All right I had enough. I am unsubscribing from linustechtips.

avg123
On 10/30/2019 at 2:26 PM, Kawaii Koneko said:

And btw, didn't he recently Switch to using an Apple Watch?

Yep, and "due to the abysmal state of Android smart watches" at that! So much anti-apple bias!!!1!

As for OP:

Linus has said this again, again, again, and again. And I'm surprised he hasn't said it here.

This is Apple season, the YT algorithm forces trend following and stifles original content, and thus in order to continue making money you need to follow what the holy gods of the youtube algorithm decide is trendy. This is not Linus or LMG being shills of X company or showing anti-favoritism towards Y. Its a corporation being forced to produce certain content to make money.

Hell, LMG is being nice by changing their clickbait titles after an hour or so. They could be making more money by leaving them, but they don't because they actually care about their media image. As for self product placement? Remember how 4 punctuation marks ago I said LMG is throwing away money by changing their clickbait titles? LMG has margins to meet, and I would personally rather a company shill their own product than a dyson vacuum.

This obviously isn't a direct comparison, but GamerNexus makes a little over HALF of their revenue via the GN store.

Just some food for the thought  : >

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

21 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

It isn't just the filthy casual who uses laptops and smartphones. If anything, it is probably the more geeky and hardcore that actually care enough to want such reviews.

maybe i just sometimes feel like he almost gets more excited about yet another phone (which i personally couldnt care less about and i dont think its neccessaryly part pcmr so to speak) than pc hardware. 

like GPUs can be boring when its a lame release but i still dont like what it says about his interests when gpu releases become meh and when  there a new phone goes omfg did you see the new camera on the oppo galaxy pro max 6 xl 23t ultra

when i fell in love with the format i remember it was case reviews and crazy builds and whole rooms full of watercooling and shit like that and to a somewhat lesser extend they still do crazy shit with cnc milling blocks and shit but that way not the majority of the content and so not really defining the channel. 

how would you describe ltt to someone? cause i swear sometimes it feels like theres weeks filled with notebook and phones and headphones. i get that they need to branch out and what not but i almost feel like id be happier if he had a seperate channel for mainstream product reviews and then one for all the internal projects and crazyness so i could subscribe more specifically to what i wanna see in my inbox. they already do that with techlinked and fap which i rarely watch but often look up to send to friends when im too lazy to explain something to them myself.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Only real problem i have with Apple is there business practices, and the way they group up things when they build them making it more expensive to repair.  Things like trying to stop  a youtuber for showing others how to repair there own computers.  Things like that.  

Well... I'm going to chime in with a BIIIIG tweak: I never really watched LTT's videos... I watched them once or twice, found them annoying/uninteresting, noticed that there was a forum, had a look and found it way more interesting in terms of content. Read in the shadows for a long time and decided to get an account a few months back.

So I can't speak about the bias or not of his videos, I don't watch them, simply put.

3 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

i just sometimes feel like he almost gets more excited about yet another phone (which i personally couldnt care less about and i dont think its neccessaryly part pcmr so to speak) than pc hardware. 

because more phones get released than GPUs and other PC hardware. think about all the big name phone manufacturers out there, an example of some of the biggest ones Samsung, Apple, Huawei, Nokia, Sony, Lg, Htc,  Motorola, Lenovo, Xiaomi, Google, Honor, Oppo, Oneplus, Zte. 

Now let's look at a list of GPU manufactures; Nvidia, AMD. 

That's why, because there's more things that can change in a phone, so more things to actually talk about. with GPU AIBs, the biggest difference between them is the shroud and factory overclocks. there's only so many times you can create a video or build with the same GPU that it starts to become boring.

there's only so many big crazy videos a youtube channel can do before it starts to become cost prohibitive. Because then you get arguments like "well this is a step back from <crazy idea x> they need to do better" 

If you have a suggestions for what you think they should do, there's a whole thread for suggestions.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Apples sucks and people who buy their Garbage are sheep. You wanna leave because of a Video? Farewell than.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

On 10/28/2019 at 6:11 AM, mr moose said:

user: I'm unsubscribing

Linus: sorry, couldn't hear you.

User: I'M UNSUBSCRIBING

Linus: I can't hear you over the new sub notification sound.

Occasionally you make me chuckle.

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

because more phones get released than GPUs and other PC hardware. think about all the big name phone manufacturers out there, an example of some of the biggest ones Samsung, Apple, Huawei, Nokia, Sony, Lg, Htc,  Motorola, Lenovo, Xiaomi, Google, Honor, Oppo, Oneplus, Zte. 

Now let's look at a list of GPU manufactures; Nvidia, AMD. 

That's why, because there's more things that can change in a phone, so more things to actually talk about. with GPU AIBs, the biggest difference between them is the shroud and factory overclocks. there's only so many times you can create a video or build with the same GPU that it starts to become boring.

there's only so many big crazy videos a youtube channel can do before it starts to become cost prohibitive. Because then you get arguments like "well this is a step back from <crazy idea x> they need to do better" 

If you have a suggestions for what you think they should do, there's a whole thread for suggestions.

theres also matrox, intel, qualcomm, powervr etc

4 hours ago, SenKa said:

I always did find it funny that extreme apple haters always seemed more blind and biased than the "iSheep" they supposedly hate :D 

It's made all the more funny when all of their arguments are the generic "this particular Android phone has a feature that the iPhone doesn't" or "the MacBook is too expensive" types.

Please, there are far better reasons to dislike Apple. I hold those reasons and even I'm still willing to admit the iPhone 11 Pro is arguably the best rounded phone on the market.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Were you absent when Apple refused to fix his iMac Pro when he wanted to pay for the fix?

Were you absent when Apple couldn't give him an email address for a media contact?

Were you absent when he praised just about every iPhone after and including the 6S?

Did you miss his praise for the watches?

Linus does a great job keeping whatever he has against Apple bottled up. Most people would be raging in his position.

Godforbid he tries to make money on his own videos.

I'm one of those uncool people who rarely watches linustechtips but hangs out on the forums more...

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you