Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Current DD- 2017 M140i in Alpine White

IMG-20200518-164008-S.jpg

IMG-20200518-164008.jpg

Will probably be replaced with either a 340i M-Sport touring with the M Performance Power and Sound Kit, or a C43 AMG estate, in the new year, as it's a little small for carting around all the crap which comes with being a new dad.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

So can anyone point me in the right direction with this break issue?

The problem I'm having is with the front break of the XV535, the break feel is great for the first few mm of the lever travel and then it soetof binds or something and then once you overcome the binding bit the break bites down very hard and the front fork dives like a fucking submarine because it bites in so hard. Emergency breaking is more or less impossible to do in a controlled way...

I'm not sure what's making it bind, if it's something in the mastercylinder or if the piston or the caliper is the issue.

If I push the lever while I'm stationary the lever feel is very choppy and it binds up at several points and then goes smooth for a little bit and then it binds again. If I push it a few times it can suddenly feel perfect and then I change the way I push in the lever and it binds again.

Issue appeared after I swapped my tires :(

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

It turns out Citroen just copied the design of the Yugo Florida for the ZX...

Yugo Florida '1988–2002

A Quarter Century of the Unexceptional – Citroen ZX – Driven To Write

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Not sure if you've seen this but... active wing struts? On their GTR I believe.

@MEC-777 @bcredeur97 @warmmilk

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Help restore a JGTC Supra!

https://www.makuake.com/project/toms-supra/

detail_10550_15917797004734.jpg?width=64image.png.b75e7a91f71e3e9d59df1e8f69f319b1.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

9 hours ago, HM-2 said:

Current DD- 2017 M140i in Alpine White

340i M-Sport touring

Oh yes, very nice car and very nice choice for the replacement too xD

9 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

So can anyone point me in the right direction with this break issue?

The problem I'm having is with the front break of the XV535, the break feel is great for the first few mm of the lever travel and then it soetof binds or something and then once you overcome the binding bit the break bites down very hard and the front fork dives like a fucking submarine because it bites in so hard. Emergency breaking is more or less impossible to do in a controlled way...

I'm not sure what's making it bind, if it's something in the mastercylinder or if the piston or the caliper is the issue.

If I push the lever while I'm stationary the lever feel is very choppy and it binds up at several points and then goes smooth for a little bit and then it binds again. If I push it a few times it can suddenly feel perfect and then I change the way I push in the lever and it binds again.

Issue appeared after I swapped my tires :(

New lines? Idk really

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 hour ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Oh yes, very nice car and very nice choice for the replacement too xD

Cheers. Had it 2 1/2 years and about 26k miles so far and really enjoyed it, incredible engine even if the chassis is a bit lacklustre. Could really do with a limited slip differential but I've never been able to justify the ~£2k for the M Performance one and am still under warranty so don't want to go aftermarket.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

Great start to my first week back at work 

20200622_094958.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

17 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

20200622_094958.jpg

i see the issue ... your steering wheel is in the wrong side of the car :ph34r:

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

46 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

i see the issue ... your steering wheel is in the wrong side of the car :ph34r:

Good thing too otherwise id have had airbag implemented into my head and all

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

14 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

You went full retard or did someone go full retard on you?

2 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I'm gonna guess option 2. 

He's opinionated/indecisive when it comes to what car he likes, but as far as driving ability and condition of all the cars he's owned I have no reason to suspect he did it/ was at fault.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I'll take Things That Were Already Explained in Discord for $500.

6 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I'm gonna guess option 2. 

He's opinionated/indecisive when it comes to what car he likes, but as far as driving ability and condition of all the cars he's owned I have no reason to suspect he did it/ was at fault.

3 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

This ^

But for those who arent in there, Audi A1 driver decided to reverse out onto the road from behind a parked car straight into the side of me

First accident I've had in nearly 3 and a half years of driving, thankfully not in one of my own

4 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I've been away due to having to focus on other stuff but I'll look it up, thank you, sir, for the heads-up.

32 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

This ^

But for those who arent in there, Audi A1 driver decided to reverse out onto the road from behind a parked car straight into the side of me

First accident I've had in nearly 3 and a half years of driving, thankfully not in one of my own

I see I see, Audi mandem goes full retard on a JLR worker driving a Ferd

16 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I've been away due to having to focus on other stuff but I'll look it up, thank you, sir, for the heads-up.

I see I see, Audi mandem goes full retard on a JLR worker driving a Ferd

mandem lol

3 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

This ^

Aouch...

...New sparkplugs installed. Beemer engine purrs like a kitten, roars like a lion.... 😍

More related to my R33 recently. 

Drained out the coolant and filled with coolant flush & demineralized water to flush the system in intacipation of fitting the new alloy radiator. 

Replaced the manual shifter surround with a brand new (old stock) one

image.png.af5864f42eac905971caf0bea3930cf8.png

Pulled out the old washer bottle and replaced with a washer bottle + oil catch combo. Fitted with new OEM washer pumps, and used a GT-R mounting bracket slightly customised to mount it into the GTS-T. When I get to doing the engine covers im going to fit AN fittings, and will run some black braided tubes instead

image.png.ae8979ec5f89bcb41dc4b70d83a32184.png

Next though is to remove the brake calipers and pull them apart to send them off for media blasting & powder coating. 

I have a full rebuild kit, new brake rotors, performance pads and braided brake lines to go in once they come back. 

image.png.d16b79503325c4fc1c102f03d48a94e8.png

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

Guys, I’ve honestly been patient with this covid thing but it’s like all of a sudden today I like... just want to be done with it. 

It sucks :/ 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

32 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Guys, I’ve honestly been patient with this covid thing but it’s like all of a sudden today I like... just want to be done with it. 

It sucks :/ 

I wish we had less traffic again, that was nice. There's still less than before but not as much less as a few weeks ago. It's still a lot better for me driving to and from work generally but it's picking back up.

16 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I wish we had less traffic again, that was nice. There's still less than before but not as much less as a few weeks ago. It's still a lot better for me driving to and from work generally but it's picking back up.

Back in late March I could make it home in 11 minutes. Now I am back to 25-35 minutes. The AM commute is pretty light still.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Front brake issue seems to have lessened or gone away. Very strange but nice I guess

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Chicago drivers?

MY RIG | Intel Core i5-4690K @4.4GHz | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS Z97-A  | Mismatched 24GB RAM @1600MHz DDR3 | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB + PNY CS900 120GB | GIGABYTE AORUS RX 570 4GB | FRACTAL DESIGN FOCUS G | CORSAIR CX550M  | WINDOWS 10 | Acer GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz  | Glorious Model O- (Glossy White) Ducky One 2 Mini (White - Cherry MX Silent Red) MOBILE | OnePlus 7 Pro 256GB (Grey) | iPad Pro 10.5 64GB (Gold)  PREVIOUS ACCOUNT: CYANOG

5 hours ago, Gandek said:

Chicago drivers?

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK HOONK HONK HONK

Yes?