The RTX 3090 is a colossal triple slot graphics card

illegalwater
6 minutes ago, StDragon said:

That's a huge insult to Twisted Sister. Just sayin.

And twisted sister was a huge insult to political America.  Completely owning al gore, his wife, most of the senate.    I think they got the brains and balls to take it in great humor.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, GDRRiley said:

power consumption is rumored to be high 300s at stock with OC being able to pull close to 500W

some people are talking about how this screams the HD4xx0 launch. rush hot a heavy cards only to get beat by much more efficient and likely faster ones weeks later

maybe NVIDIA are finally stretching their own resources and hot 'n' heavy is all they have for now? AMD and Intel are about to drop something, It won't look good to break a winning stretch by releasing something that performs worse after the competition.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

maybe NVIDIA are finally stretching their own resources and hot 'n' heavy is all they have for now? AMD and Intel are about to drop something, It won't look good to break a winning stretch by releasing something that performs worse after the competition.

yeah thats where the HD4000 launch comments are coming from some people

Samsungs node really isn't that good compared to TSMC

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

So how heavy is this card supposed to weigh in at? Unless you have a bracket to keep it from damaging the system when shipped, and the power consumption rating, water cooling to rad that vent directly out the case should be standard IMHO.

Also, it's a good thing that these cards are generally not seen in my case, all those fins are setting of my sensory issues.

3 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

not a big fan of those prices though

Wow that is a thick boy graphics card.

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

Isn't 1,400 usd cheaper than the 2080Ti at launch?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

11 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Nah, it was $999 MSRP (lol) and $1199+ for the Founder's Edition (and all AIB models).

Dell S2721DGF - RTX 3070 XC3 - i5 12600K

40 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Then I would hope AMD pulls a "Ryzen" and wins at least on efficiency, even if their big Navi only competes with a 3080.

21 minutes ago, turtlecraft said:

Wow that is a thick boy graphics card.

I actually sort of want to see a 5x graphics card.  If one isn’t doing SLI or crossfire why keep it slim? 5x would mean a tube blower with a 120mm fan at either end and some sort of fin stack in the middle. All the good things about a blower cooler with none of the extra noise.  The only annoying part would be all the slots it covered but if you’re not using them anyway who cares? 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

16 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Then I would hope AMD pulls a "Ryzen" and wins at least on efficiency, even if their big Navi only competes with a 3080.

Big navi is looking to be faster while being more efficient given the top end card has ~80CU double a 5700XT

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but I mean scale much?  It does look bigger than reference for sure.  But the first comparison is clearly zoomed compared to the second, look at the overall ratio as well as the size of the PCIE connector/pins between the two cards.

The second looks more reasonable, looks like a strix/FTW3 or extended PCB compared to a reference.  The first is clearly zoomed and not representative.  I guess it would be significant to have the "reference" be like an extended PCB and wouldnt fit in ITX builds, but overall, meh, NBD. 

More concerned with the weird cooler, would prefer to see what partners come up with for it and compare temps.  

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

48 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Nah, 2080ti reference and EVGA basic models (black) sat at 999 for quite some time, only in the last 6-7 months have jumped up like crazy.  I almost bought a black for 1050 new in early 2020.

EDIT - also bought my strix for 1150, and its pretty much one of the top tier air cooled.  COVID messed things up a lot.  Cant get a strix for under 1300 nowadays

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

1 minute ago, Zberg said:

Nah, 2080ti reference and EVGA basic models (black) sat at 999 for quite some time, only in the last 6-7 months have jumped up like crazy.  I almost bought a black for 1050 new in early 2020.

They seem to be around 1300 USD as of now in Canada.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

6 minutes ago, Zberg said:

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but I mean scale much?  It does look bigger than reference for sure.  But the first comparison is clearly zoomed compared to the second, look at the overall ratio as well as the size of the PCIE connector/pins between the two cards.

The second looks more reasonable, looks like a strix/FTW3 or extended PCB compared to a reference.  The first is clearly zoomed and not representative.  I guess it would be significant to have the "reference" be like an extended PCB and wouldnt fit in ITX builds, but overall, meh, NBD. 

More concerned with the weird cooler, would prefer to see what partners come up with for it and compare temps.  

Hmm.. there has to be a standard to measure against.  It’s got to fit in a 16x Pcie slot.  Maybe measure the Pcie pin outs using a blown up photo.  They would have to be both the same and simultaneously known length.

there are apparently photos of two partner cards.  They have 3 8 pin power ports. One is a very standard looking if large triple fan cooler for $1900, and the other is a water cooled one in a blower style case for $1750.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

The prices of AIB are fucking insane if true. There is no way in hell I'll ever pay €1900. I'll stick to my current 1080Ti till it breaks and I have the GTX780 as a spare GPU. That FE 3090 will break my system for 100% sure. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with them to keep increasing the absurd prices, they simply don't know the limits. 

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

32 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I actually sort of want to see a 5x graphics card.  If one isn’t doing SLI or crossfire why keep it slim? 5x would mean a tube blower with a 120mm fan at either end and some sort of fin stack in the middle. All the good things about a blower cooler with none of the extra noise.  The only annoying part would be all the slots it covered but if you’re not using them anyway who cares? 

imagine cleaning dust out of that tho

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

8 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

The prices of AIB are fucking insane if true. There is no way in hell I'll ever pay €1900. I'll stick to my current 1080Ti till it breaks and I have the GTX780 as a spare GPU. That FE 3090 will break my system for 100% sure. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with them to keep increasing the absurd prices, they simply don't know the limits. 

To be fair it’s real real possible the 3090 is a titan replacement not a 2080ti replacement.  

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

imagine cleaning dust out of that tho

I hadn’t considered that bit.  Have to take it apart.  I’ve never owned a blower card though I assume the issue would be similar.  Have to take it apart maybe? Pull one fan and blow the dust out the other side with a can of air using one of those long tubes. Or the whole top could come off the card itself would make the 4th side of the box.  Have to be considered in design.

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

To be fair it’s real real possible the 3090 is a titan replacement not a 2080ti replacement.  

Weird name. Then it should be named RTX Titan Ampère. 

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

19 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Weird name. Then it should be named RTX Titan Ampère. 

Names are up in the air at least outside of Nvidia.  Just last week 2190 was floated and shot down as fake a few days later.

Too big and too power hungry for me

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Well, guess if I buy this it will definitely accelerate my plans to get a nice custom loop built.

Just now, Caroline said:

$2000 to have rAy TRaCiNg!!1! in some secondary light in the level of a game like Call Of Duty you'll only see once during all of your playthrough. OK.

$1400 seems to be the new rumor. Also, your RT information is seriously outdated.

2 hours ago, illegalwater said:

Nah, it was $999 MSRP (lol) and $1199+ for the Founder's Edition (and all AIB models).

It's inline with the 2080Ti UK launch price.