Decluttr, a phone trading company in the US found out that 70% of singles would prefer to date someone with an iPhone

Dating and phones (poll is private)  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider dating someone who is using a different phone than you?

• Yes
    • No
    • I've given up on dating

Sources: Decluttr blog, Core Communique

It all started while scrolling through my Twitter feed and found this infographic from Quinn Nelson (@SnazzyQ

In a recent survey of U.S. singles, Decluttr, a fast, easy and free service to sell your old tech, discovered that your phone make, model and even its condition can play a role in how your date perceives you.

Among 1,502 singles surveyed, most indicate they notice the brand and/or model of their dates phone right off the bat, and 7 in 10 say theyd prefer to date an iPhone user, with many stating that they feel the iPhone is a more sophisticated and high-quality option: iPhones are classier, when I think of Samsung I just think its kinda bummy.

800x4077xDating-Infographci-Pink.jpg.pagespeed.ic.LDDifNtMkF.jpg

While everyone has the freedom to date whoever they want and I don't think the state should tell you who you should date or not, it doesn't grant you immunity from criticism especially with something as shallow as a phone. My initial thoughts is that Apple seems to have bred a generation of social climbers and fake ass bitches

Personally, I'd rather date someone who has an older phone but has a great personality, has a good sense of humor, and financially stable (doesn't have to be a filthy dirty rich person) instead of just looking whether that person has the latest generation of iPhone. Sure, using an iPhone definitely has its perks (e.g. security, apps, ecosystem, etc) but for people whose preference is based on the phone they're carrying, I don't think those perks have anything to do with your shallow dating preferences. But hey, you're free to do whatever you want to do. But it doesn't give you immunity from criticism like this thread. :P

giphy.gif

Edited by captain_to_fire

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Why am I not surprised xD 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

Need that end to end encryption for lewds via iMessage

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

at first I thought "wow thats ridiculous, who would care"

but actually I would care if she pulled out some POS like this, might be a dealbreaker

img.php?id=40913

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

I feel like I don't want to date 70% of people so what does that mean?

This is also hugely flawed everyone knows the only phones are iPhones and samsungs

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

2 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

at first I thought "wow thats ridiculous, who would care"

but actually I would care if she pulled out some POS like this, might be a dealbreaker

That only indicates to me they're either trying to save money on unnecessary things, or they're a drug dealer. Only have an issue with one of those.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That only indicates to me they're either trying to save money on unnecessary things, or they're a drug dealer. Only have an issue with one of those.

This might sound weird but some people just use phones to call people

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

This such a stupid way to gain free advertising for your company. It's so easy to skew the results of polls like this...for example, if they only gave you the option of "Apple or Samsung", then of course one of them is going to come out ahead, when really a majority of people might not give two shits what phone you use....but, for the results, they had to pick one or the other. I really wish they had the survey available as well, to see what kind of

Really, I'm not worried about the whole "this is what we've become" in terms of dating. But boy is this a new low for marketing.

The only people who will put any weight behind this are the incredibly insecure, and I feel for them.

....I voted I've given up on dating :P Once you reach a certain age, and don't want kids, the ocean's fish supply becomes awfully scarce.

12 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah, I know! Live life in the moment right? Who needs to save. Crazies.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

12 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

He doesn't like cheap people, folks. /s

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

26 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Need that end to end encryption for lewds via iMessage

Well iMessage isn’t the only option for the sexter. Other messaging apps also use end to end encryption like Telegram which is cross platform 

1 minute ago, captain_to_fire said:

Well iMessage isn’t the only option for the sexter. Other messaging apps also use end to end encryption like Telegram which is cross platform 

Given Telegrams recent news, I'd rather not use a 3rd party service when the first party alternative is there and is more than likely more trustworthy. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

4 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Given Telegrams recent news, I'd rather not use a 3rd party service when the first party alternative is there and is more than likely more trustworthy. 

What recent news about Telegram? Pavel Durov declined the Kremlim’s request to for a backdoor. 

It 

I dislike iPhone users, whether men or women. But there's so many. I've drawn some opinionated connections between IQ levels and iPhone owners. I'm not saying owning a iPhone makes you stupid, but users who own iphones from what I noticed are less aware of their surroundings by being obsessed by it. I'm particular in who I'd like to date. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Never been single for more than a couple of months at most. I would hazard a guess that me not being a whiny little bitch who decides whom to date or not to date based on what brand their phone is probably has something to do with it.

EDIT: To be honest, though, I realize I differ from most people. I don't care if you're tall or short, what you have between legs, whether you're black, white or green, if you're an unemployed bum or a millionaire -- none of those things matter to me in the least. All I care about is who you are, your personality. That kind of sets me apart from most people.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I have no preference. 

But I mean, people are petty as fuck if you judge over their choice of platform. 

My best mate uses a fucking Note 3 still with the stock ROM. Why? Because it works, it's cheap, and it does what he needs (texts, music, video) and it looks semi modern. 

idk

11 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

I dislike iPhone users, whether men or women. But there's so many. I've drawn some opinionated connections between IQ levels and iPhone owners. I'm not saying owning a iPhone makes you stupid, but users who own iphones from what I noticed are less aware of their surroundings by being obsessed by it. I'm particular in who I'd like to date. 

Well if you want to start drawing conclusions, data shows that iPhone owners are usually more wealthy than those who own Android phones. 

I personally notice no trends in behavior of iPhone owners or Android owners. 

Why can't everyone just not give a shit and grow up? 

6 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Well if you want to start drawing conclusions, data shows that iPhone owners are usually more wealthy than those who own Android phones. 

I personally notice no trends in behavior of iPhone owners or Android owners. 

Why can't everyone just not give a shit and grow up? 

I did not mention wealth. Wealth isn't a factor for me, intelligence is so if you'd like to try and tell me to grow up sure go for it. 

I don't formulate opinions from anywhere, it's from personal experiences... It's not like I have a strong disgust for the company that's discouraging me from its users... 

If I didn't 'give a shit' then id date any girl who approached me,but you don't see that do you. I notice trends, from my personal life not just data. I'd believe my own 'data' over someone else's. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

4 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

Wealth isn't a factor for me, intelligence is

I like that attitude. Kindness, intelligence and just a generally relaxed personality are all quite appealing things in a person, IMHO. Pretty much everything else is just fluff, stuff that doesn't make or break things.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

"In a recent survey of U.S. singles, Decluttr, a fast, easy and free service to sell your old tech"

Totally not a paid ad.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

9 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

"In a recent survey of U.S. singles, Decluttr, a fast, easy and free service to sell your old tech"

Totally not a paid ad.

Obviously. There's also no saying that they're not deliberately selecting the results that they figure would most likely get a lot of attention on the Internet, like e.g. they could've just given the participants a few, carefully selected questions, basically forcing them into belonging one or the other camp and nothing in-between. It's all very typical.

That said... it doesn't mean it's not an interesting topic, I think. Lots of people do, indeed, latch on to brands, "adopt" them as some sorts of extensions of their own person. It's a pretty scary psychological phenomenon, IMHO, and kind of appalling, too.

I like a woman with a large notch and dual 12 MP cameras. 

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I like a woman with a large notch and dual 12 MP cameras. 

I like mine with plenty of ports and a little pokey bit that sticks up when turned on. (I hope you get the reference) 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

1 minute ago, aki adaki said:

a little pokey bit that sticks up when turned on

giphy.gif