Monitor Giving "No Signal" After Weird PC Crash

Alexb770

Was playing Warframe last night and my monitors both went black out of nowhere, but I could still hear my friends in discord as well as other audio. My only option was to hold the power button to force shutdown, and when I tried booting back up, I couldn't get an image on my monitors.

I use 1 HDMI 2.1 port and 1 DP port. Tried switching the ports I was using on the GPU but that didn't work. The RGB on the card also still works, not sure if that's a good indicator of it still being alive.

The GPU being dead is my current theory, since I've 100% confirmed everything else about the PC works. Was able to boot into Windows and verify this via other components' RGB + friends seeing my discord status. If there are any diagnostic tricks or potential fixes anyone knows of, I'd love to hear them. I really don't want to go out and buy a new GPU, especially if it may not be the real issue. 

SPECs:

Mobo: MSI Z790 Carbon wifi

CPU: i7 13700K

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 3080ti (3000 series gigabyte card doesn't give me much confidence 😕)

RAM: 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 Corsair Vengeance

PSU: 1000W Corsair

Monitors are one 4K 144hz Acer panel and one 1080p 360hz Alienware panel. Acer panel is connected via HDMI 2.1, Alienware via DP. 

UPDATE 1: Integrated graphics is giving me proper image, so dead GPU theory is looking more likely. 

UPDATE 2: GPU confirmed dead lol

The 30xx series from Gigabyte are known to snap and break, google about it. Perhaps that has happened to your card aswell?

See if you can borrow someone's else GPU just to test and troubleshoot, to see if the pci-e port is still good.

42 minutes ago, Mumintroll said:

The 30xx series from Gigabyte are known to snap and break, google about it. Perhaps that has happened to your card aswell?

See if you can borrow someone's else GPU just to test and troubleshoot, to see if the pci-e port is still good.

Yeah, I had heard about gigabyte lol. After a lot of testing I threw in my 1080ti and it worked perfectly, so the 3080ti likely died. Big rip 😞

7 minutes ago, Alexb770 said:

Yeah, I had heard about gigabyte lol. After a lot of testing I threw in my 1080ti and it worked perfectly, so the 3080ti likely died. Big rip 😞

When did you buy it? Have you checked if you still have warranty?

48 minutes ago, Mumintroll said:

When did you buy it? Have you checked if you still have warranty?

Bought it around October 2022 and their website says they offer a 3 year warranty. But knowing the drama surrounding Gigabyte's 3000 series, I'm probably SOL

11 minutes ago, Alexb770 said:

Bought it around October 2022 and their website says they offer a 3 year warranty. But knowing the drama surrounding Gigabyte's 3000 series, I'm probably SOL

Actually a known documented fault with their 30xx series should make your warranty claim more valid, if it's just what that happened.

Check the pci-e pins and that L shaped lock thing beside it. Is there a crack anywhere there?

If there is you can point to that, and mention that it's a typical fault of their 30xx series.