COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

Anyone has this mask?

https://www.lg.com/hk_en/puricare/lg-ap300awfa

This guy said months ago that HEPA mask is not a good idea because of breathing microfibers from the filter, yet LG has released one.... so whats going on? well a lot of smartasses on the thread also said we would never need masks and now they are mandatory so im not sure

I think the LG mask looks good and I like how they are completely wrapped on your face while remaining comfortable because it has some padding. For using a train filled with people im considering it.

16 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Essentially the placebo effect but working against you.

Nocebo effect, inverse of placebo, I find it pretty interesting.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/The_nocebo_response

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

25 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You made it sound like you got a really bad case of the Flu right after getting the shot. You DIDN'T mention that the shots were multiple months before getting sick.

It was both. 2 shots, I got sick right after. Two shots, I got sick months after.

I already got the first COVID shot. I got sick after it, but it was extremely mild, and most likely just my body putting up an immune response to the vaccine, which is, I'm assuming, what is desired for this scenario. I didn't have an allergic reaction, which is the most important part...

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Who needs vaccine when you have holy water that prevents covid-19??

1611807533344.jpg.dba2013dd5ea209392e3770ca5d89a9c.jpg

"Holy water for protection against covid-19, amen" equivalent in muslim words

/s

Sad part is that I think some people will actually believe it, drink it, and walk around without a mask saying they're immune and makes things worse

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

59 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Sad part is that I think some people will actually believe it, drink it, and walk around without a mask saying they're immune and makes things worse

I don’t want this to turn to a religious debate (against the CS) but I’d leave it here, “blind belief brings no relief”. 
https://youtu.be/c_4c41zY0Bk

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Naming schemes for the new coronavirus strains is just as confusing as Intel's naming schemes

🇬🇧: B.1.1.7

🇿🇦: B.1351

🇧🇷: P1

So, turns out the 'treatment' that claimed to have found was all lies, WTF is wrong with people like this????

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mobile/not-statistically-significant-researchers-worldwide-react-with-disappointment-over-montreal-covid-treatment-study-1.5283839

Edited by wkdpaul

43 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

So, turns out the 'treatment' that claimed to have found was all lies, WTF is wrong with people like this????

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mobile/not-statistically-significant-researchers-worldwide-react-with-disappointment-over-montreal-covid-treatment-study-1.5283839

Nonetheless, I'm glad that it was refuted or else people might start buying black market Colchicine just like how some people buy Dexamethasone and Hydroxychloroquine and treat it as a Covid prophylaxis.

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

Media over here jumped the gun. I think Radio-Canada was the only one mentioning that it wasn't peer-reviewed.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210128/china-using-anal-swabs-for-covid-testing

China Using Anal Swabs for COVID Testing

By Ralph Ellis

photo of swab test

Jan. 28, 2021 -- China is not giving up on nasal or throat testing, but the country has adopted a new method for detecting the coronavirus: anal swabs.

Anal testing is being used so far only on select groups, mainly high-risk cases and people in quarantine. Some people who have been subjected to anal testing include passengers arriving in Beijing and a group of more than 1,000 schoolchildren and teachers who were thought to have been exposed to the virus, Forbes reported.

The use of anal swabs is limited because it’s invasive and inconvenient. If a stool sample cannot be obtained, a saline-soaked cotton swab about 1-2 inches long is inserted into the anus, with the sample tested for active traces of the virus.

Li Tongzeng, deputy director of the respiratory and infectious diseases department at Beijing Youan Hospital, said in an interview with state media that anal swabs appear to be more accurate at detecting the coronavirus than nasal or throat testing.

The virus lives longer in excrement or the anus than in the respiratory tract, he said, meaning anal testing might have fewer false negatives.

Last summer, Future Medicine published research by Chinese scientists into a small number of COVID patients. In a few cases, people tested negative for COVID in throat and spit testing but tested positive with anal swabs.

“We propose anal swabs as the potentially optimal specimen for SARS-CoV-2 detection for evaluation of hospital discharge of COVID-19 patients,” the scientists wrote.

But not every scientist supports the practice of using anal swabs.

Yang Zhanqiu, a pathologist at Wuhan University, told the Global Times that nasal and throat swabs are still the most efficient tests because the coronavirus is contracted through the respiratory system, not the digestive system.

"There have been cases concerning the coronavirus testing positive in a patient's excrement, but no evidence has suggested it had been transmitted through one's digestive system," he said.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

State profile reports have been released. Sounds like the current administration wants to release more Covid related reports.

https://beta.healthdata.gov/browse

Edit: Reading through this, there's a lot of very helpful information for us. I haven't read through other states, but at least for Alaska,  it shows number of patients in beds by age group, confirmed and suspected. Hospitals' days of PPE on hand. Vaccination rates, number administered. Buroughs(counties) in Red, Orange and Yellow zone for positivity rate. Same with cities. Case rates and positive rates for this month compared to last month.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

14 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Media over here jumped the gun. I think Radio-Canada was the only one mentioning that it wasn't peer-reviewed.

Heard the interview they did with the doctor in charge or the study, they were cautious, but I remember him being overly confident and saying doctors out there could start prescribing it right away to help reduce hospitalizations and deaths.

Seeing the numbers (from his own paper) and I gotta say that I'm confused (and angry) that he would repeatedly happily throw '40% reduced deaths', fomr the paper, the difference was 0.2%(5) to 0.4%(9) ... so "40%" less in the sense that 5 deaths is roughly 40% less than 9, but that's just marketing bullshit as fractions of % on large scale like this (4000+ patients in the study) is statistical noise. Same with people needing ventilators, we're talking fractions of % difference.

There are good points though, since it seems to show that a portion of the population would benefit (like diabetics), but then it was pointed out that blood clots incidents were actually significant, so I'm not sure if we should trade COVID hospitalization to potentially equal or higher level of hospitalizations due to blood clots ... doesn't seem like a good trade-off.

EDIT ; also, seems like only CTV is covering the fact that the numbers were 'marketed' and that the statistical significance is lower than what we were told.

Edited by wkdpaul

16 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

I definitely remember reading that the announcement was pre-peer review and pre-data being released. I don't remember where I read it though - CBC, Global, and CTV are my primary news sources. I like to keep the Star on there too but they're paywall for most articles now. I also keep up with NP a lot to see the right-wing bias on current events.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

So I work in NY and 2 out of the 8 employees at my job tested positive for covid. I and another worker are staying home till we get test results. The two confirmed cases have close contact with everyone at the shop. Higher ups are trying to get anyone who doesn't come into work in trouble and possibly fire myself and others. 🤔 Not sure what I can do. Or if what they are doing is illegal.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

What country are you in? There might be some kinda governmental protections in place for this very reason.

Just now, TempestCatto said:

What country are you in? There might be some kinda governmental protections in place for this very reason.

he said NY I'm 99% sure he means New York City, New York.

6 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Bugger my ass. I can't read today. Sorry 😛

EDIT: this may have your answer: https://portal.311.nyc.gov/article/?kanumber=KA-02488

I feel like they'll still get away with it but anything to help myself and my fellow co workers not to mention our customers from getting infected needlessly is good.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I feel like they'll still get away with it but anything to help myself and my fellow co workers not to mention our customers from getting infected needlessly is good.

NY is a very liberal state, as is NYC, I think you'll find that it'll be taken care of swiftly. I know here in PA it does at least.

2 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

NY is a very liberal state, as is NYC, I think you'll find that it'll be taken care of swiftly. I know here in PA it does at least.

Honestly don't know why they think it's ok to not get everyone tested then wait for everyone to get results back. 

1 minute ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Honestly don't know why they think it's ok to not get everyone tested then wait for everyone to get results back. 

Hate to say it, but it's true.

/r/legaladvice

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

In Scotland, you'd be told to isolate for 12 days.  If your company tried to make you work they would be breaking employment law and would be subject to financial penalties.

23 minutes ago, eddiemcgarrigle said:

In Scotland, you'd be told to isolate for 12 days.  If your company tried to make you work they would be breaking employment law and would be subject to financial penalties.

Knowing the US they have more lawyers I'd probably just lose a legal case against them. Thats why ive been trying to find another job but covid is making that close to impossible.