All right I had enough. I am unsubscribing from linustechtips.

avg123

I dont mind the adverts or store plugs at all. First of all they are done as fairly tongue in cheek as they can and secondly thats their entire income, and its because they have so much income that they can afford to do stuff like taking apart really expensive stuff or buying an uber rig to try some random theory that sets them apart from other channels.

I also like how un-biased it is. Not only have I never seen anything that seems one sided - they go to so much obvious effort to be fully balanced. Just because their balanced opinion means they have a negative review of an Apple product doesn't mean they are biased.

There are loads of review and build channels and they are boring. LTT is one of a very few tech channels I subscribe to because of the wide range they do - reviews and builds yes but INTERESTING ones as well - random, "what if" type stuff as well as general tech related "interest" videos.

1 hour ago, Noctus said:

So you're saying they lie? gotcha.

Did I say that? Making assumptions and being media critical are two different things. For example, I don't think Linus has ever called himself reviewer. So imo they are bending the definition of review, and taking their videos as actual reviews means that you can really blame yourself if you base your decisions purely on LMG content.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

OP, are you a equal user of Android and iOS, or do you mainly/exclusively use one over the other?

From my observations, the people who tend to fault experienced reviewers for bias typically are coming from a biased positions themselves. Most reviewers of Linus' experience level - someone who tries a ton of products, from different companies and in different categories - tend to have a lot less bias than their fans, on average, because they are exposed to a lot more variety and don't settle in to one ecosystem as much.

Which isn't to say Linus isn't or can't be biased - everyone has some bias, obviously - it's just that I think he makes a lot of good points when he does critique a platform. I don't get the impression that he goes out of his way to condemn a product unless it genuinely isn't good.

Also, some people will hold companies like Apple to a higher standard; in some ways this makes them true fans because they want the company to keep making good products and improve them, which is good for both the company and consumers. No one benefits long-term from a company that puts out flawed products (well, except for their competitors).

I must be one of the few not negatively affected by what LTT is now.

i think it’s great and don’t find the products annoying. The slow shipping from the LTT Store kinda sucks though 

12 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

For example, I don't think Linus has ever called himself reviewer. So imo they are bending the definition of review, and taking their videos as actual reviews means that you can really blame yourself if you base your decisions purely on LMG content.

image.png.35932edcb98a7ebb31f1b7295a94f4eb.png

?

If they had titled the video "We launch a PIXEL 4 from a SLINGSHOT! Will it BREAK!?" then you might have a point about them not representing their content as a review or not claiming to be reviewers, however the video is titled "Pixel 4 Review" and presented in the manner of a review.

"I have been daily driving the Pixel 4 for over a week now and I have got some thoughts..."

The opening line to the video. He's presenting his thoughts and opinion on the product from having used it. By definition a review. There's no 'bending of the definition' of what a review is at all.

You may feel that the review is not as detailed and technical as you would like it to be, however it's still a review. Leaving 4/5 stars on Amazon saying the colour was slightly different than what was shown in the photos is still a review. Reviews do not need to be technical or go over the entirety of the specifications of a product.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

48 minutes ago, ZivZulander said:

OP, are you a equal user of Android and iOS, or do you mainly/exclusively use one over the other?

From my observations, the people who tend to fault experienced reviewers for bias typically are coming from a biased positions themselves. Most reviewers of Linus' experience level - someone who tries a ton of products, from different companies and in different categories - tend to have a lot less bias than their fans, on average, because they are exposed to a lot more variety and don't settle in to one ecosystem as much.

Which isn't to say Linus isn't or can't be biased - everyone has some bias, obviously - it's just that I think he makes a lot of good points when he does critique a platform. I don't get the impression that he goes out of his way to condemn a product unless it genuinely isn't good.

Also, some people will hold companies like Apple to a higher standard; in some ways this makes them true fans because they want the company to keep making good products and improve them, which is good for both the company and consumers. No one benefits long-term from a company that puts out flawed products (well, except for their competitors).

The thing is the video was originally titled "Apple should be EMBARRASED- Google Pixel 4 review" which shows clear bias against Apple because it is not a comparison video, it is a Google Pixel 4 review. So why should Apple be embarrased? Why is he only comparing the Pixel 4 to an iPhone? If he really wanted to compare it to other phones, he could have also compared it to Samsung and Huawei and other brands. But he specifically singled out Apple to bash it. There are so many things he left out like the Pixel 4 screen is a lot less bright than iPhone or Galaxy or that the gestures only work when the hand is really close to the screen

4 minutes ago, avg123 said:

The thing is the video was originally titled "Apple should be EMBARRASED- Google Pixel 4 review" which shows clear bias against Apple because it is not a comparison video, it is a Google Pixel 4 review. So why should Apple be embarrased? Why is he only comparing the Pixel 4 to an iPhone? If he really wanted to compare it to other phones, he could have also compared it to Samsung and Huawei and other brands. But he specifically singled out Apple to bash it.

You didn't answer the question?

2 minutes ago, ZivZulander said:

You didn't answer the question?

I use Android more than I use iOS and I dont think the iPhone is perfect. But I dont like dishonest videos and I call people out when I think they are.

Keep in mind he's been using the Galaxy Fold as well.

Don't form your opinions by copying whatever he is using for the month. 

11 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

They also call spobsored, and I mean hard sponsored, content real videos. Doesn't mean anything.

Actually it does. It means they aren't trustworthy.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Lol. Have you guys seen any of his livestreams, I could be wrong but I doubt those are scripted. To me, It just seems like that is how he is all the time. So what if his personality has changed? I am sure everyone here has had even a slight personality change. Its not uncommon. Tbh, I enjoy him constantly cracking jokes and such. It is just a funnier way to learn about PC's and such. I am still learning a lot about PC's and his videos help a lot for a newbie like me. I thought I was a gamer when I was buying Peripherals. Now I know what overclocking and watercooling and what refresh rates on a moniter are and what they actually do. all Thanks to LTT

Android phones outside of pixels aren't made by Google tho. 

Apple deserves the bashing. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

3 hours ago, avg123 said:

The thing is the video was originally titled "Apple should be EMBARRASED- Google Pixel 4 review" which shows clear bias against Apple because it is not a comparison video, it is a Google Pixel 4 review. So why should Apple be embarrased? Why is he only comparing the Pixel 4 to an iPhone? If he really wanted to compare it to other phones, he could have also compared it to Samsung and Huawei and other brands. But he specifically singled out Apple to bash it. There are so many things he left out like the Pixel 4 screen is a lot less bright than iPhone or Galaxy or that the gestures only work when the hand is really close to the screen

To be honest, When I think of the biggest phone company, lets be honest, Its apple. But why would he compare the brand new google pixel 4 to a phone that could be sub-par or even equivalent to it. Such as the Samsung, android, Huawei. On and On. He is comparing this phone to the Top Phone company out there for a GOOD comparison. If anything, Apple is taking a compliment. Your logic is critically flawed.

3 hours ago, xARACHN1D said:

To be honest, When I think of the biggest phone company, lets be honest, Its apple. But why would he compare the brand new google pixel 4 to a phone that could be sub-par or even equivalent to it. Such as the Samsung, android, Huawei. On and On. He is comparing this phone to the Top Phone company out there for a GOOD comparison. If anything, Apple is taking a compliment. Your logic is critically flawed.

Both the Samsung Galaxy and the Note  and Huawei and a lot of other brands too are far superior to the Pixel in terms of hardware.

2 minutes ago, avg123 said:

Both the Samsung Galaxy and the Note  and Huawei and a lot of other brands too are far superior to the Pixel in terms of hardware.

But not in terms of popularity. I don't know why you are so hung up on it. So what if he used apple as a comparison. I would do it because that is the most popular name out on the market.

6 hours ago, avg123 said:

they compare it to the iphone because it has the most marketshare. do you complain that they compare amd cpus to intel cpu and not IBM or arm cpus?

11 hours ago, realpetertdm said:

If you do want to see less clickbait-y thumbnails then you better get ready to see quality drops. Clicks are what makes LMG money and you're kind of fucked if you don't use obnoxious thumbnails in YouTube 2019. Why does everyone make the clickbait omg big face thumbnails? Because YouTube is a job and money is important.

Friendly reminder that LMG has 20+ employees and they run 3 channels + Floatplane + LTX

YouTube isn’t a job. LMG is a media company. 

This poor mans is getting so much hate tho. But he did go and hate on a LMG on their own forums.

1 hour ago, xARACHN1D said:

This poor mans is getting so much hate tho. But he did go and hate on a LMG on their own forums.

I'm not hating, there are plenty of people in here who agree with him.

We dont count mods either way.

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

8 hours ago, Ed Edd and Eddy said:

I must be one of the few not negatively affected by what LTT is now.

i think it’s great and don’t find the products annoying. The slow shipping from the LTT Store kinda sucks though 

youre quite literally new though

21 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

I've noticed Linus does title changes with many videos, gotta get that YT clickbait money, just disappointing because it was promised they'd stop and use normal titles.

LMG has enough influence on other tech channels, they could easily set the trend by just having non-clickbait video titles.

The channels aren’t what decide that kind of thing though.  They’re just the medium by which the advertiser influences the consumer (you).

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Who Honestly cares if his channel has changed. If you like the content, Watch it. If you don't, keep it to yourself. No need to go and spread your hate. I love what he is doing and his content is really enjoyable.

20 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

I'm not hating, there are plenty of people in here who agree with him.

We dont count mods either way.

I never said you were hating. However he shouldn't have spread his hate first. I am on your side on this

8 minutes ago, xARACHN1D said:

Who Honestly cares if his channel has changed. If you like the content, Watch it. If you don't, keep it to yourself. No need to go and spread your hate. I love what he is doing and his content is really enjoyable.

I never said you were hating. However he shouldn't have spread his hate first. I am on your side on this

youre talking about the OP right?

im clearly on his site, who were you referring to?

6 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

youre talking about the OP right?

im clearly on his site, who were you referring to?

I am saying that OP should not have started hating. Everyone has a right to their opinion and if they hate something, no need to go share it with everyone else.