Heavily bottlenecked, plz halp :)

skayqz
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
11 hours ago, skayqz said:

Gigabyte B450M DS3H

I have used this motherboard for a few builds and it is not bad at all.

For CPU, what does the used market look like by you? A Ryzen 5 3600 should be a good pairing for this

I have an i5-7400 and a gtx 1080 and when i play gta v i get cpu 100% but gpu like 40% like wtf

Should i consider getting an i7-7700k?

asus b250m-k

16 gb ram ddr4

Thanks

1 minute ago, skayqz said:

Should i consider getting an i7-7700k

These are pretty expensive, and since you can't overclock on that motherboard, the K variant is not a great choice.

I would only recommend an i7-6700 or 7700 if you could get one for under $100, because at this point you are likely better off with a motherboard and CPU and replacement. What's your budget 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

These are pretty expensive, and since you can't overclock on that motherboard, the K variant is not a great choice.

I would only recommend an i7-6700 or 7700 if you could get one for under $100, because at this point you are likely better off with a motherboard and CPU and replacement. What's your budget 

Like 200 euros preferably 150

With that, you could afford a new B450 motherboard and something like a used Ryzen 5 2600 or even 3600. What speed is your DDR4?

With a decent B450 motherboard and some reasonably fast DDR4, you have an upgrade path to a CPU like the Ryzen 7 5800X3D for future consideration 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Found a "ASUS PRIME H610M-K D4" for 80 euro, socket 1700, good deal?

buying a 7700k would be a terrible investment.  They're exceptionally overpriced for what you get.

So, IDK about europe where you are, but this is a MUCH smarter upgrade:

On ebay in america a 7700k is ~120$ USD

On Amazon:
i3 14100F = 100$ 

B760 mATX DDR4 (so reuse your RAM) = 100$

120$ for a small cpu upgrade, or 200$ for a new platform that'd SMOKE that upgrade.

Found a "ASUS PRIME H610M-K D4" for 80 euro, socket 1700, good deal?

I don't recommend H610 or H710 motherboards, cause they are pretty low end products. B660 or b760 would be preferable 

Primary PC:

Just now, tkitch said:

buying a 7700k would be a terrible investment.  They're exceptionally overpriced for what you get.

So, IDK about europe where you are, but this is a MUCH smarter upgrade:

On ebay in america a 7700k is ~120$ USD

On Amazon:
i3 14100F = 100$ 

B760 DDR4 (so reuse your RAM) = 100$

120$ for a small cpu upgrade, or 200$ for a new platform that'd SMOKE that upgrade.

We...we dont have amazon here, actually we do but shipping is twice the thing im getting.

And also we use  €  or RON

I don't recommend H610 or H710 motherboards, cause they are pretty low end products. B660 or b760 would be preferable 

a "Asus PRIME B660M-K D4" for 84,66 $, good enough?

(im tryna save money yk?)

5 minutes ago, skayqz said:

We...we dont have amazon here, actually we do but shipping is twice the thing im getting.

And also we use  €  or RON

you...  you need to engage in critical thinking more.

I specifically said "I don't know europe" (Cuz I don't fuckin' live in europe.)

I was showing you pricing comparisons for a much better upgrade here.  You can go look up prices on your own where you are.

Just now, tkitch said:

you...  you need to engage in critical thinking more.

I specifically said "I don't know europe" (Cuz I don't fuckin' live in europe.)

I was showing you pricing comparisons for a much better upgrade here.  You can go look up prices on your own where you are.

That doesnt help in anyway by "flexing" you guys prices and availabilities for cheaper stuff.

3 minutes ago, skayqz said:

That doesnt help in anyway by "flexing" you guys prices and availabilities for cheaper stuff.

You may be able to get slightly better pricing with neighboring countries, but it looks like 1200 RON is going to be what I costs to get something worth buying,

https://ro.pcpartpicker.com/list/TZcdgB

https://hu.pcpartpicker.com/list/hDb6fv

unless you can find something on the used marketplace

https://www.facebook.com/share/6wFsGzfAu8UYXrea/?mibextid=kL3p88

https://www.facebook.com/share/r8Mr3XZDfoyoNbN7/?mibextid=kL3p88

(No idea where you live, so I just put Bucharest, and a reasonable radius. 

56 minutes ago, skayqz said:

save up for a new platform. Spending anything more than 100eur for your system is just a waste (and even 100eur is arguably too much). You can probably find 2nd hand used 3000 series Ryzen along with a motherboard and RAM for 200eur these days.

1 hour ago, skayqz said:

a "Asus PRIME B660M-K D4" for 84,66 $, good enough?

(im tryna save money yk?)

It's better, this motherboard has a VRM heat sink so it's not a terrible choice.
With this board did you plan on getting an i5? I bet a used 12400 or 12400F would be affordable.

Primary PC:

GTA V is known to be a very demanding on the CPU. Look up guides on how to alleviate CPU bottleneck. Especially those related to the game, as there are apparently settings you can change to reduce CPU workload

14 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

It's better, this motherboard has a VRM heat sink so it's not a terrible choice.
With this board did you plan on getting an i5? I bet a used 12400 or 12400F would be affordable.

Well according to chat gpt:

Alternative Budget Motherboard: ASUS Prime H610M-K

• The ASUS Prime H610M-K is a micro-ATX motherboard based on the H610 chipset. While it may not offer as many features as the B660 chipset, it provides essential functionality for a budget build.
  • The H610 chipset supports 12th Gen Intel Core processors and DDR4 memory, making it compatible with your chosen CPU, the Intel Core i5-12400F.

Pairing the Intel Core i5-12400F with the ASUS Prime H610M-K motherboard should still provide a decent gaming experience without significant bottlenecking with your GTX 1080 graphics card. Additionally, the lower cost of the motherboard helps keep the overall build budget-friendly.

(or aka, im looking towards cheapest pairing with an i5-12400)

16 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

With that, you could afford a new B450 motherboard and something like a used Ryzen 5 2600 or even 3600. What speed is your DDR4?

With a decent B450 motherboard and some reasonably fast DDR4, you have an upgrade path to a CPU like the Ryzen 7 5800X3D for future consideration 

actually, an ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 is cheaper than any intel board wtf, what should i pair it with?

4 hours ago, skayqz said:

actually, an ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 is cheaper than any intel board wtf, what should i pair it with?

That particular board does not have a VRM heat sink, I would recommend against it. What some other B450 motherboard options available to you?

Primary PC:

3 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

That particular board does not have a VRM heat sink, I would recommend against it. What some other B450 motherboard options available to you?

Gigabyte b450m-k

msi b450m a 

42 minutes ago, skayqz said:

Gigabyte b450m-k

msi b450m a 

These have the same shortcomings, neither have a VRM heat sink. Is there something like an Asus prime or MSI gaming plus available?

ASRock boards are also good in this price range, like the B450M/AC

Edited by Fasauceome

Primary PC:

8 hours ago, skayqz said:

Ryzen 5600 and 16/32GB 3200 MT/s RAM.

17 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

These have the same shortcomings, neither have a VRM heat sink. Is there something like an Asus prime or MSI gaming plus available?

ASRock boards are also good in this price range, like the B450M/AC

Found a Gigabyte B450M DS3H for a reasonable price so as an MSI B450M-A PRO MAX

11 hours ago, skayqz said:

Gigabyte B450M DS3H

For CPU, what does the used market look like by you? A Ryzen 5 3600 should be a good pairing for this

Primary PC:

15 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

That is 300 ron or 64 dollars, kinda good but idk, im a noob when it comes to amd things.

9 hours ago, skayqz said:

kinda good but idk, im a noob when it comes to amd things.

not a bad price at all. If it doesn't include a CPU cooler from the used market, you can easily get one for cheap. The wraith prism is a good pick if you want the added style.

Primary PC: