EA skipped a Battlefront campaign because "very few" would play it

XTankSlayerX

If they don't feel confident in making a StarWars campaign just yet then its fine by me.

Also Battlefront 1 and 2 did not have the best campaigns either.

Battlefront 1's campaign gave you scenes from the movie, and a few cool "orders" then shoved you right into a huge deathmatch on some map.

Battlefront 2 was a bit better and the back story told by some random clone was a nice addition, however, you still were thrown onto a map in a deathmatch style game. I will say there were objectives and scripting added into those campaign levels.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

This just goes to show how clueless they are. They get negative feedback about shoddy and unnecessary SP campaigns in Battlefield so they remove them....from Star Wars? Like, really?

Next they'll get negative feedback about that too, and attempt to remedy it by continuing to add SP campaigns into Battlefield. 

"We also removed ADS because we realized people weren't going to use it all that much so yeah... good luck at hip firing."

Battlefront Hipfire , the game.

They didn't remove it because they never added it in the first place...

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

They didn't remove it because they never added it in the first place...

Sorry, meant "skipped".

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Sorry, meant "skipped".

TF2 has no ADS and no-one complained, and that game is actually incredibly similar to the old Battlefront games in some ways.

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

"It's worked for us for everything else so why the hell not, campaigns cost money"- EA 2015

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

BS EA knows nothing, this game will die as fast as Titanfall

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

I'm happy they removed the campaign! I thought it was one of the most useless features to Battlefield franchise. Only one which was good was Bad Company.

Also Titanfall is quite a popular game still.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Well maybe if the storyline wasn't completely and utter shit. People would enjoy playing a campaign. The first thing I do is play the campaign, it gets you ready for MP and helps you learn the controls and maybe a little backstory and what not and how each gun performs.

BF3 had a crummy storyline because what ? They accused the dude of being a liar and so they listened to him and then he saves the day.

BF4 had a shitter storyline because A: I was playing as a mute leader who clearly doesn't give two craps about what is going on in the world and listens to his lower ranking allies. The Asian dude and black guy were always getting into arguments. B it wasn't even really interesting, ok some guy wants to fight with peace however that doesn't always work out and he is nearly killed constantly.

I mean starwars battlefront II had at least three different campaigns, let me tell you they were fun. Playing as the empire and the rebels and duking it out over lands of space and quite literally taking over the galaxy that was awesome.

Titanfall could've had such a badass story. It could follow how the humans started slowly going from man to man war to a man/machine vs man/machine war. And showing how the Titans were made and the failures and the maybe proto-types of the certain titans.  How are they going to make a good fresh and bouncy multiplayer but not a fresh or interesting campaign ?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I always play the campaign first then play the multiplier once I have completed the campaign. I didn't know I was the minority.  

this

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Finally! If i wanted a story i'd watch a movie, i play games to rank up and earn stuff, the thing i hate most about gta v and destiny is the annoying cut scenes u can't skip, just let us play the god damn game.

that's the only reason I would even get that game lol. I couldnt care about getting a bad battlefield rip-off with a skin of star wars.

I don't recall the last person who played any of the campaigns from BF3/4/H and remotely liked it.

Yeah but it's Star Wars, not battlefield.

The only reason I bothered playing BF4 campaign was because my internet was out, BUTUTUTUTBUT THIS IS STAR WARS LIKE WHAT?

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Well, I guess I won't be buying this one then. I'm mainly a single-player gamer. O:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

i only played the BF4 campaign for the unlocks, its a scripted to shit SP

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

that is terrible news.  I've been afraid of this happening to games as of late as it seems like miltiplayer is all anyone talks about.  I like single player campaigns and co-op campaigns a lot more than pvp online multiplayer, probably because I'm not that great at most fps games and I dont always have the time/energy to play online.  Sometimes I need to pause my games and I dont like that being a problem.  I play pvp online sometimes but I spend way more time playing campaigns solo or with other people on co-op.  Especially for a starwars title that is just sad.... :(

Yep,I Feel Single Player Should Be Focused On More,THe Only Single Player Game I've Liked In A Long Time Was Fallout 3

No. This is bullshit on EA's part. SWTOR's F2P is basically unplayable. And by basically, I mean completely. IT IS subscription based ALSO supported by microtransations. Hell you can not even do more than 5 pvp matches a week on f2p.

EVERYONE would play campaign on Battlefront. They were just to lazy to make it good enough to be worth doing.

Battlefront 2 had amazingly fun campaigns that was basically just a series of instanced objective based maps. That would have been enough for this new game. It didn't have to be radical. Or crazy good story driven.

I agree that a single player Campaign for SW:BF would be very popular.

But I strongly disagree that SW:BF2 had a good campaign. It was shit. The cutscenes and voice acting was solid, but the actual maps? Oh, you're just playing a MP Capture Point map with AI instead of players. The levels themselves were a shit experience. You might as well have just rollplayed it while playing MP.

Star Wars has some excellent SP campaigns throughout the various games. The Battlefront series was never one of them. Take a look at KOTOR/KOTOR 2, the Jedi Knight series, hell even Sith Unleashed had a better campaign then Battlefront 1 or 2 did.

I personally, will not be buying Battlefront. No single player equals no sale, for me. I think this was a missed opportunity - they could have crafted an excellent single player campaign - hell, if they needed help, get the Visceral guys on board. Dead Space had an awesome campaign.

If they don't feel confident in making a StarWars campaign just yet then its fine by me.

Also Battlefront 1 and 2 did not have the best campaigns either.

Battlefront 1's campaign gave you scenes from the movie, and a few cool "orders" then shoved you right into a huge deathmatch on some map.

Battlefront 2 was a bit better and the back story told by some random clone was a nice addition, however, you still were thrown onto a map in a deathmatch style game. I will say there were objectives and scripting added into those campaign levels.

I agree more or less of your analysis of the original games. The first game's SP was terribad. It had basically no effort put in. The second game added a bit more effort, but even the little "additions" they made to the SP version of the map, the scripted events and what not, were a token effort at best. The cutscenes and voice acting were all very good, but the levels themselves were still just glorified MP matches.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I wonder what happens if multiplayer is very similar to Battlefield? Because EA will then go 'Oh, the game was a failure, we'd better close that studio down'. You know, just like that last SIMs abomination-EA killed a franchise because they decided that people wanted multiplayer, even though it wasn't really wanted or needed.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

"We also skipped ADS because we realized people weren't going to use it all that much so yeah... good luck at hip firing."

Battlefront Hipfire , the game.

Lol. Invalid post.

So apparently not having ADS makes a game shoot inaccurate weapons. You must of not played the original games. They worked fine, and god forbid the developers actually knew how to code weapons that shot straight with out iron sights.

This post is outrageous.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

I always play the campaign first then play the multiplier once I have completed the campaign. I didn't know I was the minority.

Yeah I'm the same way, but every one I know doesn't touch SP.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

I played all the campaigns of all the games I played to date. The game is still USD$60 for just a multiplayer game which to me is not cool at all, the multiplayer better be drop dead amazing if I'm not getting my single player on. (Give that it only multiplayer it better be).

Counter-Strike, League of Legends, and Dota 2 don't have a single player campaign and they seem to be doing fine so don't bring up Titanfall like it's the only multi-player only game out there.

Having no single player campaign means that more of their budget can be allocated towards multi-player and that's a good thing. There will more than likely be other Star Wars games coming out and some will probably be single player focused so you can get your campaign there.

Counter-Strike, League of Legends, and Dota 2 don't have a single player campaign and they seem to be doing fine so don't bring up Titanfall like it's the only multi-player only game out there.

Having no single player campaign means that more of their budget can be allocated towards multi-player and that's a good thing. There will more than likely be other Star Wars games coming out and some will probably be single player focused so you can get your campaign there.

Bad examples.

CS:GO - $17

http://store.steampowered.com/app/730/

LoL - Free to Play

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/

Dota 2 - Free to Play

http://store.steampowered.com/app/570/

These are not "$60 AAA" games. These are multiplayer only games, two-thirds of which are free.

Titanfall had a steep asking price for a Single Player only game. If it was Free to Play, or only $17 at launch price, then the game might have been more well received.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Because this worked out so well for Titanfall.

titanfall had other issues, not just the lack of campaign.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.