All right I had enough. I am unsubscribing from linustechtips.

avg123

I have been a subscriber for 5 years. I used to regularly watch his videos but in past years his videos have been increasingly annoying. I hate the recent linustechtip store product placements and clickbait titles and Linus's clear bias against Apple has come to a point where honestly I cannot trust his reviews anymore. The latest Google pixel 4 review video "Apple should be embarrassed- Google Pixel review" is clearly so biased that it really made me question his intentions. Its a review of an Android flagship phone, yet he only compares it to iPhone 11 and no other Android phone like Samsung or Huawei  and constantly finds ways to bash Apple instead of honestly reviewing a product. At this point I genuinely think he is kissing Google's ass by praising the Google product on the google platform youtube and taking every opportunity to bash Apple. 

i mean i agree but i still use the forums. :P

although anyone who cares about tech would dislike apple, hes too nice to them imo.

apple is not for people who have any curious tweaking things brain

apple is literally the control ads they had a long time ago.

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Kthnxbye

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Kthnxbye

doesnt mean he needs to leave the forum

there are plenty of people who dont enjoy the youtube channel anymore who post here.

how about we have a discussion on the decline of content quality but incline of camera quality. xD

Honest truth from me: There’s nothing anymore that makes me want to watch LTT videos, I only watch if it’s something I’m passionate about or shows up on my feed. 

I feel the script writing has changed so much that Linus has become ‘cheesy’, more of a character than a presenter. It feels more formal, dilute than before. It’s not necessarily anyone’s fault, just the way the channel has been going.

Those thumbnails need some work. I really don’t want to see someone making a face and taking up 70% of the thumbnail like James Cordon in Carpool Karaoke.

7 hours ago, RelativeMono said:

doesnt mean he needs to leave the forum

there are plenty of people who dont enjoy the youtube channel anymore who post here.

I am one of them, though for different reasons.

Yeah the clickbait titles are juvenile but the absolute disgraceful videography is my main issue.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

The most enjoyable videos are the ones that don't (seem to) follow a script, like x somethings one CPU, the stuff that went into the server room, the construction videos about Linus' carcharger or the wireing of the LAN center, etc.

PC: Screw day theme users, I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CPU: R9 3900X @ 4.375GHz All Core MoBo: ASRock X470 Taichi RAM: 2x16GB Mushkin Redline @ 3200MHz 16-18-18-36 GPU: GTX 1080TI FE @ 2088MHz Cooling: Single 60x360mm rad w/ Scythe Kaze Flex, dual 45x540mm external rads passive, Nickel Plexi EKWB blocks, Alphacool VPP755V3 + Watercool Heatkiller Tube 250, Aquacomputer Quadro Case: Inter-Tech 4U 4129-N PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: 1TB Samsung 980 M2 SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda  Q1 SSD Network: Mellanox ConnectX-3 10G

NAS & Proxmox:

CPU:  Epyc 7302 MoBo: Supermicro H11SSL-i RAM:  8x32GB @ 2666MHz Samsung Registered ECC  Cooling: Enermax Liqtech TR4 II 360 w/ Corsair ML120 Case: InterTech 4F28 PSU: Seasonic Focus PX-650 Storage: 8x6TB HGST + 2x1TB WD Blue SN570 + 2x16GB Intel Optane SSDs Network: Mellanox ConnectX-3 10G

ML-Compute Server:

CPU:  i5 10600K MoBo: MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus RAM: 4x8GB HyperX Fury @ 2133MHz8 GPU: Gainward GTX 1080TI Golden Sample Cooling: Single 30 Case: RackMax 2U 8-Bay Storage Case Storage: 512GB Patriot P300 + 4x2TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS Network: Intel Quad 1G

Laptop: Acer Travelmate B117 (absolutely low power, but 12h battery life :D)

Phone: Oneplus Nord

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34UC79G + 27GL63T Keyboard: KBDFans 65Rev2 Mouse: Logitech G603 Mousepad: Cheap-ass GMB Mouspad Headphones: AKG K7XX  Other stuff: Novation Launchpad MK2, Aune T1 USB DAC/Amp, Behringer UMC202HD + Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Mic

Cameras:

DSLR: Canon EOS 600D (Magic Lantern OS) Action Cam: GoPro Hero 3 Silver

Mountainbike:

Frame: Banshee Legend MKIII Fork: Marzocchi 380 C2R2 Titanium Rear shock: Rock Shox Vivid Air/Coil (switched depending on how I feel) Wheels: Spank Spike Race 33 Tires: Maxxis Minion DHR2/DHF Brakes: Magura MT5 Calipers with Shimano XT Levers Deraileur: Shimano Zee, Casette reduced to 6 Speed Crankset: Truvativ Descendant + 38T FSA Chainring Wheight: 16.4kg w/o pedals

7 hours ago, fabafaba said:

The most enjoyable videos are the ones that don't follow a script, like x somethings one CPU, the stuff that went into the server room, the construction videos about Linus' carcharger or the wireing of the LAN center, etc.

yeah i think the quality took a nose dive when he started using the prompter

7 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I am one of them, though for different reasons.

Yeah the clickbait titles are juvenile but the absolute disgraceful videography is my main issue.

this channel could be in 480p for all i care, i just want some good review content and some builds here and there.

the over production is huge waste of time imo

1 minute ago, RelativeMono said:

this channel could be in 480p for all i care, i just want some good review content and some builds here and there.

I'm a photographer so I notice things like that, and if you have the money to buy a RED camera, and then tear it apart to try to watercool it, then you have the money to hire a proper video team (this also goes for editing)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Up until the Iphone 6 Linus used an Iphone 4s (If I recall correctly) over all android phones as he likes the form actor and that it integrated with what he was using daily. I bet if Apple stopped copying Samsung and made a phone that he could use with his hands I would bet that he would consider switching. His recent escapades with some Apple products are true stories he dealt with. I would be a bit salty if I purchased a $5000 apple product and they cant fix it even if I wanted to pay them. 

The clickbait titles are here to stay since more people watch the videos with those titles and this is the same with the images. This is just an evolution of youtube videos, If you do not like it your in the same camp as many others but we are not the majority. 

The product placement can get old i admit but its so they do not have to bend to the will of products. If they buy the product you know its more likely a review without "talking points" read off a sheet of paper. Products sent to them or sponsored reviews are more a showcase and if they use it. I'm not agreeing with the product placements im just playing devils advocate as the constant "purchase the shirt at ____.com" gets old after the first joke in a video let alone multiple. 

Just now, GodSeph said:

Up until the Iphone 6 Linus used an Iphone 4s (If I recall correctly) over all android phones as he likes the form actor and that it integrated with what he was using daily. I bet if Apple stopped copying Samsung and made a phone that he could use with his hands I would bet that he would consider switching. His recent escapades with some Apple products are true stories he dealt with. I would be a bit salty if I purchased a $5000 apple product and they cant fix it even if I wanted to pay them. 

The clickbait titles are here to stay since more people watch the videos with those titles and this is the same with the images. This is just an evolution of youtube videos, If you do not like it your in the same camp as many others but we are not the majority. 

The product placement can get old i admit but its so they do not have to bend to the will of products. If they buy the product you know its more likely a review without "talking points" read off a sheet of paper. Products sent to them or sponsored reviews are more a showcase and if they use it. I'm not agreeing with the product placements im just playing devils advocate as the constant "purchase the shirt at ____.com" gets old after the first joke in a video let alone multiple. 

once youve taken the sick of linus' youtube channel pill you cant go back.

once youve taken the sick of linus' youtube channel pill you cant go back.

I hear ya. I understand why some people dont like changes and I myself am not a fan of the titles/clothing plugs but I understand they need to change with YouTube or fall to obscurity.

I think Linus mentioned in one of their videos that putting anything Apple in the title gets them more views, hence the frequent mentions of iPhones, MacBooks and such even if the review has nothing to do with Apple products in and of itself.

At the end of the day you can't blame a business for optimizing their content in a way that allows them to make more money. I understand your complaint as well, but then I suppose it's a matter of either being understanding of these practices or simply stopping to follow, which is of course reasonable if you don't enjoy their content anymore.

I'm sorry to hear you're sick of Linus...

Speaking of sick, check out our sick new LTT Swacket! Available at LTTStore.com, check the links in the video description for more information.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

1 minute ago, GodSeph said:

I hear ya. I understand why some people dont like changes and I myself am not a fan of the titles/clothing plugs but I understand they need to change with YouTube or fall to obscurity.

i dont even care about plugs, its not even close to the worst about the channel, and i dont care if he does sponsored content

the issue is that the content is shallow and unfulfilling.

and why do i feel more fulfilled watching some rando build a computer or review a product when its not linus? idk something wrong, i used to feel good after watching linus back in the day pre-2013

You honestly should never use LTT as a source if you want to make a purchase.

LTT is good at doing stupid entertaining stuff with tech like the BGA cpu's on LGA motherboards but that's it.

And yes the LTT store plugs are REALLY annoying and ruin the flow of every single video.

I hate them since they started doing it, still hate them today but I guess it's all about dat money...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

i dont even care about plugs, its not even close to the worst about the channel, and i dont care if he does sponsored content

the issue is that the content is shallow and unfulfilling.

and why do i feel more fulfilled watching some rando build a computer or review a product when its not linus? idk something wrong, i used to feel good after watching linus back in the day pre-2013

I want to see another Antec Lanboy unboxing in the middle of a park on a bench. Most of the content is "shallow" if your talking about technical information. But the boredom is from the current lineup of PC hardware where everything is standard and nothing really crazy comes out since most dont make money. Companies play it safe instead of making snail shell pc cases lol. I miss old pc building where boards where green and Watercooling was a twinkle in a childs eye. 

References:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/lian-li-lets-you-build-a-pc-that-looks-like-a-snail-with-its-new-pc-u6-cowry-computer-case/

7 hours ago, GodSeph said:

I want to see another Antec Lanboy unboxing in the middle of a park on a bench. Most of the content is "shallow" if your talking about technical information. But the boredom is from the current lineup of PC hardware where everything is standard and nothing really crazy comes out since most dont make money. Companies play it safe instead of making snail shell pc cases lol. I miss old pc building where boards where green and Watercooling was a twinkle in a childs eye. 

References:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/lian-li-lets-you-build-a-pc-that-looks-like-a-snail-with-its-new-pc-u6-cowry-computer-case/

it has nothing to do with the market, i promise you.

The market was more shallow in 2012 i promise.

I watched less of Linus once I heard he basically reads the script once a person sponsors him. Back in the day he would give honest remarks about products even if it's sponsored. 

I don't take anything he says to be truth. AMD vs Intel and he claims that it's much better to use AMD. In most benchmarks from other reviewers they show you get more FPS in almost all games. The single threaded performance crown is intel. Single threaded performance is important for games.

The fact that you think ANY LTT video is even close to review is hilarious. Linus & co have never really done reviews. They are mainly overviews at best. Sure they list pros and cons, but they don't give any grade. They give "should you buy it" which doesn't really tell anything. Only time when they do comparison is when its 10 cheap something. Or when newest GPU/CPU comes out. And even then its just heads up and you really should look some other channel instead.

LTTs main stick has been entertainment and it has been like that for past 4-5 years. I've stopped watching their laptop, phone, CPU anf GPU content already for the most part. Laptops and phones I don't care about and will research some actual reviews before buying any. GPUs and CPUs I get better value from Jay or OC3D.

Either way, you really shouldn't have title like "I'm done with <insert channel>". Post your criticism like everyone else has since this forum was created.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, avg123 said:

. The latest Google pixel 4 review video "Apple should be embarrassed- Google Pixel review" is clearly so biased that it really made me question his intentions. 

As far as I can see, the title is "Google may have cut too many corners... - Pixel 4 Review"

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

As far as I can see, the title is "Google may have cut too many corners... - Pixel 4 Review"

They changed the title after original upload, guess they realized it was oofies? 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

If you've been a viewer that long, I'm going to guess you've aged a bit and are a little older....his videos often cater more to the younger audience, and thus, you've more-or-less just outgrown it. Much like you would a childhood show. I watch the odd video, but I don't watch them religiously. A lot of them I find either uninteresting, or slightly childish. Kind of hard to come up with a new video every day though, so I get it.

IIRC he does touch on the things that fall short on the Pixel. They have changed the video so now it says "Google may have cut too many corners"...but I don't really understand why they'd do that. It is a more fitting title, but still. One thing you need to realize about any review, whether you see it or not, there will be personal bias. We're all human. It's simply not something you're going to be able to escape. If you thought he bashes Apple, just imagine what he'd do to Huawei. Also, there have been many videos that are pro Apple.

I wouldn't worry about it though, there's tons of other tech YouTubers out there that might make content more in line with what you're looking for. There isn't really much point in complaining about the direction, as it's not going to change anything; you just have to look at his constantly rising subscription count to see that. He makes merch now, and that needs to be pushed, so those ad spots also aren't going anywhere. At least he makes them slightly comical.

Hopefully you stick around the forum; IMO it's much better than the YouTube channel anyway ;)

3 hours ago, RelativeMono said:

i mean i agree but i still use the forums. :P

although anyone who cares about tech would dislike apple, hes too nice to them imo.

apple is not for people who have any curious tweaking things brain

apple is literally the control ads they had a long time ago.

Uhhh that's not true. Apple more than has it's place in tech. That's a very narrow minded take on things.

I don't like to tweak tons of stuff. I don't OC, I don't play around with voltages, or anything like that, yet I'm still very interested in tech.

3 hours ago, floofer said:

Honest truth from me: There’s nothing anymore that makes me want to watch LTT videos, I only watch if it’s something I’m passionate about or shows up on my feed. 

I feel the script writing has changed so much that Linus has become ‘cheesy’, more of a character than a presenter. It feels more formal, dilute than before. It’s not necessarily anyone’s fault, just the way the channel has been going.

Those thumbnails need some work. I really don’t want to see someone making a face and taking up 70% of the thumbnail like James Cordon in Carpool Karaoke.

Totally agree. The only content I really watch of theirs now are the specials (like them installing stuff in other peoples places, or Scrap Yard Wars), or the odd showcase but only if it's something I'm really interested in, and generally I don't get enough actually useful information so I have to watch someone else's video anyway.

It's almost like they're becoming more...corporate ;)

3 hours ago, Epimetheus said:

Aside from the clickbaity titles, that they change after like an hour, i think that with things they're good at, their videos are really interesting. Especially the quirky projects, you don't see them really often

So it wasn't just me going crazy! I thought they changed them. I never understood why though..

3 hours ago, fabafaba said:

The most enjoyable videos are the ones that don't (seem to) follow a script, like x somethings one CPU, the stuff that went into the server room, the construction videos about Linus' carcharger or the wireing of the LAN center, etc.

Sounds like you like amateur porn LTT more than the scripted stuff, which I agree, but as they grow, that will disappear. Sad, yes, but not much you can do.

3 hours ago, RelativeMono said:

They still do builds here and there.

2 hours ago, Dionyz said:

I watched less of Linus once I heard he basically reads the script once a person sponsors him. Back in the day he would give honest remarks about products even if it's sponsored. 

I don't take anything he says to be truth. AMD vs Intel and he claims that it's much better to use AMD. In most benchmarks from other reviewers they show you get more FPS in almost all games. The single threaded performance crown is intel. Single threaded performance is important for games.

Does he say that it's better to get said processor for gaming only, or is it more broad, as in this is the better processor for all tasks? In gaming, sure Intel generally takes the cake (9700k yes, not as decisive once you go lower than that), but what if you also do video editing, or something of that nature? Then it quickly goes in AMD's favor. You simply can't base everything on gaming, as believe it or not, that's not the only use for a PC.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red