Brother of drug lord Pablo Escobar launches a $349 foldable smartphone

piemadd

Personal note before we begin: HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA llmaooooooooooooo

ok now into the news

Roberto Escobar, brother of the late drug lord Pablo Escobar, has announced a foldable smartphone to take on Samsung's Galaxy Fold and Huawei Mate X, the Escobar Fold 1.

I think it is nice for someone to take on these brands.

While all the foldable phones announced so far have a price tag of at least $1,500+, the Escobar Fold 1 will be available from only $349 which includes free shipping and a case as well. It will be sold unlocked and work on all compatible networks worldwide. This makes it cheaper than other non-foldable flagship smartphones available in the market right now.

I'm actually looking for a new phone, so im definitely going to buy this lmao. If you are wondering, "Why would you trust someone like this with making a phone?" 

The drug lord's brother has been able to price the phone so low by cutting out the middlemen like networks and retailers. He is also preparing to file a $30 billion class-action lawsuit against Apple for scamming people and wants the company to "give some of their illegal profits back to the people".

Es bueno senor. I feel like if this goes anywhere, the money will either be donated to charity or into development of the phone.

Like the Huawei Mate X, the Escobar Fold can be unfolded to turn it into a tablet with a screen size of 7.8-inches. The expanded AMOLED display has a 4:3 aspect ratio and an FHD+ resolution. The design language is different from the Samsung Galaxy Fold which features two separate displays, one of which folds.

OOOOOOO. Very nice, more than decent, exceptional! Now lets look at the specs:

The full specs of the Escobar Fold 1 are as follows:

Display: 7.8-inch FHD+ foldable AMOLED

Chipset: Octa-core 2.8GHz Snapdragon 855

GPU - Adreno 640

Camera: 16MP f/1.8 + 20MP f/1.8, OIS

RAM: 6/8GB LPDDR4X

Storage: 128/512GB, microSD card slot

Battery: 4,000mAh

Connectivity: dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi ac, USB-C

OwO thats pretty nice. Kind of sad there is no Android 10, but 9 is fine and i'd even be happy with an update down the line.

Overall, I like this phone, and I'm definitely going to buy one. Wouldn't be surprised if Linus has already ordered one lol.

Article: https://www.neowin.net/news/brother-of-drug-lord-pablo-escobar-launches-a-349-foldable-smartphone/

Where to purchase the phone lol: https://www.escobarinc.com/product/fold1/

i like trains 🙂

This feels like a scam to me.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 minutes ago, pierom_qwerty said:

Why would you trust someone like this with making a phone?

Uhm... you know that being related to a criminal doesn't automatically make you one...?

To be clear, I know nothing about this guy - but him being brothers with Pablo tells me nothing about his trustworthiness.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 minutes ago, pierom_qwerty said:

Es bueno senor. I feel like if this goes anywhere, the money will either be donated to charity or into development of the phone.

seriously doubt this will go anywhere. Like trying to sue Intel for their 9980XE pricing when the 10980XE  is half the price but performs slightly better. I wonder if he'd sue his brother for his "illegal profits too" if he could, i wouldnt bet on it though.

Also the bend radius for that thing is horrible. And why do we need five bikini models all squeezed into frame to show off the phone in an advertisment? I know sex sells but come on. What is this a early 2000's hip hop song?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

seriously doubt this will go anywhere. Like trying to sue Intel for their 9980XE pricing when the 10980XE  is half the price but performs slightly better. I wonder if he'd sue his brother for his "illegal profits too" if he could, i wouldnt bet on it though.

Also the bend radius for that thing is horrible. And why do we need five bikini models all squeezed into frame to show off the phone in an advertisment? I know sex sells but come on. What is this a early 2000's hip hop song?

boobs. that is the key

i like trains 🙂

8 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Uhm... you know that being related to a criminal doesn't automatically make you one...?

To be clear, I know nothing about this guy - but him being brothers with Pablo tells me nothing about his trustworthiness.

Yes I know that is true, which I was trying to imply. There are always those people though.

i like trains 🙂

9 minutes ago, Levent said:

This is almost definitely a scam, has to be. Right?

Also I went to their website at work... For anyone wondering, this is probably NSFW.... -_-

Just now, pierom_qwerty said:

boobs. that is the key

Yeah if your demographic is irresponsible teenaged/young males. 

Personally I think (and hope) this will flop. 

1575349437_escobar-fold_story.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

His brother used to say "plata o plomo," silver or lead... and something tells me this is lead.  As in, it's going to sink.

There's no way this phone will cost $349 without serious compromises, and I'm pretty sure the judge will laugh him out of court.

The phone itself looks terrible. I'd be surprised if it actually took off.

32 minutes ago, Levent said:

^^^ Yep. 
788108029_ScreenShot2019-12-03at9_14_50AM.png.fcc226c2dba9f5179ef226963f85244f.png

How are you gonna have loss of property or just "losses" from a phone? Note 7 time? 

Also no refunds. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

21 minutes ago, Ecchi said:

The phone itself looks terrible. I'd be surprised if it actually took off.

Me reading this :  "It can't be so bad..."

Me after checking the link : "lmao wtf is this thing ugly!" 

Also what is up with those lingerie models... 

I'm really not against sexy ads or sexy in general but this seems tasteless and overdone,  strangely fitting to the rest of the phone.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

7 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

^^^ Yep. 
788108029_ScreenShot2019-12-03at9_14_50AM.png.fcc226c2dba9f5179ef226963f85244f.png

How are you gonna have loss of property or just "losses" from a phone? Note 7 time? 

Also no refunds. 

Illegal in the EU (so not applicable there at least)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

im interested to see how this turns out on so many levels

doesnt look like a product i want or anything but there are so many curiosities on the company, phone, etc

No way this will be shipped at $349. Material and production costs are simply too high for folding phones with these specs right now.

Desktop: Slick

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600    Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-Pro    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz CL16   GPU: GTX 1080 8GB 

Storage: Samsung PM981 256GB (970 EVO)    PSU: Corsair TX650M   Case: Lian-Li PCO11 Dynamic - White  Fans: Deepcool RF120mm RGB

Peripherals: HP Omen X 35 Ultrawide (3440x1440, 100hz, G-Sync), Logitech g903, mdr-1000x, umc22 + AKG D5, Drevo Blademaster 87K RGB (Gateron Browns)

Laptop: Surface Laptop 2 Platinum - i5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb nvme, 13 inch pixelsense touch display

Phone: Huawei Mate 20 pro 128gb Black + iphone 6s 32gb gold

19 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Also no refunds. 

Can always initiate a charge back for goods that weren't delivered or failure to provide the "service" paid for, when paying with a credit card.

So if the phone turns out to be a complete joke and he refuse to refund you, just go through your credit card provider.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Soooooo.... this is a reskinned royole flexpai?

Spoiler

summary_1en.png

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

20 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

Soooooo.... this is a reskinned royole flexpai?

Hide contents

summary_1en.png

holy shit that definitely is. look at the renders of the escobar. 

the only thing is that the royale is supposedly $1320, which is quite a bit more than the escobar. also, royale's website disappeared just a few days ago :thinking:

i like trains 🙂

This definitely has to be addressed in the next wan show.

Looking forward to what Linus / Luke / James / *any other host* think about it.

MSI GT62VR Laptop  // i7-6700HQ & GTX1070 & 16GB RAM//

Studying Software Information Technology at Hungary. 

That’s a really good price I wonder if he is subsiding the phone by various means. Perhaps a shippable product? Maybe even agriculture? We’ll never know. 

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

idk i feel like its different when it comes to family run drug cartels

Wait....the phone looks like a Huawei Mate X with new colors and os skin. Does this mean that the company is selling phones so they can sell the data to the Chinese. I smell a sweet conspiracy about Pablo Escobars brother selling data from smart phones to China. 

That Escobar Famlia money backing this product is why its (if its legit) potentially real.  Companies that can afford to take a loss to gain real market advantage do it all the time.

We (my brother and I) are doing that right now with one of our business' to prop another branch of what we do on the side lol.  Take the losses now to gain market share.  If it flops well its a complete loss.  If it doesn't, the sky is the limit.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case