Heaven Society - Week 31 (Toradora! & The Devil is a Part-Timer!)

LTTAnimeClubHeavenSociety-Header.png

This Weeks Animes!

Toradora!

fe30bc58bbc2922cdaaf11d539bf3ac7.jpg

Synopsis

Despite Ryuji Takasu's gentle personality, his eyes make him look like an intimidating delinquent. Class rearrangements on his second high school year put him together with his best friend, Yusaku Kitamura, and his hidden crush, Minori Kushieda. Along with these two comes Kushieda's best friend, Taiga Aisaka. Her delicate appearance contrasts with her brutal personality. Secretly in love with Kitamura, Taiga agrees to help Ryuji with his love interest as long as he helps her get closer to hers.

Read more at ANN

Links to Watch

Crunchyroll

Hulu

The Devil is a Part-Timer!

c48deb694897106977abababb248b472.jpg

Synopsis

In another dimension the Devil King Sadao is only one step away from conquering the world when he is beaten by Hero Emilia and forced to drift to the other world: modern-day Tokyo. As "conquering the world" are the only skills the Devil King possesses - and are obviously unnecessary in his new situation - he must work as a freeter to pay for his living expenses.

Read more at ANN

Links to Watch

Hulu

Funimation

Member Tags

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Hatsune Miku 「 」@Ruostunut kokis @Archangel1994 @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

These anime were selected from a poll that is generated from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

Use LinusTechTips Sponsor Crunchyroll to support LTT!
Visit http://crunchyroll.com/linus for a free 30 day trial

Dam two winners this week! Two great series too! Toradora is a Classic Rom Com while The Devil is a Part Timer is a new but well done comedy(though I do have my complaints about it).

081b1172389d7474aecfb9c4aff4adb595b045d3

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Both are good watches! I personally like Toradora better out of the two, but that might just be because I have a soft spot for good rom-com's. Happy watching!

Also, must include...

ami-chibi-toradora-28941140-372-500.png

[fixed image]

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Hell yeah time to watch some anime!

tumblr_mqwnb5nDmw1sy8un2o1_500.gif

Indeed! A split vote is actually interesting at the rate I'm ploughing through shows I might get to watch these weeks anime.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Indeed! A split vote is actually interesting at the rate I'm ploughing through shows I might get to watch these weeks anime.

Good to hear, have you already seen these two? If not I'll be surprised... their series I approve of. 

ToraDora-toradora-25641785-480-272.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

If I'm not mistaken this was in an earlier poll, I watched a few episodes. Was fairly interesting might go finish it

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good to hear, have you already seen these two? If not I'll be surprised... their series I approve of. 

ToraDora-toradora-25641785-480-272.gif

I recall watching Toradora but I don't recall finishing it, I've never even heard of the devil is a part timer.

I'm glad they won, I believe one of the selling points of the other choices was "lolis" now I don't mean to go off topic here, I think they are fine and I watch a lot of shows centred around them but as a pitch it just wasn't for me xD.

I don't mean any disrespect with that either, I'm pretty sure there was more to the pitch than just loli's and it sure as hell was better than some of the things I write for recommendations but it just put me off instantly I don't really know why. Any way just wanted to get that off my chest.

If they get the Fred seal of approval I'll have to bump them up on the list. 

Again sorry for the rather off topic comment. and I mean no disrespect to whomever wrote the pitch.

I probably wont watch them this week because civ has taken over my life.

r8JHI9J.jpg

Welcome to Civ, See you in a month.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I recall watching Toradora but I don't recall finishing it, I've never even heard of the devil is a part timer.

I'm glad they won, I believe one of the selling points of the other choices was "lolis" now I don't mean to go off topic here, I think they are fine and I watch a lot of shows centred around them but as a pitch it just wasn't for me xD.

I don't mean any disrespect with that either, I'm pretty sure there was more to the pitch than just loli's and it sure as hell was better than some of the things I write for recommendations but it just put me off instantly I don't really know why. Any way just wanted to get that off my chest.

Again sorry for the rather off topic comment. and I mean no disrespect to whomever wrote the pitch.

The ending to Toradora is fantastic, you should go back and finish it (: 

Nice I already watched them so it will be fun discussing these.  ^_^  B)

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

pqPeJRF.gif

Enjoy! I've seen both of them, but I hope those who haven't already enjoys them. Toradora especially is one of my favourites, being 1 of 4 anime among several hundreds to ever make it to 10/10 perfect score status for me.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

if i had a second monitor i would absolutely watch while i play.

Blarg

Awesome anime! I saw it a long time ago, and i have like a lot of anime to watch right now, might still re-watch it, since i think i watch it almost 2 years ago.

Still, gonna stick to this thread to discuss :)

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Hmmm, I somewhat watched/read Toradora!... It's not bad, but since i know what's going to happen i don't want to watch it...

On the other hand, i liked Hataraku Maou-sama! :D:D:D I also read some spoilers from LN's, and i want to read them so much, but the translation is a little bit....

So, what should we discuss in the end O.o

Already seen both of these, liked toradora more.

The part time devil had too many ups and downs in the action. One minute he's kicking butt and the next he's a cashier in a mcdonald... like.. come on now. The "story" itself isn't too bad, but Toradora is much better on that side.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I have seen them both and definitely preferred Toradora but maybe I'll find some time to rewatch it.

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

When ever possible I always try to push the polls in to a double anime week because if is mostly people wanting one or the other than it seems like we should get more people involved

When ever possible I always try to push the polls in to a double anime week because if is mostly people wanting one or the other than it seems like we should get more people involved

Charger being the anime poll hero hahha. 

ive already seen the devil is a part timer and its rather amusing ride. im just going to finish up last weeks this week. 

edit: didnt see it was a double week. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Double week! A-and I already watched both. Toradora was great, but I'll probably re-watch only The Devil is a Part-Timer, because it is a bit funnier (IMO).

And failing to act, for fear of the risk, is no different than a living death. No matter what world you’re in.

Your probably referring to what I wrote for recommendations arnt you? I will say that NHK and electronic girl (i know i killed it but that title too hard) really have nothing at all to do with lol I'm, at least in general.

Already seen both of these, liked toradora more.

The part time devil had too many ups and downs in the action. One minute he's kicking butt and the next he's a cashier in a mcdonald... like.. come on now. The "story" itself isn't too bad, but Toradora is much better on that side.

Thats kinda the point of it.

So... we've got 2 anime with tsunderes in them for this week...

Toradora is on of the best when it comes to that.

When is the last time that something that I voted for won?