Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

14 minutes ago, Bitter said:

It'll be a race to see which engine shits the bed first!

Pentastar has valve seat and rod bolt stretch problems, haven't heard a lot about the 2.7 from Ford yet.

Hopefully more reliable.

The Second Generation of the 2.7L EcoBoost Engine

Ford introduced the 2018 model year Ford F-150 with the second generation 2.7L EcoBoost V6 engine. The upgraded engine got a number of changes similar to the second gen 3.5 EcoBoost. The most important changes include the direct injection combined with port injection, a new high-pressure exhaust gas recirculation system (EGR), dual-chain camshaft drive system with new lightweight camshafts, new turbochargers with an electrically actuated wastegate, and an electronically controlled variable-displacement oil pump. Together with other small changes, including those aimed at friction reduction, new 2.7L V6 engines became more efficient and reliable than the previous generation.

Source (I have no idea if this site is good or not)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

It'll be a race to see which engine shits the bed first!

Pentastar has valve seat and rod bolt stretch problems, haven't heard a lot about the 2.7 from Ford yet.

2.7's issues were more or less fixed with the second gen having dual injection. That being said carbon build up is a issue on all engines with DI only. I'd recommend anyone with a DI engine getting the valves cleaned between 50-80k miles for the carbon build up. I see a lot of keeps at work with well over 200k miles on them I'd say they are both decently reliable.

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Hopefully more reliable.

Early ones had carbon build up issues just like the first gen 3.5 after they added the dual injection they were fine. 

6 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

2.7 is a more compact engine I believe. Would fit better.

The 2.7 and 3.5 were both used in the F150 and are about the same "size" roughly.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

39 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

The 2.7 and 3.5 were both used in the F150

Irrelevant, Bronco is based off of the Ranger platform, not the F-150.

10 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Cant believe no one's brought up the Bronco Yet. Y'all must be on discord 😛 

https://www.ford.com/bronco/

Jk7GwRQ.png

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

31 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Irrelevant, Bronco is based off of the Ranger platform, not the F-150.

Ok then 🙄

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

12 hours ago, vetali said:

Spoiler

Jk7GwRQ.png

I knew it

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

honestly I like the bronco (non sport) as a little offroad vehicle with the 2.3L and the 7 speed manual. Though admittedly the V6 would be better if you needed to tow little things. Also, the possible approach angle with the big tires looks insane. Prob will be pretty good offroad

I don't care for the Bronco Sport. I think it's a "I live in the city but I want everyone to see I have a Bronco" kinda car.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I personally like the new bronco. Not the Bronco Sport though. They should have made it a bit more off-roady, but otherwise its design is nice.

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

Coyote swapped Bronco when? If that even fits

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

39 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

if it doesnt fit you need a bigger hammer ... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

On 7/14/2020 at 11:53 AM, TVwazhere said:

Hopefully more reliable.

its a ford made in the last 30 years it won't be.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

2 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Funny thing is it should bolt right up to the transmission since the mustang 2.3 uses the same exact manual transmission as the 5.0 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

On 7/15/2020 at 8:06 AM, TVwazhere said:

I knew it

Too bad it was just a concept vehicle that will probably never be put into production and if it did it would be very limited majority of buyers would probably not even buy one. That being said I'd take the better gas milage and the better torque numbers of the 2.7 over the 5.7 hemi. Simple intake tune and downpipe and the power at the wheels would be a lot more for not that much money.

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Funny thing is it should bolt right up to the transmission since the mustang 2.3 uses the same exact manual transmission as the 5.0 

Not sure why you would when you can get the same hp and a lot more torque with simple mods and a tune with the 2.7 while getting better gas milage. If I'm not mistaken isn't rock crawling and off road more dependent on low end torque? If so a twin turbo v6 is going to make a lot more down low with very few mods then the 5.0 engine without boost. 5.0 isn't exactly a torque monster down low.

20 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Not sure why you would when you can get the same hp and a lot more torque with simple mods and a tune with the 2.7 while getting better gas milage. If I'm not mistaken isn't rock crawling and off road more dependent on low end torque? If so a twin turbo v6 is going to make a lot more down low then the 5.0 engine without boost. 5.0 isn't exactly a torque monster down low.

I'm skeptical a 2.7L engine can make more torque at very low rpm than a 5.0L engine.

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Oh wow, I can just imagine then xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

15 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'm skeptical a 2.7L engine can make more torque at very low rpm than a 5.0L engine.

It can and will with a few mods. Should edit my last post. 

46 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Not sure why you would when you can get the same hp and a lot more torque with simple mods and a tune with the 2.7 while getting better gas milage. If I'm not mistaken isn't rock crawling and off road more dependent on low end torque? If so a twin turbo v6 is going to make a lot more down low with very few mods then the 5.0 engine without boost. 5.0 isn't exactly a torque monster down low.

You realize that turbos need exhaust pressure to spool and make boost...? A turbo engine is usually lacking in low end power. An NA engine is usually better for low end grunt, or a supercharged engine if you want a mix of both making compromises at both rnds of the powerband.

12 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

It can and will with a few mods. Should edit my last post. 

So now we gotta mod a brand new vehicle instead of just... putting an engine in that makes more torque. Mod it all you want, unless those turbos are spooling, you aren't making more torque.

17 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Imagine making peak boost the instant you press the throttle

Naturally aspirated engines make peak boost at idle DUH

10 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

So now we gotta mod a brand new vehicle instead of just... putting an engine in that makes more torque. Mod it all you want, unless those turbos are spooling, you aren't making more torque.

Mod to make more stock GT only makes 430tw at the crank the 2.7 makes 400. Still going to make the torque sooner then the 5.0. 5.0 doesn't make peak tq till around 3.5-4k rpm. 2.7 makes it sooner same with the 2.3 I had before I got my GT. 2.3 with just a intake tune and downpipe made more tq at the wheels sooner then the GT stock. I'd bet you'd match stock 5.0 tq with just a tune that you can get from Ford racing that wouldn't void your warranty. Truth is unless your at WOT with the 5.0 your not making the tq numbers it's advertised at either what's your point?

27 minutes ago, Ae86 said:

You realize that turbos need exhaust pressure to spool and make boost...? A turbo engine is usually lacking in low end power. An NA engine is usually better for low end grunt, or a supercharged engine if you want a mix of both making compromises at both rnds of the powerband.

There is a peddle on the right press it. N/A motors don't make their peak HP and TQ unless your opening the throttle buddy.

23 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

-snips-. Truth is unless your at WOT with the 5.0 your not making the tq numbers it's advertised at either what's your point?

Point is you need turbos to spool to make torque, low speed stuff you're not always running at mid-high rpms. Modding is a dumb argument, when you're buying a vehicle straight from the manufacturer you shouldn't have to mod it to make it better than an option they could have done otherwise.

It's very clear when you drive these trucks with these engines that the turbo ones are dogs.

Exp:

3 gens of 5.4
2 gens of 3.5
2 gens of 4.6

Guess which ones suck off the line? The turbo engines.