EA skipped a Battlefront campaign because "very few" would play it

XTankSlayerX

KXaNGgU6fXAT.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg 

^SOURCE^

There won't be a proper single-player campaign for players to dig into. The reason for that, Electronic Arts Chief Operating Officer Peter Moore told Gamespot, is simple: Hardly anyone would bother playing it anyway.

Moore said decisions like this are made years in advance of a game's release, and that can sometimes lead to problems.

"Between when a dev team starts work on a game, and when it finishes, the world becomes a different place. I remember when we started work on Star Wars: The Old Republic; at the time, the model to go for was subscription," he explained. "By the time we had the game ready, the model to go for wasn't subscriptions. That's why we had to stop the game, and rebuilt it as a free-to-play title with microtransactions, but even then there were some people who said they wanted to keep their subscriptions."

Responding to the suggestion that 'triple-A' games like Star Wars: Battlefront "traditionally" sell better with a single-player campaign than without, Moore said "you might be right," but that "very few people actually play the single-player on these kinds of games. That's what the data points to."

EA has said in the past that Star Wars: Battlefront was intended to be a multiplayer game right from the start, but I think this is the first time that anyone has been so open as to exactly why that is. Do you agree? Numbers don't lie, as they say, but would the presence of a single-player campaign make you more likely to buy the game? Or is the online action really where it's at?

They're completely right...

I don't recall the last person who played any of the campaigns from BF3/4/H and remotely liked it.

It's a good idea focusing on MP only. More resources that you can having working on the thing that's going to keep the game running for more than 6 months.

Lets be frank with ourselves; a large portion of players jump straight into multiplayer and never touch the campaign.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I play SP exclusively, they just lost 1 sale.

Logic: I know the AI cheats, in MP there's always doubt.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Maybe it's just me but the idea of a story for a star wars game sounds lovely. Nobody cares about battlefield campaigns because they do nothing better or different than call of duty's campaigns. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I just play the Battlefield campaigns when I don't have the energy to go online

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

No. This is bullshit on EA's part. SWTOR's F2P is basically unplayable. And by basically, I mean completely. IT IS subscription based ALSO supported by microtransations. Hell you can not even do more than 5 pvp matches a week on f2p.

EVERYONE would play campaign on Battlefront. They were just to lazy to make it good enough to be worth doing.

Battlefront 2 had amazingly fun campaigns that was basically just a series of instanced objective based maps. That would have been enough for this new game. It didn't have to be radical. Or crazy good story driven.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I liked the BF3 story. I only played BF4 and BFH story because you could only unlock certain multiplayer guns/dog tags through the SP.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I always play the campaign first then play the multiplier once I have completed the campaign. I didn't know I was the minority.  

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

well one thing the campaign does that multiplayer really cant (Unless they make another test range) is how to play the game and learn all the vehicle controls while having a good story and just a plain awesome feel.. 

BF3 was better than BF4 in terms of campaign xD

EA, Star Wars is not the same as your ass-tastic, dime a dozen, modern warfare cribbing Battlefield campaigns.

The story and lore are what bring people in when it comes to Star Wars.

Lets be frank with ourselves; a large portion of players jump straight into multiplayer and never touch the campaign.

Correct.

i played bf4 campaign and liked it, it looks good + good music and its short.

Same here, I played both BF3 and BF4 and I liked both campaigns.

I do understand why they aren't making one for this game though.

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

I don't recall the last person who played any of the campaigns from BF3/4/H and remotely liked it.

I really enjoyed the BF4 Campaign. I beat every level on veteran, some more than once.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Everyone doing multiplayer games nowadays do a horrible job at singleplayer, that's why no one plays them.

I LOVED Call of Duty 4's and both Battlefield Bad Company's singeplayer campaigns, but both went down the drain for every single installment afterwards.

I wouldn't blame the players not playing them, I would blame the devs either not caring or the publishers not giving enough time for the devs to actually make a meaningful singleplayer.

*Edit, to continue on after thinking about this a bit more.

I'd be fine for them not making a campaign mode, but I'm not fine with it still being $60. The multiplayer better be amazing to be worth full price, otherwise this will be another bargain bin pickup for me just like BF4 and BF3.

You know, I'd probably be fine if they did $30-$40 multiplayer game, then add a $30 Season Pass or something and charge $60 for a bundle, make it worth it at least.

Funny, considering that I found the campaigns from BF3/4/Hardline to be more enjoyable than the actual multiplayer.

This might be because of my ISP, or the netcode problem, can't say for sure. All I know is that every single time a friend messages me saying "they fixed it", I redownload, and they haven't. I still get one shotted constantly while it takes me half a clip to kill anyone.

#butthurt

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

They should just make the game cheaper and not release with single player. Make the single player campaign a DLC. I wish that that was the standard of games.

Most people don't play campaign modes in games because the campaigns are shit. This is just more bullshit from EA.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The reason i'm not playing battlefield because there is no campaign in the game 

i'm done with battlefront 

8f5015e0b32d7895d5013df0c16678ed.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

that is terrible news.  I've been afraid of this happening to games as of late as it seems like miltiplayer is all anyone talks about.  I like single player campaigns and co-op campaigns a lot more than pvp online multiplayer, probably because I'm not that great at most fps games and I dont always have the time/energy to play online.  Sometimes I need to pause my games and I dont like that being a problem.  I play pvp online sometimes but I spend way more time playing campaigns solo or with other people on co-op.  Especially for a starwars title that is just sad.... :(

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

"We also skipped ADS because we realized people weren't going to use it all that much so yeah... good luck at hip firing."

Battlefront Hipfire , the game.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I smell BULLSHIT. The reason I'm not buying this game is because it doesn't have a single player mode.  

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

Absolute bullshit. Call of Duty 4 had a great campaign that everyone and their mother played and loved. And every CoD ever since has been bottom-of-the-barrel garbage.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.