Wi-fi problems

I recently just turned my PC back on after around 6 months of it sitting around as I have been busy with school and sports etc and now when I go to connect to my home network the speed is super slow to the point where I can't run most games on it. The weird part however is that if I connect it to my hotspot, it gets around a 2-3x stronger connection. Does anyone know why this is? I don't know if it's something in my computer that I need to update or replace or if it's something with my actual network.

7 hours ago, HawkyDragon said:

I recently just turned my PC back on after around 6 months of it sitting around as I have been busy with school and sports etc and now when I go to connect to my home network the speed is super slow to the point where I can't run most games on it. The weird part however is that if I connect it to my hotspot, it gets around a 2-3x stronger connection. Does anyone know why this is? I don't know if it's something in my computer that I need to update or replace or if it's something with my actual network.

Update your firmware router. (You would have to re-apply settings that you had prior). Change WiFi channels. (You can use WiFi analyzer or inssider to scan wifi channels on the PC. Select a channel not being used or is used the least. Can also test all channels if needed for best speed.)

Update wireless drivers.

If playing intense multiplayer games,. Wired Ethernet is the best