COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
11 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Related items should be ok but winter clothing is deemed non-essential. Here they could only get work gloves: https://www.lequotidien.com/actualites/essentiel-chez-lun-mais-pas-chez-lautre-ed419e35df9598557b7ccbd32d05f699

Why am-I not surprised ...

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Legault delays announcement from today (Thursday) to Wednesday. Probably a complete shutdown, they wouldn't delay good news no? 

Worthless anyhow, been seeing people meeting others on social media since the start of the whole pandemic. What % is following the whole thing to the letter? 15? 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Definitely somewhere along those lines because you can't trust that people are responsible. The German leaders also trusted on the general public's "reason" or "common sense", yet that totally backfired. They obviously only allowed 5 people from 2 households over Christmas and every non-essential business got closed down (yet for some reason I could order my watch online and pick it up at an electronics retailer while that option doesn't exist for a lot of clothing stores), yet between Christmas (starting 24th) and New Year's we had some of the highest ever reported numbers.

And due to that, the lockdown very likely doesn't end on January the 10th as it was initially intended to, but probably extend to the end of January, and there are even reports of plans already having been made for a lockdown until March. Trusting people to use their common sense doesn't work. It hasn't for basically all of Pandemic 2020 and it won't work now. The numbers are currently just that low because Jan 1 is a national holiday and basically nobody is working, thus the numbers aren't being reported.

The exact same thing is happening here...

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

1 hour ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

https://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-reports-uk-variant-of-coronavirus-found-in-18-year-old/ODSBUUQCJRAERI4IN5WWPH3B7Q/

How can this UK variant COVID-19 infect one 18 year old person if he didn't even travel outside the state??

Someone travelled to Georgia?

1 minute ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Someone travelled to Georgia?

Maybe but nobody knows how he got infected.  Friends, family, etc....

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

Quebec looking at imposing a curfew from 19:30 to 06:00, in addition to a confirmed 4 weeks of extra lockdown. 

Grocery stores will close at 19:00, because craming people in higher densities makes sense.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/quebec-headed-for-full-lockdown-curfews-beginning-saturday-report

I have to say that I'm very agitated right now. I have friends (basically most of my circle) that are talking about purposefully not going to get vaccinated, for reasons like: 'It's my body and my choice', 'it hasn't been tested long enough yet', 'others will get it so I really don't need to', 'authoritarianism shouldn't be rewarded or accepted'.

Am I stupid? Has this last 9 months warped me so bad that I'm being stupid for wanting this vaccination as soon as it's my turn to get one? Am I a hilariously bad choice of character? And if I'm none of those things, what should I do? Gloss over this and take the risk of getting it when things get opened back up? Disregard friends and embrace solitude? I have an immediate family member in my "covid bubble" that ticks a few of the co-morbidity checkboxes and I want to do everything I can to protect them. I'm basically in a position where I can either be a shit friend or a shit family member, so I have to go with being a shit friend? Right?

It's like there are no correct answers at the end of this.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

17 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

I have to say that I'm very agitated right now. I have friends (basically most of my circle) that are talking about purposefully not going to get vaccinated, for reasons like: 'It's my body and my choice', 'it hasn't been tested long enough yet', 'others will get it so I really don't need to', 'authoritarianism shouldn't be rewarded or accepted'.

Am I stupid? Has this last 9 months warped me so bad that I'm being stupid for wanting this vaccination as soon as it's my turn to get one? Am I a hilariously bad choice of character? And if I'm none of those things, what should I do? Gloss over this and take the risk of getting it when things get opened back up? Disregard friends and embrace solitude? I have an immediate family member in my "covid bubble" that ticks a few of the co-morbidity checkboxes and I want to do everything I can to protect them. I'm basically in a position where I can either be a shit friend or a shit family member, so I have to go with being a shit friend? Right?

You're the smartest one of the group.

Tell your friends: it's not only their body. If they get sick, they can pass it on to someone else who didn't make a choice. That herd immunity doesn't matter if someone in your circle is vulnerable. And that a vaccine is far less dangerous than the coronavirus.

I'll be blunt: you should tell them that you can't see them up close until they're vaccinated. It's just too risky otherwise. Mind you, they'll probably be changing their tune when they find out that a restaurant or movie theatre won't let them in unless they have proof of vaccination...

2 hours ago, Commodus said:

You're the smartest one of the group.

Tell your friends: it's not only their body. If they get sick, they can pass it on to someone else who didn't make a choice. That herd immunity doesn't matter if someone in your circle is vulnerable. And that a vaccine is far less dangerous than the coronavirus.

I'll be blunt: you should tell them that you can't see them up close until they're vaccinated. It's just too risky otherwise. Mind you, they'll probably be changing their tune when they find out that a restaurant or movie theatre won't let them in unless they have proof of vaccination...

This is probably the best course of action. And yes, assuming proof of vaccination becomes required here (this is the United States after all, so somewhat doubtful), it will become a problem for them to go about their business.

Thank you for your reply. I've tried to be as careful as I can during the pandemic, but the covid fatigue is getting more heavy as time goes on, and I desire being around other people but I won't because I know it's stupid to do so. Letting this handle itself via governmental requirements keeps the strife down and keeps me out of the center of the discussion where I will maybe be seen as an instigator, and I prefer the indirect approach as I have less energy to expend in arguments these days.

Just as a general thing: I hope everyone here is doing well and staying healthy and safe. Please wear your masks and socially distance, and wash your hands when necessary. We have hospitals at ICU capacity in the next closest big city, but some of ours are getting there too. I think of the next few months as one last concerted effort until the public can be vaccinated here, and while I will still be minimizing my social interactions and wearing a mask for a while after I’m vaccinated, it will hopefully bring back a little normalcy, and be a pay-off for those that did the right things.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

On 12/29/2020 at 9:48 PM, Donut417 said:

Millions die of the flu every year. The flu is highly contagious. Im fairly sure Ive had it before. The only reason its not too bad is because insurance covers the shot for most people so, the people who dont have their heads shoved up their ass do get it. 

You dont, but the point I made is the FEDERAL LAW says the medial info is private between patient, doctor and who ever the patient has on their HIPPA. HIPPA violations are VERY serious, like Federal prison serious. 

That potentially could violate Labor laws. Like the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act). Being sick is technically a disability. Not being able to get a vaccine is a disability. And also there is HIPAA. The LAW is the LAW.

did I mention HIPPA? I dont think employers want to have civil suits to federal prison time. The there is the other side. No one wants to go back to work. SO employers are having a hell of a time finding employees. They aren't going to fire people for no vaccine. They frankly cant afford too. 

This is not what HIPAA says. All HIPAA does is regulate how information between covered entities (doctors offices, hospitals, insurance companies, employers) can be shares without the person’s consent. Employers can definitely require medical information from employees, and all HIPAA requires is they keep the information confidential. 

Edit: To add, the ADA is more restrictive on what employers can do/ask, but stills allows them to do whatever they believe is (reasonably) necessary to ensure a safe workplace. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

7 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

Your friends are idiots for various reasons.

1. It's my body, my choice - ask them if they have the Measles vaccine (MMR), or all the other childhood vaccines? It's their body, but an infectious disease during a pandemic affects other people, so it's not solely about their body anymore. Unless they have a medical condition that prevents them from getting vaccinated, they have a responsibility to their elders, and others at risk.

2. It hasn't been tested long enough - most vaccine trials don't particularly last longer than this one. The length of time a new vaccine takes is usually do to research and manufacturing, not testing. Money and technology innovations have accelerated that process significantly. One thing they did differently is that they were allowed to combine trial phases or run different groups at the same time. This does not affect safety. Aside from that, most vaccines produce severe side effects relatively quickly after injection. It's quite rare that a vaccine will "injure you", say, 10 years after the fact. On top of that, the mRNA vaccines are actually way safer than a traditional vaccine, given the way that it works.

3. Others will get it so I don't have to - okay, so are they going to stay isolated, in full quarantine, until heard immunity has been established? Keep in mind, this might take six months to a year, possibly longer. If they don't, and they get infected, they're making the problem worse, and making herd immunity take longer for the rest of us. Also, if everyone has this opinion, then the system fails and herd immunity becomes impossible.

4. Authoritarianism? Fuck off with that shit. They live in America, one of the freest countries in the world. Tell them to take a trip to mainland China and live there for a year, and then talk about Authoritarianism. Or North Korea. We're in a pandemic. That means certain parts of your lifestyle must change for the betterment of society. Things will go back to normal (more or less) within a few years.

7 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

You're not an idiot. Get the vaccine if you want it (I would - I'm going to get it ASAP), and don't let them bully you into skipping it. Also, do not have ANY in person contact until they've been vaccinated, and if they don't? Don't have contact with them.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

Some people have had problems with the vaccine. My cousin got it, and passed out after the second shot, but was okay after a few minutes.

You know, you can just remind them that if they don't get the vaccine, they will have to wear masks longer. Like... Indefinitely.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

12 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Some people have had problems with the vaccine. My cousin got it, and passed out after the second shot, but was okay after a few minutes.

Yes but not to downplay your cousins reaction, most reactions have been extremely minor. Them passing out is rather unusual though - have they ever had a reaction to previous vaccines? Which COVID vaccine did they get?

12 minutes ago, Sarra said:

You know, you can just remind them that if they don't get the vaccine, they will have to wear masks longer. Like... Indefinitely.

You think those people wear masks? I could almost guarantee that they're the kind of people who'll yell "MEDICAL EXEMPTION" when they walk into a store or are confronted about not wearing a mask.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

17 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Most vaccines have possible side effects, passing out could be related to other issues, common side effects are soreness, swelling or pain around the injections or to the limb that was injected, fever, and then uncommon reactions would be allergic reactions / anaphylaxis shock, sleeping issues, irritability, and many others that are sometimes specific to one vaccine.

Passing out is certainly not a common or even uncommon reaction to a vaccine, there's something there and if that happened in the waiting area (you're supposed to wait 15 minutes after getting a shot and report anything, even simple rash, to the nurses), then they would've investigated it, if it happened after, it could be related to something else, but could also be because of a high fever related to the vaccine, either way, your cousin should've went to a consultation immediately to see what the issue is. But since that didn't happen on the second shot, I'm guessing it's unrelated to the vaccine, or if it is, then there's a underlying medical issue that wasn't present at the second shot.

Passing out is not that unheard of, that's why they ask you to remain 15 mins after your flu shot. 

9 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Yes but not to downplay your cousins reaction, most reactions have been extremely minor. Them passing out is rather unusual though - have they ever had a reaction to previous vaccines? Which COVID vaccine did they get?

I'm actually on the list of people who probably shouldn't be given the vaccine, I'm apparently allergic to something in it. However, I'm going to get it anyway.

The Flu vaccine has made me violently ill five out of six times I've received it. If my company mandates COVID vaccines, then yes, I will get it, but I will make sure that my boss knows that I might be sick for several days due to it.

9 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

You think those people wear masks? I could almost guarantee that they're the kind of people who'll yell "MEDICAL EXEMPTION" when they walk into a store or are confronted about not wearing a mask.

True. However, at least around here, 'those people' have been refused service at most places, and the local athletics Gym just got NAILED by OSHA for being open, and having no mask requirement or policy.

9 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Most vaccines have possible side effects, passing out could be related to other issues, common side effects are soreness, swelling or pain around the injections or to the limb that was injected, fever, and then uncommon reactions would be allergic reactions / anaphylaxis shock, sleeping issues, irritability, and many others that are sometimes specific to one vaccine.

Passing out is certainly not a common or even uncommon reaction to a vaccine, there's something there and if that happened in the waiting area (you're supposed to wait 15 minutes after getting a shot and report anything, even simple rash, to the nurses), then they would've investigated it, if it happened after, it could be related to something else, but could also be because of a high fever related to the vaccine, either way, your cousin should've went to a consultation immediately to see what the issue is. But since that didn't happen on the second shot, I'm guessing it's unrelated to the vaccine, or if it is, then there's a underlying medical issue that wasn't present at the second shot.

This is true, but, see comment after next quote.

4 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Passing out is not that unheard of, that's why they ask you to remain 15 mins after your flu shot. 

True. However, my cousin was held by the staff for observation for an hour, not just 15 minutes. After about 30 minutes, he was okay, and an hour later, he caught an Uber home.

And, in general, yes, there shouldn't be anyone 'exempt' from masks, however, I work with people that have disabilities, and my company is covered by ADA, and in the United States, persons with specific conditions are allowed to use our service without a mask.

That said, we have one active client with a Mask Exemption, and this specific person wears a mask when using our service anyway, without being asked, and without issue. Per the ADA, we cannot deny access to a person that isn't wearing a mask if they have a specific disability relating to it, or the ADA will faceroll us. Again, though, this isn't an issue, since that one person wears one anyway.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

On 1/8/2021 at 9:13 AM, atxcyclist said:

What makes you a shit friend if you get the vaccination? I don't understand your logic.

5 hours ago, Stockholmes said:

What makes you a shit friend if you get the vaccination? I don't understand your logic.

Not hanging out for a reason that no one else gives a shit about.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Update: Going to be a year in 3 months since I got Covid and I am still having problems, and I will take the vaccine but I am going to wait until they have perfected it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

9 hours ago, Sir Asvald said:

Update: Going to be a year in 3 months since I got Covid and I am still having problems, and I will take the vaccine but I am going to wait until they have perfected it.

Care to elaborate (only if you want to), I know people have heart and lungs issues, locally there was a guy that was in a coma for 2 weeks and ended with a breathing tube and permanent respiratory damages :(

The provincial gov even made cautionary ads with him.

40 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Care to elaborate (only if you want to), I know people have heart and lungs issues, locally there was a guy that was in a coma for 2 weeks and ended with a breathing tube and permanent respiratory damages :(

The provincial gov even made cautionary ads with him.

Fatigue, headaches (migrane), muscle and back ache due lack of Vitamin D, taking pills and some breathing problems due to asthma from a young age....I have spoken to my doctor for my check up over the phone and she was astonished that my lungs are fine and no major problems at all. 

It sucks, I have know someone who was in a coma for 2 months. He lost so much weight and can't walk properly so was put on a wheelchair.. He's only 35 years old. :( 

EDIT: forgot to mention that I have an x-ray next week for my back problems. Hopefully it's nothing bad. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.