COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
11 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

*snip*

Honestly, don't waste you time, I tried, gave explanations and sources, it's all ignored. At this point, it's just disingenuous and doesn't deserve to be replied to.

BTW, if you look at the excess deaths, it's clear COVID deaths are under reported, especially when motor vehicle deaths and homicide deaths have went down. But hey, let's not have logic get in the way, am-I right ?

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

10 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Honestly, don't waste you time, I tried, gave explanations and sources, it's all ignored. At this point, it's just disingenuous and doesn't deserve to be replied to.

BTW, if you look at the excess deaths, it's clear COVID deaths are under reported, especially when motor vehicle deaths and homicide deaths have went down. But hey, let's not have logic get in the way, am-I right ?

Truth be told some days I just want to up and leave buy a piece of raw land up north somewhere live off the land for a year when all this has finished (hopefully).

I'm a bit confused, are you saying they are under reported or they have to be under reported because car deaths and homicides are down? Because I could believe either(last one people believing in, I know it's 100% bs, fewer people on the roads fewer deaths, fewer people out less homicides) p since the current administration took over the counts in the US.

Also honestly I'm surprised this topic is still allowed to go on, I understand freedom of speech and all that but LTT has full right to refuse this topic to help prevent the spread of misinformation.

2 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Truth be told some days I just want to up and leave buy a piece of raw land up north somewhere live off the land for a year when all this has finished (hopefully).

I feel ya ... I have a colleague that live on remote farmland, far from everyone and is almost self-sustained (solar panels, water form a source, huge garden, etc...), I often envy him.

I'm a bit confused, are you saying they are under reported or they have to be under reported because car deaths and homicides are down? Because I could believe either(last one people believing in, I know it's 100% bs, fewer people on the roads fewer deaths, fewer people out less homicides) p since the current administration took over the counts in the US.

The CDC had an "excess death" section, with the tally of mortality from ALL causes of deaths (not just COVID-19), comparing this year from previous years. 

The following is speculation based on statistics ;

Homicides, car deaths, and other causes are down compared to previous years (for various reasons), but the total number of death is higher than the previous years (after removing COVID-19 related deaths), so it's possible that COVID-19 deaths could be under reported (some say as high as 30%), seeing as, even after you remove the COVID-19 deaths from the total amount of deaths, mortality is up.

You can read more here ;

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

Also honestly I'm surprised this topic is still allowed to go on, I understand freedom of speech and all that but LTT has full right to refuse this topic to help prevent the spread of misinformation.

The original thread was locked (for multiple reasons I won't get into), this new thread was started with much more moderators active and the text in the OP is the only notice given, if someone breaks the rules, it's a sanction without prior notice. Currently, it's still civil so nothing will happen as long as the rules stated at the start of the thread and the forum rule are respected.

If it goes into tinfoil hat conspiracy theories, or insults, trolling or politics, feel free to report it so that we (moderators) can take care of it (better not reply as it often makes it worse).

California is rolling out a voluntary smartphone tool to alert people if they spent time near someone who tests positive for the coronavirus as cases and hospitalizations soar throughout the state, California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Monday.

The tool doesn't track people's identities or locations but uses Bluetooth wireless signals to detect when two phones are within 6 feet (1.8 meters) of each other for at least 15 minutes, officials said. Newsom said it will be ready for use on Thursday.

https://abc7news.com/health/calif-to-expand-smartphone-covid-19-alert-tool-statewide/8584265/

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

8 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

I feel ya ... I have a colleague that live on remote farmland, far from everyone and is almost self-sustained (solar panels, water form a source, huge garden, etc...), I often envy him.

One needs to be careful if you go fully secluded however, most will not survive mentally. Tho I guess if one has SpaceX's Starlink it would be fairly easy to combat.

8 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Oh ok, now I know what you mean. I'll read up on it later (too early for me to stare at a screen to read something)

12 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

If it goes into tinfoil hat conspiracy theories, or insults, trolling or politics, feel free to report it so that we (moderators) can take care of it (better not reply as it often makes it worse).

It's really hard to not get into politics about this topic because of how some places have responded to it.

7 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

https://canotify.ca.gov/

At least yours tells you everything you need to know on the main page (some clicking required) for Canada's you have to actually go to the play store and start reading the 1* reviews to find out it only pings phones within 2 meters, and they still don't state if collects all or only after 15 minutes of being near another device 🤦‍♀️

I don't have it on my phone because of 3 reasons I treat the government like the police(with respect, but have to be crazy to get into the field, and I don't trust crazy till proven otherwise), the lack of information given as stated(can't find much about how it works beyond what has been stated on their site, if one knows links would be nice :)), and 15 minutes is far too long, even 5 minutes in some cases is too long. Not to mention you are heavily relying on the people to input a key which they do not need to do, and it's apparently still buggy like hell making it ultimately useless.

So I follow a few simple things;

Don't socialize with strangers, or linger around them for more than a few minutes. (stranger danger)

Wash hands as much as possible, avoid touching face while out.

Wear masks properly and whenever possible. (I own this which seem to be in us/canada and are not bad, far better than my hastily bought one)

Don't touch what you don't intend to buy and avoid lines, dining in etc.

Since I take public transit, avoid peek times(applies for shopping too) and busy routes if /when possible. (I've only been on transit 2 times since I stopped working, last time I was on it teens where openly bragging about how they can't wear a mask as I was getting off and them getting on)

Don't go out unless absolutely needed.

Spoiler

Side note: here are the permissions for the Canadian app, My concern is the "retrieve running apps" that isn't needed afaik for the app to function, and once covid is over it could become a snoop app if they really wanted to do so (if my understanding of its purpose is correct):

This app has access to:
U-_SG8pHTsqU_IyZTGQRkVMdLaAUeq1OnKGrB06KHF1z7vkkIQK3iF0HcbfTe1RnGlh-ajnZkbphl2W3Gdk=s20Wi-Fi connection information
  • view Wi-Fi connections
BAH0TYCVcT4bH2ErsHtCEbO-1Tr5O5Hjwst6AFghZQt5pI8NkfonAsmYfnvj939aqSVtbuM81B38AB0GYQ=s20Device & app history
  • retrieve running apps

Other
  • pair with Bluetooth devices
  • run at startup
  • view network connections
  • full network access
  • prevent device from sleeping

Here's how I see it, if apps like Pokemon Go or Rocket Music Player doesn't need it they don't need it.

I'm open to using such apps, but I would trust Google/Apple more over a Gov body any day.

30 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

One needs to be careful if you go fully secluded however, most will not survive mentally. Tho I guess if one has SpaceX's Starlink it would be fairly easy to combat.

Oh ok, now I know what you mean. I'll read up on it later (too early for me to stare at a screen to read something)

It's really hard to not get into politics about this topic because of how some places have responded to it.

At least yours tells you everything you need to know on the main page (some clicking required) for Canada's you have to actually go to the play store and start reading the 1* reviews to find out it only pings phones within 2 meters, and they still don't state if collects all or only after 15 minutes of being near another device 🤦‍♀️

I don't have it on my phone because of 3 reasons I treat the government like the police(with respect, but have to be crazy to get into the field, and I don't trust crazy till proven otherwise), the lack of information given as stated(can't find much about how it works beyond what has been stated on their site, if one knows links would be nice :)), and 15 minutes is far too long, even 5 minutes in some cases is too long. Not to mention you are heavily relying on the people to input a key which they do not need to do, and it's apparently still buggy like hell making it ultimately useless.

So I follow a few simple things;

Don't socialize with strangers, or linger around them for more than a few minutes. (stranger danger)

Wash hands as much as possible, avoid touching face while out.

Wear masks properly and whenever possible. (I own this which seem to be in us/canada and are not bad, far better than my hastily bought one)

Don't touch what you don't intend to buy and avoid lines, dining in etc.

Since I take public transit, avoid peek times(applies for shopping too) and busy routes if /when possible. (I've only been on transit 2 times since I stopped working, last time I was on it teens where openly bragging about how they can't wear a mask as I was getting off and them getting on)

Don't go out unless absolutely needed.

Hide contents

Side note: here are the permissions for the Canadian app, My concern is the "retrieve running apps" that isn't needed afaik for the app to function, and once covid is over it could become a snoop app if they really wanted to do so (if my understanding of its purpose is correct):

This app has access to:
U-_SG8pHTsqU_IyZTGQRkVMdLaAUeq1OnKGrB06KHF1z7vkkIQK3iF0HcbfTe1RnGlh-ajnZkbphl2W3Gdk=s20Wi-Fi connection information
  • view Wi-Fi connections
BAH0TYCVcT4bH2ErsHtCEbO-1Tr5O5Hjwst6AFghZQt5pI8NkfonAsmYfnvj939aqSVtbuM81B38AB0GYQ=s20Device & app history
  • retrieve running apps

Other
  • pair with Bluetooth devices
  • run at startup
  • view network connections
  • full network access
  • prevent device from sleeping

Here's how I see it, if apps like Pokemon Go or Rocket Music Player doesn't need it they don't need it.

I'm open to using such apps, but I would trust Google/Apple more over a Gov body any day.

Wait, the code for the Canadian apps are legit public https://github.com/cds-snc/covid-alert-app

At least for the Apple app, all it uses is the Apple contact tracing API for it.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

42 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

not sure what you mean, it's all on the COVID app page ;

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/covid-alert.html

image.thumb.png.a3424216f49d3be761dae1a36fcb0a5f.png

BTW, it's normal that it runs at launch and needs access to the web and bluetooth, without those basic things, the app wouldn't work.

2 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

not sure what you mean, it's all on the COVID app page ;

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/covid-alert.html

image.thumb.png.a3424216f49d3be761dae1a36fcb0a5f.png

BTW, it's normal that it runs at launch and needs access to the web and bluetooth, without those basic things, the app wouldn't work.

I hate those damn hidden tab things our gov has, I completely missed that because it was a line of text that didn't stand out. (and I was about to head out too so I was looking for obvious things to click) I do find it annoying it is the only thing you actually have to expand on that page.

The part I was referring to was the "retrieve running apps", everything else is fine for requirements. That specific part has no business being in the alert app, only apps I've found with the category for it is all apps from Xiaomi, no one else. So the question is why would they want that built in? They can't kill a program that interferes with its ability, nor do you need it if the app is unable to use bluetooth as well.

Also note just because they don't use that permission now doesn't mean they won't later, and they can easily modify the Privacy Policy to include it as well on a later date.

Edit: Forgot to add this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24807249/what-android-permission-causes-device-app-history

2 hours ago, Blade of Grass said:

Wait, the code for the Canadian apps are legit public https://github.com/cds-snc/covid-alert-app

At least for the Apple app, all it uses is the Apple contact tracing API for it.

I actually didn't know that, I guess if I get bored I'll sniff threw the code. Both Apple and Android are there in their respective folders by the looks of things.

2 healthcare worker with significant history of allergic reactions got an allergic reaction to the Pfizer vaccine ;

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/09/health/covid-vaccine-allergies-health-workers-uk-intl-gbr/index.html

They're vaccinating 5000 to 7000 people a day, and have advised against vaccinating people with a history of allergic reactions. Let's hope the Moderna one doesn't have that issue!

Edited by wkdpaul

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

2 healthcare worker with significant history of allergic reactions got an allergic reaction to the Pfizer vaccine ;

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/09/health/covid-vaccine-allergies-health-workers-uk-intl-gbr/index.html

They're vaccinating 5000 to 7000 people a day, and have advised against vaccinating people with a history of allergic reactions. Let's hope the Moderna one doesn't have that issue!

Not a particular surprise there. In fact, I would have just assumed that people with previous vaccine allergies would have issues too. 

Fortunately it’s a pretty small segment of the population. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

Truth be told I was never planning on taking the Pfizer regardless of this issue, too much potential for mishandling.

From the article you linked:

He backed the MHRA advice for people who carry an EpiPen to delay having a vaccination until the reason for the allergic reaction has been clarified. But he said the news did not mean the general public should be anxious.

What I want to know is why they have the EpiPens on them (as in what allergies) and their severity to said reasons. Knowing this will help out those who are now hesitant on getting the shot.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/warning-patients-pfizer-biontech-covid-allergic-reactions-b229762.html (I like the wording they used "jab")

26 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Not a particular surprise there. In fact, I would have just assumed that people with previous vaccine allergies would have issues too. 

The most common vaccine would be the flu which is egg based(H1N1 was also egg based apparently), so they shouldn't be effected by either covid vaccine at least based on this link:
https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/hometown-health/featured-topic/covid-19-vaccination-faq

That said there are dozens of vaccines out there with severe allergies, but afaik egg based ones are the most common.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a chance I'll be getting a vaccine. Not sure if my company will require it, pay for it, or just ignore it. 90% says they require and pay for it.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

On 12/9/2020 at 9:26 AM, wkdpaul said:

Excuse me for posting something from a furry, but they work at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and has more info about this. It's likely related to a common ingredient, Polyethylene Glycol.

Used to be about 200-300 COVID cases a day here in my city/county. Yesterday it was 3,493 and similar numbers this passed week. 😱

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

My department sent out a message, we can all get the vaccine for free but we have to put in a word so the sheriff knows how many to order.  He's writing it off to the county.

Today he got back to me.  Me and him are the only two to want the vaccine.  Everyone else is all scared of it.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

So I guess congress is close to passing something or has passed something. $600 is what they are giving people. For some its unnecessary. For others all $600 does it remind you how fucked you are. The bill also funds our government till next September I believe. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

https://scitechdaily.com/new-testing-shows-masks-not-enough-to-stop-covid-19s-spread-without-social-distancing/

New Testing Shows Masks Not Enough to Stop COVID-19’s Spread Without Social Distancing

Even though common mask materials block most of the droplets that spread the virus, that may not be enough at close distances.

Simply wearing a mask may not be enough to prevent the spread of COVID-19 without social distancing.

In Physics of Fluids, by AIP Publishing, researchers tested how five different types of mask materials impacted the spread of droplets that carry the coronavirus when we cough or sneeze.

Every material tested dramatically reduced the number of droplets that were spread. But at distances of less than 6 feet, enough droplets to potentially cause illness still made it through several of the materials.

“A mask definitely helps, but if the people are very close to each other, there is still a chance of spreading or contracting the virus,” said Krishna Kota, an associate professor at New Mexico State University and one of the article’s authors. “It’s not just masks that will help. It’s both the masks and distancing.”

Device to Study Masks and Respiratory Droplets

The device used by researchers to study how masks block simulated respiratory droplets carrying the COVID-19 virus. Credit: Javed Akhtar

At the university, researchers built a machine that uses an air generator to mimic human coughs and sneezes. The generator was used to blow tiny liquid particles, like the airborne droplets of sneezes and coughs, through laser sheets in an airtight square tube with a camera.

They blocked the flow of the droplets in the tube with five different types of mask materials — a regular cloth mask, a two-layer cloth mask, a wet two-layer cloth mask, a surgical mask, and a medical-grade N-95 mask.

Each of the masks captured the vast majority of droplets, ranging from the regular cloth mask, which allowed about 3.6% of the droplets to go through, to the N-95 mask, which statistically stopped 100% of the droplets. But at distances of less than 6 feet, even those small percentages of droplets can be enough to get someone sick, especially if a person with COVID-19 sneezes or coughs multiple times.

A single sneeze can carry up to 200 million tiny virus particles, depending on how sick the carrier is. Even if a mask blocks a huge percentage of those particles, enough could escape to get someone sick if that person is close to the carrier.

“Without a face mask, it is almost certain that many foreign droplets will transfer to the susceptible person,” Kota said. “Wearing a mask will offer substantial, but not complete, protection to a susceptible person by decreasing the number of foreign airborne sneeze and cough droplets that would otherwise enter the person without the mask. Consideration must be given to minimize or avoid close face-to-face or frontal human interactions, if possible.”

The study also did not account for leakage from masks, whether worn properly or improperly, which can add to the number of droplets that make their way into the air.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

Can someone explain how on earth either moderna or pfizer are not responsible for side effects if any so you cant sue them? 

Isnt it abstract? They keep talking over and over about this vaccine but what if i take it and something happens to me? Cant wrap my head around it. 

4 minutes ago, oskar23 said:

Can someone explain how on earth either moderna or pfizer are not responsible for side effects if any so you cant sue them? 

Isnt it abstract? They keep talking over and over about this vaccine but what if i take it and something happens to me? Cant wrap my head around it. 

My guess is because the FDA allows them to cut thru the red tape. Plus to my understanding the process they used to make this vaccine is different than any other vaccine. Because other vaccines generally take years to perfect. We did this one in a few months. While they did do trials and such, they are even warning people who have had allergies to other vaccines not to get this one. So basically they invented a new process we can say and no one is 100% sure if its 100% safe. While Im sure its safe for most, there are always edge cases, and they might not have figured out what those might be. Also, they are not sure how long this vaccine is going to be effective. Is it going to be a life time vaccine? Or is it going to be like the Influenza vaccine where you need to get it yearly. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, oskar23 said:

As @Donut417 said - a large part of that was to allow the vaccine manufacturers to speed up development - but don't worry, the testing phase was not compromised. They still had to prove it was safe.

Aside from that, most countries are setting up Vaccine Injury compensation funds, on the off chance you might develop serious complications. But the odds of that are pretty low, so don't be too worried.

These vaccines were tested on thousands and thousands of people, and now that they've been approved in multiple countries, approximately 2.36 million people worldwide have received one of the vaccines already.

Even extremely rare non-allergy reactions will start to show up now, if there are any.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

13 hours ago, oskar23 said:

I haven't heard anything about not suing them. Maybe a US thing?

These vaccines are perfectly safe. Quite a lot goes into their testing, as well as antigen and adjuvant selection. I would recommend everyone get the vaccine.

You have to consider the scale of these adverse events. These vaccines have had some of the largest clinical trials i've seen. Tens of thousands of people have had one of the COVID-19 vaccines - clinical trials for drugs, such as chemotherapies, hormone therapies are often in the hundreds. I think the Pfizer vaccine had around 40,000 (in Phase III). Thats around how many people have taken the vaccine and were assessed for adverse events. 

However, Phase III clinical trials are not the end of the drug manufacturing process. The vaccine will be distributed to the general population and undergo phase IV clinical trials, or the post-licensure phase. This is to assess safety and efficacy in the general population. You will be given access to a reporting system if an adverse event should occur. In the event a grade 3/4 (depending on their standards) adverse event occurs, the rollout may be stopped and your event investigated. This is standard procedure for any drug. We usually have an online reporting system that gets send straight to the investigators, or there may be a hotline. Much of this is subject to change according to region and distributor. For New Zealand this will be the New Zealand Ministry of Health.

The distribution and uptake of a vaccine is the largest hurdle to overcome for an effective vaccine process. We are required to vaccinate a certain proportion of the population to reach heard immunity. This percentage is calculated from the R-number (how many people may contract the disease from one person) and the vaccine effectiveness. Because these vaccines are (somehow) around 90% effective, this makes that percentage a little lower. I calculated it with an R-number of 2.45 to be around 60-80%, depending on the vaccine. Remember a flu vaccine is usually around 70% effective. These COVID-19 vaccines are really effective. 

Rest assured, these vaccines are perfectly safe and effective. The post-licensure phase is for continued monitoring just in case. For instance we usually see some differences in efficacy depending on ethnic groups or co-morbid individuals excluded due to eligibility criteria in previous phases. 

If you have any questions, I would recommend a phone call to your medical doctor/GP. 

25 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I haven't heard anything about not suing them. Maybe a US thing?

These vaccines are perfectly safe. Quite a lot goes into their testing, as well as antigen and adjuvant selection. I would recommend everyone get the vaccine.

You have to consider the scale of these adverse events. These vaccines have had some of the largest clinical trials i've seen. Tens of thousands of people have had one of the COVID-19 vaccines - clinical trials for drugs, such as chemotherapies, hormone therapies are often in the hundreds. I think the Pfizer vaccine had around 40,000 (in Phase III). Thats around how many people have taken the vaccine and were assessed for adverse events. 

However, Phase III clinical trials are not the end of the drug manufacturing process. The vaccine will be distributed to the general population and undergo phase IV clinical trials, or the post-licensure phase. This is to assess safety and efficacy in the general population. You will be given access to a reporting system if an adverse event should occur. In the event a grade 3/4 (depending on their standards) adverse event occurs, the rollout may be stopped and your event investigated. This is standard procedure for any drug. We usually have an online reporting system that gets send straight to the investigators, or there may be a hotline. Much of this is subject to change according to region and distributor. For New Zealand this will be the New Zealand Ministry of Health.

The distribution and uptake of a vaccine is the largest hurdle to overcome for an effective vaccine process. We are required to vaccinate a certain proportion of the population to reach heard immunity. This percentage is calculated from the R-number (how many people may contract the disease from one person) and the vaccine effectiveness. Because these vaccines are (somehow) around 90% effective, this makes that percentage a little lower. I calculated it with an R-number of 2.45 to be around 60-80%, depending on the vaccine. Remember a flu vaccine is usually around 70% effective. These COVID-19 vaccines are really effective. 

Rest assured, these vaccines are perfectly safe and effective. The post-licensure phase is for continued monitoring just in case. For instance we usually see some differences in efficacy depending on ethnic groups or co-morbid individuals excluded due to eligibility criteria in previous phases. 

If you have any questions, I would recommend a phone call to your medical doctor/GP. 

Are you a medical professional? Genuine question BTW, I'm asking because I would guess that you probably are.

Here in the UK we've been hearing about people who have suffered from severe allergies having reactions to the Pfizer vaccine to the point the government have advised that anybody with any history of allergies should not receive the jab.

For the first time since all this began I having genuine concerns & worries. A week ago we're told about a new mutation that is spreading, 3 days ago we're told that this new mutation could potentially be 70% more effective at spreading and most of the South of England are put into full lockdown as a consequence then today they announce they've detected another mutation that's been imported from South Africa and if the SA Science is correct could be even more contagious than our own mutated variant.

So now we potentially have 2 new wildly contagious variants confirmed, what happens if they meet? Do they form a super mutation that's vaccine resistant and ends up killing potentially millions in the UK alone? Are we heading for another Spanish Flu where literally hundreds of millions die around the world?

I think the biggest kick in the nuts is we thought we had started the fight back and then we're told that actually everything we achieved in 2020 might all be for nothing.

Some of the prominent scientists involved in the creation of the Oxford vaccine seem to be indicating a belief that COVID is probably going to end up being a seasonal disease much like the flu.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Here in the UK we've been hearing about people who have suffered from severe allergies having reactions to the Pfizer vaccine to the point the government have advised that anybody with any history of allergies should not receive the jab.

I'm a bit confused by that, I've seen it happened, but as far as I know, it's similar with the flu vaccine (they contain egg proteins) ... not sure why they thought it would be fine with this vaccine.

Some of the prominent scientists involved in the creation of the Oxford vaccine seem to be indicating a belief that COVID is probably going to end up being a seasonal disease much like the flu.

That's been theorized for a few months now, and unfortunately if the new mutations are real, it very possible this becomes endemic.

Edited by wkdpaul

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I'm a bit confused by that, I've seen it happened, but as far as I know, it's similar with the flu vaccine (they contain egg proteins) ... not sure why they thought it would be fine with this vaccine.

That's been theorized for a few months now, and unfortunately if the new mutations are real, it very possible this becomes endemic.

Does the Pfizer vaccine contain egg protein? I though the reason it had to be kept at -80c was because they used some brand new technique to create it?

Unfortunately its looking more & more likely. I'll admit I didn't really understand the majority of it but one scientist spoke about there being 4 "markers" (possible I got the name wrong) that they look for when looking for mutations. If the virus manages to mutate all 4 then our current vaccines become useless (I believe she used the term vaccine escape trajectory to describe this).

The mutant strain that's spreading across the UK ATM has apparently mutated 2 of them already.

She did make it clear that this happens all the time and in principle isn't something they are too worried about yet but given the speed the virus seems to be mutating at its unlikely we will ever get in fully under control.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)