All right I had enough. I am unsubscribing from linustechtips.

avg123
56 minutes ago, Noctus said:

You claim videos with a review title are not infact review videos. So they are clickbaity titles to bring in that revenue. So they are lying. It's not open for interpretation, it's pretty obvious they stick "review" in the title so when john hancock searches youtube for "that new product" their video shows up in the search results or appears on peoples feed.

So when i sell my car i should label it "rare lambo" because i stuck some badges on it? Aye, thought not. Oh and please do "bring it" with your history of internet arguments.

Still gathering lying and bending definition as one. Plus your comparison doesn't fit.

LMG "thinks" their videos are reviews. And sure people might think that too. I'm going after OPs criticism that these "reviews" aren't objective enough (or that Linus isn't clear enough about he's dislike about Apple). With the argument that taking them as objective reviews is viewers mistake. If they would label any purely sponsored content as review, that would be lying. They have been almost clear with those.

In your comparison you know that you are misrepresenting something. Instead of calling basic model lambo special because some unique scratches it has. In latter case it might fill your and some others definition of rare, but shouldn't be qualified as such.

56 minutes ago, Noctus said:

Not my 1st rodeo either. But 1st how about you reply to @Spotty

He made his argument, and I have no objection. This is my argument, and I've had it for a long time now.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Still gathering lying and bending definition as one. Plus your comparison doesn't fit.

LMG "thinks" their videos are reviews. And sure people might think that too. I'm going after OPs criticism that these "reviews" aren't objective enough (or that Linus isn't clear enough about he's dislike about Apple). With the argument that taking them as objective reviews is viewers mistake. If they would label any purely sponsored content as review, that would be lying. They have been almost clear with those.

In your comparison you know that you are misrepresenting something. Instead of calling basic model lambo special because some unique scratches it has. In latter case it might fill your and some others definition of rare, but shouldn't be qualified as such.

He made his argument, and I have no objection. This is my argument, and I've had it for a long time now.

Jesus, your dedication towards LMG is commendable. Spotty is making the exact same argument i am. There is no "bending" of words, titling your video a "review" for clicks then the vid isnt even a review (by your words), is lying. You'd have to be fucking blind or not understand English to think any different.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

2 hours ago, Noctus said:

Jesus, your dedication towards LMG is commendable. Spotty is making the exact same argument i am. There is no "bending" of words, titling your video a "review" for clicks then the vid isnt even a review (by your words), is lying. You'd have to be fucking blind or not understand English to think any different.

That's your argument then, not mine.

Regards,

visually impaired with English as 3rd language

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I watch LTT for entertainment, Jayz2C for crazy water cooling builds and RandomGaminginHD for relevant reviews.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

16 hours ago, RelativeMono said:

My issue with watching the ltt channel is the content. There is a lack of content.

Videos do not equal content, it feels like i might as well be watching dead air. Its super shallow and dull now, just with flashy jump cuts and overkill 8k cameras, literally no one asked for.

See this is where I think the issue lies. Not in clickbaity thumbnails or titles which are what people complain loudly about but in the content itself. Personally I don't dislike the content. For me it's a way of escaping into a sort of tech voyeurism. Like I'll never own an 8K camera until they become mainstream. But seeing them mess around with them is fun to watch (at least for me). Do I miss some of the more mess around with a jank ass computer content. Yeah but at the same time I think LTT needs to move not only with the times but also with the size of their channel. They wouldn't be able to sustain growth in the way they have if they were still shooting unboxings out of Linus' garage. I don't find all of it shallow. There are some videos that are more obviously a bit rushed but on the whole I don't mind the direction the channel is going in. I mean I still pay for floatplane

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

I've switched to GN for their reviews long time ago. They put in work.

Main PC:

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KS SP 116 (124P-102E) (6.1Ghz P-Cores 4.8Ghz E-cores) MC SP 88

CPU Voltage: LLC8 1.525V (real voltage 1.425V + - Temps 85-90 P-Cores, 70-73 E-cores)

Cooled by: Supercool Direct Die 14th gen full nickel

Motherboard: Z790 ASUS Maximus Apex Encore

RAM: GSkill TridentZ 2x24GB DDR5 8600Mhz CL38 (OC from 8000Mhz CL40)

GPU: RTX MSI 4090 Suprim X with EKWB waterblock

Case: My own case fabricated out of aluminium and wood

Storage: 4x 2TB Sarbent Rocket Plus Gen 4.0 NVMe, 1x External 2TB Seagate Barracuda (Backup)

WiFi: BE202 WiFi 7 Tri-Band card module

PSU: Corsair AX1600i with custom black and red cables with 2x Corsair 5V+ Load Balancer

Display: Samsung Oddysey G9 240Hz Ver. 5120x1440 with G-Sync and Freesync Premium Pro 1008 Firmware Ver, and 1x Electriq USB C 1080p 15'8 inch IPS portable display for temperature and stats, MSI 23'8 144Hz G-Sync

Fan Controllers:  6x AquaComputer Octo with 5 temperature sensors

Cooling: Three Custom Loops:

1st Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for GPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, red coolant

2nd Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for CPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, purple coolant

3rd Loop: 1x 240mm PE CoolStream radiator with 1x EKWB Revo D5 pump (RAM ONLY)

Total: 5x pumps and 13x radiators 50x 3000RPM Noctua Industrial fans

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow V3 RGB - Green switches

Sound: Logitech Z680 5.1 THX Certified 505W Speakers

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock

Piano: Yamaha P155

Phone: Oppo Find X5 Pro

Camera: Logitech Brio Pro 4K

VR: Oculus Rift S

External SSD: 256GB Overclocking OS

LaptopMSI Titan GT77HX V13RTX 4090 175W, i9 13980HX OC: P-Cores 5.8Ghz 3 cores and 5.2Ghz 5 cores and E-Cores 4.3Ghz, 192GB of RAM @5600Mhz @3600 (chipset limit),

12TB (3x4TB) of NVMe, 17'3 inch 4K 144Hz MiniLED screen, 4x 17'3 ASUS portable USB-C Monitors 240Hz, Creative Sound Blaster G6 Sound Card, Portable 16TB NVMe in TB4 enclosures (8x2TB), Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock gaming mouse, Keychron K3 gaming keyboard with blue switches low profile, Logitech Brio 4K Webcam.

Hand held: ROG Ally with XG Mobile RTX 3080 with Keychron K3 low profile keyboard (Blue Switches) and Razer Hyperspeed V3 mouse and 4TB NVMe upgrade (WDBlack SN850X), with 100W 20000Mah power bank and portable monitor ROG XG17AHP 17'3 inch 240Hz with built in battery, and 518Wh Power station for Camping.

13 minutes ago, TheNaitsyrk said:

I've switched to GN for their reviews long time ago. They put in work.

And they also put me to sleep.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

36 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

And they also put me to sleep.

Same, GN goes into such a crazy level of detail that even when something attracts me to one of their videos I start wondering why I'm there and leave at the middle since I still had no actually usable information whatsoever yet.

I watch videos to have impressions and feelings, and a little bit of backing those by numbers - not 30 slides of numbers without what they actually equal to in use. LTT videos are just where I like it, and after a few years I know that what Linus and the team like/dislike pretty well matches what I do, so I can confidently use them as a good impression about what to expect.

To be fair I'm not watching their videos to know what to buy but to know what's happening in the field, and I know that the way they present things is as close as it gets to me seeing them in person. And they're entertaining too.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Animal901 said:

RILEY HAS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

No u

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

That kid can't even build.... He's not helping anyone with experience. Just a face. (For people that are into that)

On 10/22/2019 at 12:47 PM, RelativeMono said:

youre quite literally new though

To the forum, not to the channel.

On 10/22/2019 at 4:26 AM, avg123 said:

that the gestures only work when the hand is really close to the screen

There's a whole bit about the gestures not working...that for a moment they worked and it was awesome...then they failed 10 times in a row, with no idea why they failed or what made them work in the first place....you did watch the video, right?

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

So you'd rather that they keep getting sponsored by other companies to promote their stuff and pushing 30 second ad's that completely pull you away from what the video is about, rather than a 2 second "LTTstore.com" placement so they can support themselves? 

Also Linus owned many iPhones because he liked them, he only recently switched in the last couple of years from it as his daily driver to android. 

He's only bagged on about 2 iPhones since he started reviewing them with the iPhone 4 in 2010....thats about 18 iPhones, and he had negative comments about 2 of them....

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

On 10/21/2019 at 4:55 PM, dizmo said:

You do realize his viewership is irrelevant right? That doesn't change the fact that, if you video edit as well, you're better off going AMD. That fact doesn't change because x% of his viewers are gamers.

I have phrased my sentence a little weird. I didn't mean to imply to all of his old videos. I meant the new reviews of the 3000 series of AMD. 

I am not a AMD hater. I love AMD and I hope they soon surpass Intel in gaming, but that day is not today. So his review of saying anything more than gaming is not hitting his audience when recommending for applications that 90% of the people that can careless or do not use. 

On 10/21/2019 at 4:40 PM, Blademaster91 said:

I've noticed Linus does title changes with many videos, gotta get that YT clickbait money, just disappointing because it was promised they'd stop and use normal titles.

LMG has enough influence on other tech channels, they could easily set the trend by just having non-clickbait video titles.

I watch a lot of the OLDER videos. Before the LAME world got to them. Gotta pay bills I guess, Money - Root of ALL EVIL.

If you take LTT for what it is at face value it's intended to be entertaining first, informative second. They have the resources and capital to present projects that the vast majority of tech focused channels can't touch due to financial constraints and lack of partners. Presenting ads before, merch plugs during, and ads after the main subject matter is very distracting from the overall content, something that could be shortened and placed in a few short banners as an alternative. It's my biggest gripe with the channel, I understand the need, but you don't have to cram it down your subscribers throats.   

31 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

Presenting ads before, merch plugs during, and ads after the main subject matter is very distracting from the overall content, something that could be shortened and placed in a few short banners as an alternative. It's my biggest gripe with the channel, I understand the need, but you don't have to cram it down your subscribers throats.   

If you like their content and what they do you can give them $5/month on floatplane and avoid the ads.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

On 10/21/2019 at 8:14 PM, avg123 said:

I hate the recent linustechtip store product placements and clickbait titles

Agreed.

8 hours ago, Kilrah said:

If you like their content and what they do you can give them $5/month on floatplane and avoid the ads.

imagine paying for content on the internet

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

user: I'm unsubscribing

Linus: sorry, couldn't hear you.

User: I'M UNSUBSCRIBING

Linus: I can't hear you over the new sub notification sound.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

God forbid that they put product placement for their store in their video smh.

I'm not sure where you see this anti-Apple bias coming from. I don't watch many of their Apple video but when I do, I don't really notice anything objectionable. If anything, I'm a bit surprised by the praise sometimes.

And btw, didn't he recently Switch to using an Apple Watch?

not to pile on but i also noticed myself watching way les off his video although maybe for different reasons.

i used to watch every video that comes out because well he did cool shit and those were all the videos they released. now theres more variety in their content and naturally theres gonna be stuff amongst it that im not that interessted in. so now i motly watch when they cook up something craz in "the lab" or whatever or when linus uses obscure rare hardware to fix a very specific niche problem hes having. and those are fun...

...but the amount of notebook and smartphone reviews i cant stand. i mean i get it. hes older he became a filthy casual like the rest of us did but to me thats not what i come to LTT for. i dont wanna hear about wich android has the better camera. i wanna see him watercool a raspberry pi with some weird shit he found in china and some home brew ingenuity. 

anyway as far as bias goes i really dont think he has it. some reviews might not be perfect but i dont think they are ill intentioned.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

7 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

...but the amount of notebook and smartphone reviews i cant stand. i mean i get it. hes older he became a filthy casual like the rest of us did but to me thats not what i come to

It isn't just the filthy casual who uses laptops and smartphones. If anything, it is probably the more geeky and hardcore that actually care enough to want such reviews.

7 hours ago, Tegos said:

I do find it kind of funny that nobody says a word when he says positive things about Apple products, but if he does the same for a competitor's product he's "biased" or "kissing google's ass".

Brand loyalty is a stupid thing but some people clearly don't understand that

I wonder if the OP remembers the video where Linus tried to build a comparable machine to an Apple desktop and found the Apple was actually quite competitive in its pricing.

Sounds to me like the complaint isn't that LTT has a negative Apple bias, it's that there isn't a pro Apple bias. Neutrality means obvious praise and criticism. Some people just can't stand hearing criticism about something they have an obvious bias toward.