Please Help - Installing New RAM

Hey I am just trying to seek a bit of clear advice when installing new RAM.

I have put my PC specs below if someone can help and advise if this will be ok with my build but, I am hoping to add 2 more sticks of 8GB RAM (16GB) the same brand as my current to my desktop.
Is it as straight forward as powering off the system and clicking in the new RAM or is there a certain process I should follow..? If so can someone explain this.

May seem silly asking a question like this but I am not as clued up with these sort of things than potentially some of you guys on here 🙂.

Any help would be much appreciated..

Thanks.

PC Specs

Intel i7-10700k 8 Core 3.8Ghz

16 GBDDR4 Corsair RAM

2TB HD

1TB SSD Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2

256GB SSD Seagate BarraCuda 510 M.2 NVMe

MSI Gaming Trio X 3070

Intel WIFI

Windows 10

Asus Prime z490P

Cooling Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Be Quiet! Pure Bass 500 Case

Corsair 650W CV850x

1X Exhaust Fan

1X Front Fan

1X Air Lid Vent

14 minutes ago, Galapagos said:

Is it as straight forward as powering off the system and clicking in the new RAM

The only thing that makes any difference is if the motherboard has one retention clip or two

14 minutes ago, Galapagos said:

Asus Prime z490P

Looks like this board has two clips, so you will fold open the top and bottom of the ram slot, and push the ram in, and then once they both click closed, you're done. 

Don't forget, ram has a notch in it near the middle, so it can only be inserted one way. It's there to make sure you can't possibly get it backwards. 

If you watch a YouTube tutorial of someone adding ram to a motherboard, you'll see just how easy it is. No software or anything needed.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad