Radioactive Junk PC

SpaceyFoxey

Yo! I’m moving soon and getting rid of bulky stuff. Time to say goodbye to my trusty TV PC, thought you lot might appreciate it

01.thumb.JPG.6c2f596b9edeae73a87f0d8ddbf3b589.JPG

Used it for browsing and light gaming in the living room. Used spare parts and a free Lenovo office pc from gumtree lol, was mostly a fun project to put together 😄

04.thumb.JPG.235ae081497760b83e3315aab12a4e93.JPG05.thumb.JPG.83ee7a6b777fdec6887aee3d16669075.JPG07.thumb.JPG.add9bc4bfe347a89f0545dc2498460fb.JPG

The case is an ikea tub with slightly leaning sides. The motherboard I ripped out of the office pc sits snugly about half way up, resting on the walls.

Used a soldering iron to make the holes in the box, then widened some holes with a scalpel and patience

I put a low profile noctua cooler on the cpu, and with it there was juuuust enough space to squeeze in my old gtx960 on top of it, with enough space for both to get airflow.

06.thumb.JPG.0e0c5fa413a3df57d00fd38a8af0c53e.JPG

Here’s my airflow theory, I dunno I’m not an air scientist, but I think it makes sense. The thing never overheated while using it at least 🙂

Everything gets the fresh air it needs and dumps it out the back side or front corner, with the thin case fan helping out around the cramped cables.

08.thumb.JPG.c1d00913355580e21c86fdb048418d03.JPG

Under the motherboard is a boot ssd, and two 1TB hard drives in raid 1 for funsies. Also, there are two laser modules I got for another project I never finished, so put them into this build. They fire the laser into a fibre cable that I superglued to the front and around the bottom border, so when the pc is on it glows.

That’s it really. Was fun to make, has served me well, and was made out of junk i had lying around. Thanks to everyone on this and other forums who helped me get into hardware, couldn’t do janky stuff without ya 😄

You should put an anxiety warning to the title.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

You should put an anxiety warning to the title.

Was thinking the same, was preparing to pull out my knowledge on decontamination 😄 

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

looks so coooool

i didn't know ikea makes pc cases. and neither did ikea... 

55 minutes ago, SpaceyFoxey said:

Here’s my airflow theory,

ngl it does look like a hotbox... those holes are tiny...

55 minutes ago, SpaceyFoxey said:

I’m moving soon

ok, but why get rid of it now, it does at least look very portable...?

dont get me wrong,  not my thing, but from design  (yes it could be tidied up, but hey)  and idea and execution you get a 9/10 from me, DDTS would be proud!  🙂

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

did you even mount anything with screws? cause the mobo sitting sideways and the gpu being directly above the cooler kinda tells me that nothing is mounted with screws

neat build anyways just dont shake it too much =p