XTankSlayerX

Bad examples.

CS:GO - $17

http://store.steampowered.com/app/730/

LoL - Free to Play

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/

Dota 2 - Free to Play

http://store.steampowered.com/app/570/

These are not "$60 AAA" games. These are multiplayer only games, two-thirds of which are free.

Titanfall had a steep asking price for a Single Player only game. If it was Free to Play, or only $17 at launch price, then the game might have been more well received.

Titanfall was a multi-player only game and not a single player only game. All lowering the price does is bring in more people as it's more affordable. If a game tanks, the player base will leave regardless of how big it might have initially been.

Titanfall was a multi-player only game and not a single player only game. All lowering the price does is bring in more people as it's more affordable. If a game tanks, the player base will leave regardless of how big it might have initially been.

Certainly, if a game tanks, then it will tank.

But perceived value is still incredibly important. If EA took BF5 and sold it for $200, people would lose their shit, regardless of how good the game might be.

Titanfall was overpriced for the content and the fact that it was MP only. It had lots of other problems, certainly, but that was one of them. At $10 or $15, I'd play Titanfall, even if I only end up playing for a few months before moving on to something else.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

i thought this game was gonna be an RPG when I first heard about it lol

once i heard MP-only fps... i became very worried about it

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

i thought this game was gonna be an RPG when I first heard about it lol

once i heard MP-only fps... i became very worried about it

There was a SP RPG-esque in the works, "Level 1313", but it was canned a couple years ago.

The current rumour is that what was to be Level 1313 will be turned into something else, now that Disney owns the rights. It might still come out, just nothing like the original previews we saw.

The Battefront series has always been MP FPS. The first two had a "token" SP campaign that was a joke at best.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

There was a SP RPG-esque in the works, "Level 1313", but it was canned a couple years ago.

The current rumour is that what was to be Level 1313 will be turned into something else, now that Disney owns the rights. It might still come out, just nothing like the original previews we saw.

The Battefront series has always been MP FPS. The first two had a "token" SP campaign that was a joke at best.

Yea,It Made Me Sad That Level 1313 Wasn't Going To be Made,It Would Have Been Such A Good Game From The Previews

I knew i shouldn't have clicked on this fucking thread.

Fuck You Dice Sellouts

Another great series brought to it's knees by fucking dice and EA. First they release the complete failure of a DLC Hardline, then they try to "re-envision" one of the greatest First-person/third-person shooters that set the fucking ground work for battlefield, by making it into another fucking clone of battlefield with fucking star wars wrapping it's buttcheeks around it.

I've had enough of this fucking news. I've had enough of fucking Dice. I've had enough of it all. Fuck dice, Fuck EA, Fuck the video-game industry as a whole. This may not be the biggest thing to lose, but it has fucking meaning. First they remove space battles, then they remove AI from online, then they remove 90% of the diversity in maps, and 1/2 of the eras. Well fucking played Dice, this is turning out less and less to be a REAL GAME, and more a show of WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN MADE. No, you're too fucking lazy to try and make a worthy successor to those games, you're too fucking ignorant, with your heads too far up your own fucking asses to understand what we wanted. Instead, you throw another fucking souless cash-grab scheme at your fucking battlefield fanboys and star wars fandom.

I've i ever live to see Dice and or EA crumble to the ground, then it will be too good for me. Nothing would surpass the joy I would get from watching soulless money whores fall from the pile of corpses they've been riding.

oh, and Fuck You Dice

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

BULLSHIT! very few players play on SP? i smell bullshit, I love single player story. if its a full price for just MP, i won't buy it.

I knew i shouldn't have clicked on this fucking thread.

Fuck You Dice Sellouts

Another great series brought to it's knees by fucking dice and EA. First they release the complete failure of a DLC Hardline, then they try to "re-envision" one of the greatest First-person/third-person shooters that set the fucking ground work for battlefield, by making it into another fucking clone of battlefield with fucking star wars wrapping it's buttcheeks around it.

I've had enough of this fucking news. I've had enough of fucking Dice. I've had enough of it all. Fuck dice, Fuck EA, Fuck the video-game industry as a whole. This may not be the biggest thing to lose, but it has fucking meaning. First they remove space battles, then they remove AI from online, then they remove 90% of the diversity in maps, and 1/2 of the eras. Well fucking played Dice, this is turning out less and less to be a REAL GAME, and more a show of WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN MADE. No, you're too fucking lazy to try and make a worthy successor to those games, you're too fucking ignorant, with your heads too far up your own fucking asses to understand what we wanted. Instead, you throw another fucking souless cash-grab scheme at your fucking battlefield fanboys and star wars fandom.

I've i ever live to see Dice and or EA crumble to the ground, then it will be too good for me. Nothing would surpass the joy I would get from watching soulless money whores fall from the pile of corpses they've been riding.

oh, and Fuck You Dice

To be fair, Battlefront 1 didn't have Space Battles, and the Space Battles of Battlefront 2 were pretty well shit. Sure, it might hold your attention for 20 minutes - unless you've played a decent Space Sim anyway.

And the SP was pretty shit in Battlefront 1 and 2.

While I won't be buying Star Wars Battlefront 2015 because of the lack of SP, I probably wasn't going to buy it anyway, since it's a MP focused game, and the previous games had shitty single player. I would only buy this game if it blew us away with totally amazing Single Player. But that was likely never going to be an option anyway, going by the original games.

To be fair, Battlefront 1 didn't have Space Battles, and the Space Battles of Battlefront 2 were pretty well shit. Sure, it might hold your attention for 20 minutes - unless you've played a decent Space Sim anyway.

And the SP was pretty shit in Battlefront 1 and 2.

While I won't be buying Star Wars Battlefront 2015 because of the lack of SP, I probably wasn't going to buy it anyway, since it's a MP focused game, and the previous games had shitty single player. I would only buy this game if it blew us away with totally amazing Single Player. But that was likely never going to be an option anyway, going by the original games.

My point was that they have no right to call this "Battlefront" in any fashion. They've removed so much of what made Battlefront, battlefront. Keeping only its core components. 

But having a map, third-person, and special heroes; A battlefront game, does not make.

This is just another rehash of battlefield, and the minor pulls they make have huge affects on the end result once all pooled together. Remove planets, ok I can deal. Remove space-battles, that's really lame, but Ok i can deal. Remove AI from online, ok, fine... I can deal. Remove single-player entirely, seriously? fine... I can deal. But add them together? And you have nothing more than a fraudulent excuse for a game; bearing all the marks of something made without passion, without care, without any intention to bring back a franchise other than the goal to simply cash in on the fanbases of both battlefield and star wars. 

There is no love in this game, there is no effort. Claim all they want, it doesn't change that fact.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

My point was that they have no right to call this "Battlefront" in any fashion. They've removed so much of what made Battlefront, battlefront. Keeping only its core components. 

But having a map, third-person, and special heroes; A battlefront game, does not make.

This is just another rehash of battlefield, and the minor pulls they make have huge affects on the end result once all pooled together. Remove planets, ok I can deal. Remove space-battles, that's really lame, but Ok i can deal. Remove AI from online, ok, fine... I can deal. Remove single-player entirely, seriously? fine... I can deal. But add them together? And you have nothing more than a fraudulent excuse for a game; bearing all the marks of something made without passion, without care, without any intention to bring back a franchise other than the goal to simply cash in on the fanbases of both battlefield and star wars. 

There is no love in this game, there is no effort. Claim all they want, it doesn't change that fact.

There's a definite possibility that you are right.

But I'll reserve final judgment until the game is out, and proper reviews come with it.

A lot of people have said that ground combat is pretty fun. They said vehicle combat is kinda nuts and not as fun. But then they released info on the new Starfighter dogfight mode, which looks really interesting. That's 10 v 10 in fighters, with additional AI fighters in the mix. My only complaint there is a Star Wars fanboy issue - they've made X-Wings and Tie Fighters essentially identical in performance/durability/specs, simply to make the game more balanced.

However, I can forgive that. Balancing asymmetrical opposing fighters in a two-faction game can get really challenging.

There's a definite possibility that you are right.

But I'll reserve final judgment until the game is out, and proper reviews come with it.

A lot of people have said that ground combat is pretty fun. They said vehicle combat is kinda nuts and not as fun. But then they released info on the new Starfighter dogfight mode, which looks really interesting. That's 10 v 10 in fighters, with additional AI fighters in the mix. My only complaint there is a Star Wars fanboy issue - they've made X-Wings and Tie Fighters essentially identical in performance/durability/specs, simply to make the game more balanced.

However, I can forgive that. Balancing asymmetrical opposing fighters in a two-faction game can get really challenging.

Fair enough. I've no problem either with the balancing of opposing gear. 

Just sucks to see so much pulled out of a game, and then them tote it around as the successor to a series it doesn't even resemble.

It'd be like EA remaking the Half Life series by pushing out a mass effect clone and calling it, "Half Life, Retribution" or some shit. It may be a fine game in it's own right, but it would have no right to call itself half life.

guarantee the single player campaign will come out as a $30 DLC later.  They'll say something like "due to popular demand, we decide to release a single player campaign.for everyone to enjoy."  They'll even claim they were listening to player feedback.

Fair enough. I've no problem either with the balancing of opposing gear. 

Just sucks to see so much pulled out of a game, and then them tote it around as the successor to a series it doesn't even resemble.

It'd be like EA remaking the Half Life series by pushing out a mass effect clone and calling it, "Half Life, Retribution" or some shit. It may be a fine game in it's own right, but it would have no right to call itself half life.

I don't know about you, but a game based in the Half Life universe, using the Mass Effect engine and gameplay mechanics, actually sounds totally fucking awesome :P

However, I do understand your point. Battlefront wasn't just a "Star Wars" game, it was a very specific Star Wars game, with a very specific set of gameplay mechanics and features.

This is somewhat different from those original ideals - for better or worse.

Frankly, I just really want them to release Republic Commando 2 :P

guarantee the single player campaign will come out as a $30 DLC later.  They'll say something like "due to popular demand, we decide to release a single player campaign.for everyone to enjoy."  They'll even claim they were listening to player feedback.

As long as that SP campaign was 20+ hours long, and of high quality, I wouldn't mind that at all.

They very well might realize that a SP Campaign was a missed opportunity. But if they did it as DLC, at least it might get more development time and resources dedicated to it.

It would also appease those fans who don't give a shit about SP. Let's face it, there are a ton of players who buy Battlefield or Call of Duty, and never bother to play SP even once. Those players who are MP focused can buy the original game, and enjoy a more well rounded experience (hopefully) that isn't diluted by a SP story. Those who want SP, can buy the DLC. It would be even better if the DLC was standalone :P But that's asking for too much I'd say.

People please remember, this isn't supposed to be COD or one of its clones.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Beat me to it, lol. 

I liked the campaign from battlefront. My hype for this game is pretty flatline right now. I didn't like the dice era battlefields. I'm only hoping its radically different. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Maybe it's just me but the idea of a story for a star wars game sounds lovely. Nobody cares about battlefield campaigns because they do nothing better or different than call of duty's campaigns. 

This.

I'd play the shit out of a Starwars singleplayer experience, I like the Starwars Universe, so do many others,...this would be the singleplayer exception IMO.

Couldn't care less for the 'typically' themed military clones. But I'd play SW:SP

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Since I'm a PC and gaming geezer, with a wife and kids. If a game does not have a SP and a pause button. I can't buy that game.  

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

If the campaign couldn't have been at least as good as the campaign in BF2 then I guess we aren't going to be missing too much. I'm still not going to buy BF3 until I see some positive reviews from creditable and independent sources.

I would so play a Star Wars campaign. I absolutely love the Star Wars universe and there is (was, I guess) so much canon to put into a great story.

Certainly, if a game tanks, then it will tank.

But perceived value is still incredibly important. If EA took BF5 and sold it for $200, people would lose their shit, regardless of how good the game might be.

Titanfall was overpriced for the content and the fact that it was MP only. It had lots of other problems, certainly, but that was one of them. At $10 or $15, I'd play Titanfall, even if I only end up playing for a few months before moving on to something else.

Yes, like I said, lowering the price would just bring in more people, but they would all leave just the same if the game ended up tanking.

I actually liked Titanfall by the way. It just needed more good maps and for the bad maps to be taken out of the rotation.

In the story department-

BF3 had a pretty good story, good characters, good levels, but the bad area spawn waves of enemies.

BF4 Story was trash, levels were trash, characters were trash, and had stupid area spawn waves again.

Hardline is not a Battlefield game and was all trash.

In the Multiplayer department-

BF3 is near perfect, two bad things; tick rate and the Armored Kill DLC.

BF4 is good but there are only 3-4 good maps available (excluding Night maps and Community Project coming soon)

Hardline is trash and not a Battlefield game.

I am completely content with a lack of a Campaign from DICE or Visceral.

Also, there is another team (from EA too I think) working on a campaign based Star Wars game.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

In the story department-

BF3 had a pretty good story, good characters, good levels, but the bad area spawn waves of enemies.

BF4 Story was trash, levels were trash, characters were trash, and had stupid area spawn waves again.

Hardline is not a Battlefield game and was all trash.

In the Multiplayer department-

BF3 is near perfect, two bad things; tick rate and the Armored Kill DLC.

BF4 is good but there are only 3-4 good maps available (excluding Night maps and Community Project coming soon)

Hardline is trash and not a Battlefield game.

I am completely content with a lack of a Campaign from DICE or Visceral.

Also, there is another team (from EA too I think) working on a campaign based Star Wars game.

Most of the rest of the star wars stuff is locked in SWTOR which bioware and EA have ran headfirst into the ground over the last year and killed what was actually one of the top endgame mmorpgs in a great proportion of the elite communties mind.

Also it looks like shit, plays like shit, and the move trailer cinematics are 100x the game Swtor is.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Lol. Invalid post.

So apparently not having ADS makes a game shoot inaccurate weapons. You must of not played the original games. They worked fine, and god forbid the developers actually knew how to code weapons that shot straight with out iron sights.

This post is outrageous.

I'm not saying hip fire can't be inaccurate.Look at Dirty Bomb. That game is all about hip fire, because it's just as accurate as ADS. However, Battlefront just seems lazy.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

If they want to create a MP only game that's their choice.

But this reason is bs. People love to play single player campaigns in the Star Wars universe. You really cannot ask for a better setting as a game developer. You have loads of lore to draw on and endless scope to create interesting journeys.