Can I have a Raid set up with different speeds on the drive?

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
25 minutes ago, RoyalSpade said:

I'm sad to say I use windows (I use Arch on my t480) but I'm not ready to switch my main pc to linux. I have backups all ready. So the slower speed drives will make it all slower? it not a problem because im not using it for speed, I just want to make sure it works.

All the drives will be the slower drive in the array, so in this case, the 5200rpm laptops drives.

Currently I have a raid mirror with two 1tb 5200 rpm 2.5in Drives. Could I add a 1TB 7200rpm 3.5in dive to make it a raid 5? How would that work? Thanks!

Sorry I just mean mirror. I want to make it a raid 5

4 minutes ago, RoyalSpade said:

Sorry I just mean mirror. I want to make it a raid 5

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

How is this raid setup? Some setups suport this, some dont.

I'll ask again. wha software/hardware is this raid made in.

I'd just make the new raid 5 and restore backups.

Oh, I use window's mirrors software. It's built in. I'm open to changing it to something else thought.

Just now, RoyalSpade said:

Oh, I use window's mirrors software. It's built in. I'm open to changing it to something else thought.

I'd use storage spaces in windows.

I'm pretty sure you need to restore backups here, and can't convert in place(even if you could you still want backups though)

I'm sad to say I use windows (I use Arch on my t480) but I'm not ready to switch my main pc to linux. I have backups all ready. So the slower speed drives will make it all slower? it not a problem because im not using it for speed, I just want to make sure it works.

25 minutes ago, RoyalSpade said:

All the drives will be the slower drive in the array, so in this case, the 5200rpm laptops drives.