in proportion.

spacer.png

Meanwhile the one here seems a little extra wonky & artificial.

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3090-graphics.jpg&key

The original image is a 3080. This is the 3090.

5 minutes ago, Derangel said:

si

😕

1 minute ago, Derangel said:

"alleged", we don't know yet. I would've believed it a lot more if the image had better clearer details. there was almost near perfect similar 3d renders as this in this color when the original leaks happened. we could be looking at that. who knows. but it's reasonable to believe a 3090 would look the same. not sure if it's that big of a size difference.

Details separate people.

13 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

"alleged", we don't know yet. I would've believed it a lot more if the image had better clearer details. there was almost near perfect similar 3d renders as this in this color when the original leaks happened. we could be looking at that. who knows. but it's reasonable to believe a 3090 would look the same. not sure if it's that big of a size difference.

The perspective is a bit wonky. It seems to make everything look bigger than it is. Either that or it’s two different images stitched  together, which would definitely explain some of the weirdness.

Edit: as for them being different. If the heat and power numbers are right it would make sense for them to do different coolers as it seems like this one would cost a lot more than the alleged 3080 cooler. Of course it could also just be a prototype and not the final design.

6 minutes ago, Derangel said:

The perspective is a bit wonky. It seems to make everything look bigger than it is. Either that or it’s two different images stitched  together, which would definitely explain some of the weirdness.

Real or not, Either-ways my meme prophecy will soon come true.

1517728720_RTX3080LinusDropMemeT_D.thumb.png.ebaf35a88d697062cb831d565bb3e433.png

Details separate people.

For some unrelated reason this entire thread made me miss: ATI, S3 and Matrox... 😛

35 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

The “3080” leak happened before Nvidia switched to Samsung so there will be different chips in it anyway if it is ever even released.  Iirc the tabs were countable though and there were 2. This one seems to have 3. This one up one down fan thing may have originally been intended to be common amongst all the founders edition cards. The leak of the partner 3090s didn’t look like this at all. 

Single point samples of stuff that may be photoshopped with questionable data attached.  No body knows anything for sure until stuff is actually on shelves and because of the 7nm/8nm thing even that is iffy.  The reviewers could even be screwed as well because there no way for them to know which version they got either.

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The “3080” leak happened before Nvidia switched to Samsung so there will be different chips in it anyway if it is ever even released.  Iirc the tabs were countable though and there were 2. This one seems to have 3. This one up one down fan thing may have originally been intended to be common amongst all the founders edition cards. The leak of the partner 3090s didn’t look like this at all. 

Single point samples of stuff that may be photoshopped with questionable data attached.  No body knows anything for sure until stuff is actually on shelves and because of the 7nm/8nm thing even that is iffy.  The reviewers could even be screwed as well because there no way for them to know which version they got either.

wouldn't make much of a difference in end-design of heatsink/shroud either-ways. if they made a working unit & certified it, they probably mass produced a good portion of it by now.  it should look like this by the time it's revealed. unless Jen-San*badumtiss* saw the whole leak just as we did & flipped the whole script & redesigned it. the picture shown here is quite difficult to process with that much quality loss.

Details separate people.

39 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

wouldn't make much of a difference in end-design of heatsink/shroud either-ways. if they made a working unit & certified it, they probably mass produced a good portion of it by now.  it should look like this by the time it's revealed. unless Jen-San*badumtiss* saw the whole leak just as we did & flipped the whole script & redesigned it. the picture shown here is quite difficult to process with that much quality loss.

It is a problem.  If one looks at the pcie connector the 3080 one seems to be significantly smaller (longer connector relative to length) than the 3090 one, but the 3090 connector is so fuzzed up that it can’t be counted on.  Would have to count the actual pins but that can’t be done.  The 3080 shrouds could work for the Samsung chips if they were built to have the same IHS height and produced less total heat.  You can always put a bigger cooler on a smaller chip.  It just runs quieter. More “we will see eventually”.   Size unknown but could be large.  Price unknown but could be high, heat production unknown but could be large. Just not a lot to work with. 

jske58n.gif

If the TDP leaks are to be believed, mobile is going to be even more screwed over compared to desktop :(

Lost track of all the rumours, but let's throw into the mix the "big vram" rumours.

What if... the "3090" has 24GB of vram, but the "3080" and below have more traditional 8-12GB. Thus the top model not only has the higher performance, but you have to pay for the extra vram also. It does seem to be more like a Ti/Titan replacement, where it would be cheap for a Titan, but expensive for a Ti. Unification between the two models isn't a bad thing. It could leave the door open in future for a more affordable 3090 lite (3080 super?), with less vram to go in that price gap, should the competition provoke it.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Highly doubt it. Those Super cards were pretty much a knee jerk reaction to AMD Navi cards.