COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

I never stated force, not once... Working is not a right it's a privilege that is needed to live. Don't want to share your vaccine history with work even if they update the policy to do so? Here's 2 weeks pay bye-bye. Reason for termination? Refusing to sign the new policy. You might win in court, not worth your time or money however, not for covid likely anyways.

What part of the Federal law prohibits being force to share medial information did you not understand? Last I checked Federal Law > State Law > County Law > Local Law > Employer. Employers cant break Federal law or state law or county/Local laws. Because the government has the power to shut them down. Just like our Governor did during the lock down. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

What part of the Federal law prohibits being force to share medial information did you not understand? Last I checked Federal Law > State Law > County Law > Local Law > Employer. Employers cant break Federal law or state law or county/Local laws. Because the government has the power to shut them down. Just like our Governor did during the lock down. 

What part of truckers needing to do medicals and companies getting them did you not understand? There are always exceptions. You have constitutional rights that get removed every time you visit a Costco or any other place you visit that requires you to show your receipt.

I can tell you now no Government not the current nor the next will fine or shutdown any company down for demanding a covid vaccine, if said company can prove it would be beneficial to everyone.

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=cde51318-beac-4b2b-91c9-3b633dd3e263

You were saying?

Christ. And not even the Christmas holiday surge is happening yet. The start of 2021 is going be a bad one. Also, I have two close family members now that are diagnosed with COVID. It's affecting me personally more and more. This month there was also a surge in COVID cases among grocery store workers here which I have managed to avoid. 

Southern California and the San Joaquin Valley remained at zero percent ICU availability Tuesday, which means not that there are no beds but that hospitals have had to go to surge capacity. The orders were extended into 2021 and will remain in place until projections show that the ICU threshold is reached.

Los Angeles County health officials reported 227 more Covid-19 deaths Tuesday and said hospitalizations passed 7,000 for the first time in the pandemic.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/stay-home-orders-extended-california-covid-cases-surge-n1252519

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

9 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Christ. And not even the Christmas holiday surge is happening yet. The start of 2021 is going be a bad one. Also, I have two close family members now that are diagnosed with COVID. It's affecting me personally more and more. This month there was also a surge in COVID cases among grocery store workers here which I have managed to avoid. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/stay-home-orders-extended-california-covid-cases-surge-n1252519

What you are seeing isn't likely Christmas sadly, but Thanksgiving and/or Black Friday, Christmas cases will likely hit somewhere around next week up to mid January.

Just remember incubation time is somewhere between 3-21 days, and most people in the ICU won't need to go there immediately.

14 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Hope your family doesn't have any serious cases and they recover soon.

The thing that scares me about US numbers is how they affect the practical reality of interacting with others — that is, how likely you are to run into an infected person. Here in Ottawa, the numbers are still low enough that a slip-up or a small-scale violation (say, two multi-person households mixing) likely won't have consequences. In the US, though, it's increasingly the case that you'll pay for it.

As an example, NBC used a risk assessment tool to determine how likely it was that someone in a 10-person Thanksgiving gathering in Los Angeles County would have COVID-19... it was 12-22 percent, and that was in mid-November. It's likely worse now.

The sad thing is that people might only now grasp the severity of things with hospital increasingly full. Pandemic deniers can pretend "it's just the flu," but that doesn't change that they might have to wait on critical care. It really is to the point where I've heard calls for people to avoid any activity risky enough that they might have to visit the ER. That's a frightening thought.

Thank goodness vaccines are (slowly) rolling out, because I don't think many countries could handle this for much longer.

Russia is developing world’s first Covid-19 antidote, preclinical studies show drug effectiveness of more than 99%

According to Veronika Skvortsova, the head of FMBA, studies thus far have shown it is more than 99% effective.

“This is the first etiotropic drug that directly affects the virus. In fact, this is an antidote for coronavirus infection,” she informed Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin on Wednesday, noting that preclinical studies have been completed, which have shown the remedy to be “completely safe” and “highly efficient.”

Etiotropic means that the treatment is directed against the cause of a disease.

Skvortsova told the prime minister that the FMBA is ready to apply for permission for further testing, which they hope to get before the New Year.

If it's almost completely effective at curing an infection, it could stop almost all deaths and relieve hospitals and intensive-care wards.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

3 hours ago, Commodus said:

Thank goodness vaccines are (slowly) rolling out, because I don't think many countries could handle this for much longer.

The problem is they are not rolling out fast enough, and won't likely happen for another 4-6 months. The issue isn't countries or the economy either as long as the world works together we'll all recover, it's the people. I've seen it locally where I live where after being bottled up for months inside their own homes/local street communities people are more and more willing to go out and socialize, violate social distance (w/o masks outside), visit friends and family, my neighbors are thankfully not like that, it was a quite Thanksgiving as was Christmas. Just before where I live went into lockdown again I was at a Tims where a person seemed unhappy about the lockdowns, not a knowledgeable why unhappy but a person throwing a tantrum unhappy.

I think it's the people who are going to end up destroying everything everyone (most) worked so hard for because their morals can't handle it anymore. Not money, tho that doesn't help either because that forces you out to look for work and take risks.

*** Thread cleaned ***

The original news article has been re-instated after review. The outlet publishing it is considered actual news source, not just some conspiracy theory or fake news site. Each can take it as what they want. This forum, nor this thread, is place for disputing over whether any news source has something to gain by wording of their articles.

There was A LOT of off topic and pointless arguing. Some of it could have been left, but as most also contained unwanted parts, decision has been made to keep it all removed. Please don't start again with off-topic. Discussion about antidote and its possible benefits in this situation can continue. Its possible political effects are NOT allowed to be discussed on forums. AT ALL.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Canada will soon require travelers to show proof of negative COVID test ;

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/canada/article-canada-to-require-travellers-to-show-proof-of-negative-covid-19-test/

I'm guessing the vaccine proof will be next when it's widely available.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

On 12/29/2020 at 7:31 PM, Egg-Roll said:

What part of truckers needing to do medicals and companies getting them did you not understand?

Maybe I am misunderstanding your point, but truck drivers either get their medical certificate or they don't. I was under the impression the employer knows only that, pass or fail, and not the details of why they didn't get the certificate (if that was the case).

-kp

So I went to City next over that is smack right to me, and I could easily walk there if I wanted to. That is why I received the Vaccine. I notice Zero Side Effects afterwards. Of there was a 15 minute waiting period after getting the shot, and it was painful at all.

I did get my Flu shot back in OCT(?) BTW.

How Users have received the vaccine? Any Side Effects?

depends on the vaccine my aunt had on that was sore by the next day from injection

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

15 minutes ago, sub68 said:

depends on the vaccine my aunt had on that was sore by the next day from injection

The last Time was sore from getting any vaccine shot was back before I entered High School or maybe a Lockjaw shot.

44 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

So I went to City next over that is smack right to me, and I could easily walk there if I wanted to. That is why I received the Vaccine. I notice Zero Side Effects afterwards. Of there was a 15 minute waiting period after getting the shot, and it was painful at all.

I did get my Flu shot back in OCT(?) BTW.

How Users have received the vaccine? Any Side Effects?

your thread was merged with the COVID mega thread.

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

your thread was merged with the COVID mega thread.

Sorry I wasn't aware that I had to post here. And I did mention that I reciivef  the Flu before that.

1 minute ago, Benji said:

COVID-19Thread.PNG.c1d128d06dd5a4296690ca1535b44e3f.PNG

Should you seek it: It's in the top right corner of the webpage when you scroll all the way up.

Well, happy new year, folks! :) Here in Schleswig-Holstein, the northernmost Bundesland (Silesia-Holstein in English, on occasion) it was illegal to buy and sell pyrotechnics, but actually allowed to use them outside of "busy streets", for which no legal definition seems to exist, lol. There was significantly less than usually but more than I expected, by 1am it was all done already, so I could sleep all night. At least one positive thing about COVID-19. :D

Well I more want to know if anywhere on the Forum ever had reaction to any Vaccine they have gotten.

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

Hm... I can't comment on COVID-19 yet (not to mention that threads concerning medical things usually get (and in my opinion rightfully) closed because we are not doctors; if you need medical help or have questions, go to your advanced care provider or doctor), but I personally never had any reaction to any medication or vaccine ever. My stepmother had soreness after the combined quad-vaccine thing against dyphteria and what not for a few days, and one of her direct relatives also had that, but for only a few hours instead of ~3-4 days like she had herself.

Other than that, I have never really heard of anyone in my circle of people having had reactions to vaccinations of any sort.

Well I never did or for that matter I can eat any foods, and taken quite few OTC Meds and Prescription Meds with no problem at all.

Yes I do know that any Life Threating Reactions require going straight to the ER.

Curfew was enforced more strictly during New Year's here. It's a good thing I kept my company's letter that I'm an essential worker because I was on the road passed one in the morning. One of my managers was actually pulled over and was let go once the officer saw his uniform. 🥴

Hours after the new variant was detected, San Diego Mayor Todd Gloria signed an executive order directing stricter enforcement of state and local public health rules. He said he’s asked police and the city attorney to pursue fines “and potentially other enforcement actions” against those who are “blatantly and egregiously” defying health orders.

https://ktla.com/news/california/california-hits-record-covid-19-deaths-as-new-variant-confirmed-in-san-diego-man-with-no-travel-history/

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 hour ago, seee the state im in nooow said:

if you know of anyone that needs a reason to wear a mask out of home, spend less social time outdoors, or take the upcoming vaccine, show them this

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/some-covid-19-survivors-haunted-by-loss-of-smell-and-taste-13884190

That's one of the reasons I get genuinely mad at people who downplay the pandemic. I'm not worried about dying at my age; I'm worried that my quality of life might be ruined for months, if not permanently. For that matter, I don't want an increased risk of heart disease that cuts my life short by 10-20 years.

It's baffling that people would be willing to gamble their health when there's absolutely no cure or even a certainty that you'll recover. Yeah, there's a real chance you'll be fine, but if it's serious... there may be no bouncing back.

15 minutes ago, Commodus said:

It's baffling that people would be willing to gamble their health when there's absolutely no cure or even a certainty that you'll recover. Yeah, there's a real chance you'll be fine, but if it's serious... there may be no bouncing back.

Here's a bowl of 100 peanuts, there's 3 peanuts in there that'll make you sick and eventually kill you, there's 2 that'll make you sick, won't kill you but will leave you with long lasting damages, and then a dozen or more that'll make you mildly sick but without any lasting effects.

But it's fine, you have very little chances of getting those after all, so go ahead and grab one...

/s

6 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Here's a bowl of 100 peanuts, there's 3 peanuts in there that'll make you sick and eventually kill you, there's 2 that'll make you sick, won't kill you but will leave you with long lasting damages, and then a dozen or more that'll make you mildly sick but without any lasting effects.

I'll take two bowl, just in case

Like, IDC if people that wanna die gets covid and die, but they'll probably drag other people into their mess and that's what gets me triggered

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Up until Jan 11th, the Quebec province is on severe lockdown, any non-essential retail business is closed, they also said any open essential business retail store won't be allowed to sell non-essential stuff, so basically, they agreed that the previous lockdowns were unfair to small local busines when Wal-Mart could stay open because of it's grocery section, and still sell non-essentials stuff, while store that were selling the same things (but without a grocery section) were forced to close.

So until Jan 11th, all stores now have the non-grocery sections closed (source) ;

covid-que-20201228.jpg

The cases keep going up, the gov says they'll open up on Jan 11th, but it seems like the transmission rate isn't going down

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/covid-19-quebec-lockdown-extension-1.5860071

Let's hope for the best I guess...

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

Up until Jan 11th, the Quebec province is on severe lockdown, any non-essential retail business is closed, they also said any open essential business retail store won't be allowed to sell non-essential stuff, so basically, they agreed that the previous lockdowns were unfair to small local busines when Wal-Mart could stay open because of it's grocery section, and still sell non-essentials stuff, while store that were selling the same things (but without a grocery section) were forced to close.

So until Jan 11th, all stores now have the non-grocery sections closed (source) ;

covid-que-20201228.jpg

The cases keep going up, the gov says they'll open up on Jan 11th, but it seems like the transmission rate isn't going down

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/covid-19-quebec-lockdown-extension-1.5860071

Let's hope for the best I guess...

Apparently winter clothing is non-essential but flowers are. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

11 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Apparently winter clothing is non-essential but flowers are. 

Wait, really ??? I would've thought winter clothing and related articles (heat pads, melting salts, shovels, etc...) would be considered essential, looking out my windows over the weekend sure made all this essential !!!!

Edited by wkdpaul

16 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Wait, really ??? I would've thought winter clothing and related articles (heat pads, melting salts, shovels, etc...) would be considered essential, looking out my windows over the weekend sure made all this essential !!!!

Related items should be ok but winter clothing is deemed non-essential. Here they could only only get work gloves: https://www.lequotidien.com/actualites/essentiel-chez-lun-mais-pas-chez-lautre-ed419e35df9598557b7ccbd32d05f699

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti