Decluttr, a phone trading company in the US found out that 70% of singles would prefer to date someone with an iPhone

Dating and phones (poll is private)  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider dating someone who is using a different phone than you?

• Yes
    • No
    • I've given up on dating

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

I mean... if your decision to date me depends on what phone I own I don't think I want to date you anymore  xD 

Yeah regardless if someone is judging someone else solely on their possessions and having the latest and greatest shiny new toy that's kinda a big red flag.

I choose more along the lines of:

Mossberg vs Remington

Crash vs Spyro

Gamecube vs N64

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

When they see my BlackBerry they'd run as dry as the Sahara desert & run to the hills :D

or at least so I think

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Besides the fact this study is probably BS, i mean look at the company showing you this "info". I really hope it isnt true, but it would explain a lot.... Also I call BS on people waiting until the 4th date to use their phone

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

3 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Apocalypse can't come soon enough. 

Ikr. Sometimes i read some news about how many people bug their homes with amazon echo and google home type shit and im like "i want off this shit planet!"

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

I mean... if your decision to date me depends on what phone I own I don't think I want to date you anymore  xD 

Id agree for the most part, but generally the things you choose can be ibdicative of personality. That assumes funds to be selective which you couldnt know until you get to know someone. If someone has a shit phone but cant afford better itdoesnt indicate anything. People of means who buy trashy stuff annoy me though.

3 hours ago, Commodus said:

I wouldn't put much stock in this survey, although I will say this: if you go around carrying a phone with a cracked screen... that  suggests you're not just a bit cheap, but careless -- not so much because you dropped your phone as that you're risking cutting yourself on glass.  For goodness' sake, pay a little bit of money and take care of yourself!

(As evidence it doesn't matter to me: I use an iPhone 7, my girlfriend uses a Galaxy S7.)

What if you literally dropped it and broke it that day but couldnt get to the store? Youd be being presumptuous.

theres lvls to it... well you can still go on the date i mean... seeing an iphone says to me "i like expensive shit so get ready to spend mother****er" but the date would be the recon... eeeh thats just me though. I think the story is based on perspectives because i think chicks see an iPhone and think "ohhhh~ he likes expensive shit you better get ready to spend mother****er!"  but the date would be the recon... then again thats  ME those are MY perspectives.

Bolivia.

13 hours ago, Yoinkerman said:

This might sound weird but some people just use phones to call people

What is this "call" action you speak of? I've heard of texting a facebook, but that one is new to me...XD

Being serious, I am disappointed more that this is a study at all than I am at the actual results of the study

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

I'd date a hot girl even if she used a Nokia 3310, I don't discriminate. ^_^

4 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Apocalypse can't come soon enough. 

Somehow I get the feeling we are in an alternate universe, and we are the messed up one where everything has gone wrong.

On the other hand, this study makes sense, if you look at a phone as a status symbol of your socioeconomic status. iPhones are known to be more expensive on average than Android phones. I do find myself judging people with a cracked phone screen, even tough I know it is stupid and phones are expensive to replace.

Same thing applies: would you date someone...

- who wears broken glasses/ repaired with duct tape

- Drives around with a dented car / cracked windshield?

- Has a shitty trailer for a house

- Wears clothes with holes in them

- etc. etc.

At a certain point, people want to date someone in the same socioeconomic group as themselves, and don't want to be embarrassed to introduce them to family or friends.

39 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

People of means who buy trashy stuff annoy me though.

If you think something is a waste of money there's no point in buying it even if you have the money...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The cracked screen thing is true for me.  I see people using phones with smashed screens....it does say a lot when someone doesn't or can't spend $30 to fix something that they use for a large portion of the day.

And yeah iMessage is *the* standard for messaging.  It just f-ing works.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

11 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Somehow I get the feeling we are in an alternate universe, and we are the messed up one where everything has gone wrong.

On the other hand, this study makes sense, if you look at a phone as a status symbol of your socioeconomic status. iPhones are known to be more expensive on average than Android phones. I do find myself judging people with a cracked phone screen, even tough I know it is stupid and phones are expensive to replace.

- etc. etc.

At a certain point, people want to date someone in the same socioeconomic group as themselves, and don't want to be embarrassed to introduce them to family or friends.

It just seems sad, specially to what extent this goes even.

Why would I care about someone having better phone, means nothing and a cheap phone nowdays is good for most people who just use them for social media all day anyway. I look at it more like someone spending close to $1000 each year for a phone as a moron. Cracked display can be very expensive to replace too. But no I wouldn't care about that. To mention depends in what countries everyone live, in many places phones are much more expensive than say US.

I doubt what phone someone haves is even comparable to those things from list though.

Nothing wrong with dating someone who's not earning as you, you're embarrassed by that?

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

wouldnt date a girl with a galaxy s9 though! her family and friends would get all my nudes!... her granma sexting me after midnight... dang... gotta get me a s9 girl...

Bolivia.

Ask why they're using the phone they're using. Then decide if the reasons indicate a person you'd want to date.

Or in other words... use the phone to get to know them. 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

1 hour ago, Doobeedoo said:

I doubt what phone someone haves is even comparable to those things from list though.

Nothing wrong with dating someone who's not earning as you, you're embarrassed by that?

The phone is just one current day indicator of someones socioeconomic status (or at least it used to be, nowadays more people buy midrange phones because they are plenty good). Just as a fancy car or a big house are /were, to a greater degree.

Not saying the opposite is not possible, and not speaking for myself, But yes, research has shown that people like to date and marry people in the same socio-economic group as themselves.

Socio-economic status does not only have to do with money / salary. Also: level of education, general interests, etc. etc. It also goes both ways. Someone in a "lower" socio-economic group would rather not bring home / to friends from a "higher" group (for fear of people thinking this person thinks they are "better" than them; for example: "Oh your boyfriend thinks he is so smart with his fancy college degree and fancy clothes doesn't he"). That is just the way people are.

2 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Ikr. Sometimes i read some news about how many people bug their homes with amazon echo and google home type shit and im like "i want off this shit planet!"

Id agree for the most part, but generally the things you choose can be ibdicative of personality. That assumes funds to be selective which you couldnt know until you get to know someone. If someone has a shit phone but cant afford better itdoesnt indicate anything. People of means who buy trashy stuff annoy me though.

What if you literally dropped it and broke it that day but couldnt get to the store? Youd be being presumptuous.

Depends on what you mean by trashy. I have a phone that costs 270 bucks. It's a j7 and does everything I want it to do. If the more expensive phones did anything that I actually cared about then I would get one but tbh i just use it to call text and use this forum so I don't need much. I mean just because you can spend more doesn't mean you should. 

2 hours ago, maartendc said:

- etc. etc.

Cracked windshield is dangerous and should be fixed but having a dent in a car does nothing to its functionality. No point in spending the money to fix something so superficial. If it was cheap to fix then yeah go ahead but it usually isn't worth the cost the. 

I would definitely prefer to date someone with an iPhone.

Just imagine how easy it would be to get money out of that special someone. You could just say "the coffee is made with magic!" and you would be flooded with money (and apple gadgets)

58 minutes ago, maartendc said:

The phone is just one current day indicator of someones socioeconomic status (or at least it used to be, nowadays more people buy midrange phones because they are plenty good). Just as a fancy car or a big house are /were, to a greater degree.

Not saying the opposite is not possible, and not speaking for myself, But yes, research has shown that people like to date and marry people in the same socio-economic group as themselves.

Socio-economic status does not only have to do with money / salary. Also: level of education, general interests, etc. etc. It also goes both ways. Someone in a "lower" socio-economic group would rather not bring home / to friends from a "higher" group (for fear of people thinking this person thinks they are "better" than them; for example: "Oh your boyfriend thinks he is so smart with his fancy college degree and fancy clothes doesn't he"). That is just the way people are.

Sure people love to have same interests and want to be sure other can support it self. 

I really doubt between two normal people they'd care what someone else may think about either of them. There are many stupid people, but I've never people to such extents that they'd feel ashamed of introducing the other one to their friends or whatever cause of differences of such status. Not talking about someone homeless or someone who didn't even finish highschool though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

See, what I go off of is if you know what the Handyman's Handle is and what your favorite map is. /s

I hear you make 300k an episode, I wouldn't worry about how to get girls. 

My girlfriend had a HTC First when i met her (yeah it was bad) in the end i bought her an iPhone cause i live in a house where at the tie we had no signal so sms wasn't working to good and at the time WhatsApp/FB Messenger wasn't as big as it is now. Honestly it saved our relationship now we both have iPhone Xs cause #applefanboys

I lurk a lot