Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, Akshay07V said:

Indian roads are bad. So bad that even a stock bmw 3 series will scratch the ground very often

My suggestion would be just to buy something more appropriate that's already got decent ground clearance. Air ride systems have come a long way but they still don't offer the pliancy or damping performance of an OEM setup. 

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

2 hours ago, Akshay07V said:

Indian roads are bad. So bad that even a stock bmw 3 series will scratch the ground very often

Do you really want to risk messing up a nice car if your roads are awful? 

the roads are kinda bad where I am (still paved; just full of divots and holes) and I kinda dislike driving my Miata on them as I feel like I’m unnecessarily beating up the car lol. So I bought a cheap beater to get to work in that I care much less about keeping nice.

im sure India may be worse in some places. You’re still gonna have to worry about messing up wheels; and just overall wear on suspension will be higher on bad roads. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 minutes ago, HM-2 said:

My suggestion would be just to buy something more appropriate that's already got decent ground clearance. Air ride systems have come a long way but they still don't offer the pliancy or damping performance of an OEM setup. 

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

im sure India may be worse in some places. You’re still gonna have to worry about messing up wheels; and just overall wear on suspension will be higher on bad roads. 

Ok  I will consider buying something else then .

Anyways there is plenty of time left.

Thanks for the advice btw.

Newbie. Please forgive me if I say anything wrong. 

So this 530 sold within a few hours of me prepping it last week, was collected by its new owners today, to say I'm jealous is putting it lightly. Lovely car and one of a handful of G31s painted in San Marino Blue and was the only one currently for sale. Being tempted by a couple white ones for sale as the next daily 👀

20200626_151254.jpg

20200626_164344.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

So this 530 sold within a few hours of me prepping it last week

Are those M Performance wheels? They're definitely nicer in the flesh than they are in the catalogue if so.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

Just saw this on Instagram, and I've never seen a gear messed up this badly before. Anybody know what could have done this?

Screenshot_20200627-151328.thumb.png.4f9adacd868f39d0c4471f3d248ae4cf.png

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

23 minutes ago, HM-2 said:

Are those M Performance wheels? They're definitely nicer in the flesh than they are in the catalogue if so.

Do believe they are, best looking wheels for it I reckon.

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

Whats the best spot to put blind spot mirrors?

For when you want driver assist off. 

I am pretty much settle on upper(feel free to suggest anywhere), but left of right, and if it can be good to put the 2 side both to the upper left.

8 hours ago, dcgreen2k said:

Just saw this on Instagram, and I've never seen a gear messed up this badly before. Anybody know what could have done this?

Obligatory @TVwazhere tag

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

How did I miss this lol

@MEC-777

Also

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

7 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

#justfocusthings

Just a random observation. Throttle House did their drag race at Dunnville Airport, whose runway is infamous for being the home of Canada's Worst Driver for almost a decade.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I did buy a sandblaster gun to see if it would work with my air compressor and it did.

I tried a little bit on my model T frame.

I got to drive a 1927 model T and that sparked my motivation to really start on my model T project. 

20200625_203239.thumb.jpg.ba9c93bc9201cb2bc7f9fd03c06d135f.jpg

20200625_203046.thumb.jpg.b7f637bbae20b27a6d5f909cc1fbb325.jpg

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

32 minutes ago, Oskar94a said:

I did buy a sandblaster gun to see if it would work with my air compressor and it did.

I tried a little bit on my model T frame.

I got to drive a 1927 model T and that sparked my motivation to really start on my model T project. 

Fancy coming to the UK and doing the underside of my clio lol

On 6/27/2020 at 3:19 PM, dcgreen2k said:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200627-151328.thumb.png.4f9adacd868f39d0c4471f3d248ae4cf.png

On 6/27/2020 at 11:26 PM, JoaoPRSousa said:

I'm just glad mine werent that bad. That's bad enough that the car lost that gear entirely. I just had the teeth on the synchro gears go bad (which I believe is user error rather than mechanical error/failure)

Spoiler

IMG-0774.thumb.jpg.13f3e59d59fca08c8a378adf71d0ab3a.jpgIMG-0778.thumb.jpg.8a6da1bc6229dc572e2b8b1194565dd3.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

image.thumb.jpg.b7a79ee16d8072e3eaa793bcf90de8f2.jpg

I need to clean it

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

new car ordered... so the passat has EOL for me november (long delivery) it hits 3 years of age 1/10 2020 

hope i am not getting dissapointed, cause i really did not get that much test driving in, and again cars are expensive as f*** i Denmark, so i had to go plugin to get some sort of tax deduction, so ended up in a 

330E G21 Sportline (M-sport exceeded my pricepoint) in red metallic (i know, but the wife did not want two blue cars, and the polo gti is reef blue) the sportline has the important bits, sportsseats, big screen, digital dashboard, connect pack (wireless carplay, nav and so on) and some "alloys and "visual performance bits"", got the towbar and backup camera (wife has gotten used to having it on both cars)

it is the "strongest" car i have owned with the shared power output of 292HP and 0-100 in 5.8 the GTI is a bit slower with it´s 200HP... would have loved a M340i but had to give in.

hope i get past loosing a lot of extras... love the Giant Dynaudio stereo in the Passat, and the Sportline only has the "hifi system" and i know the Harman stereo in the BMW is a big dissapointment compared to the dynaudio, so was not worth the upgrade. 

Does anyone know anything about the 955 and 957 Cayenne? 

I'm curious about the blank buttons around the climate control buttons. As you can see in the picture below, there is a vent selection on the left, the eco mode button, and then the rest buttons for maintaining temperature when the vehicle is off. I've seen other pictures (can't find one now) for Cayennes equipped with the dual zone vent control where there are vent selections on the left and right of the control area. But in that case I did not see a rest button, just the eco one. Not sure if rest was an option or what the deal is there.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what would fill all the buttons? What buttons would be there on a fully loaded model? Would there still be blanks that were never used? If anyone has a picture of what that would look like, I would appreciate it.

2010_porsche_cayenne_tempcontrol.jpg

26 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Anyway, can anyone tell me what would fill all the buttons?

my grandpa could tell me what could fill it up

its probably automatic tire fill up

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

6 minutes ago, sub68 said:

my grandpa could tell me what could fill it up

its probably automatic tire fill up

Hmm. I've never heard anything about auto tire fill up on the 955/7. I know that vehicles equipped with the air ride have an onboard air compressor but that requires you to hook up a hose to nozzle under the passenger seat and fill up each tire individually. I'm not aware of needing to push a button to activate it either; it just works while the car is running.

But if you could ask your grandpa if he knows, that would be awesome.

I did think of joining a Porsche forum to ask but I figured I would ask here first.

45 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

I'm curious about the blank buttons around the climate control buttons. As you can see in the picture below, there is a vent selection on the left, the eco mode button, and then the rest buttons for maintaining temperature when the vehicle is off. I've seen other pictures (can't find one now) for Cayennes equipped with the dual zone vent control where there are vent selections on the left and right of the control area. But in that case I did not see a rest button, just the eco one. Not sure if rest was an option or what the deal is there.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what would fill all the buttons? What buttons would be there on a fully loaded model? Would there still be blanks that were never used? If anyone has a picture of what that would look like, I would appreciate it.

Multizone/auto climate control i would assume

11 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Multizone/auto climate control i would assume

That's a good thought. So some kind of control for the rear zone climate control if the vehicle is equipped with the quad zone climate control? I'm wondering if that would be a simple on and off switch or individual controls for left and right in the rear...

I found another picture. As you can see this one has control for the left and right vents but also what looks to be a button for turning the rear vents on and off but no individual temperature controls. I'm not sure if that would be another option or if on/off is your only option for rear control. This one lacks the auto or rest mode button but as you can see, it has been moved above the controls. So I am assuming button layout and locations greatly changes based on elected options...

Still, I'm wondering if it is even possible to fill them all up or if there will be blanks. There are still four blanks here so I'm wondering what else would fill them up.

T2G03H.jpg

1 hour ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

You can probably go trough the manual for the car and find out if there are any buttons for some extra features the car doesn't have.
Also it is possible that there are some buttons that are always meant to be blank.

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO